• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Which is our worst FA Cup defeat under Levy ?

Which is our worst ever FA Cup defeat under Levy ?

• 0-4 V Chelsea (H) - R6 (2002)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0-1 V Saudi Sportswashing Machine (A) - R6 (2005)

• 2-3 V Leicester (A) - R3 (2006)

• 1-2 V Leeds (A) - R4 (2013)

• 1-2 V Leicester (H) - R4 (2015)

• Total voters

Spurs7891

Jermaine Jenas
You know Levy jinxed our FA Cup forever when he sacked George Graham just before the FA Cup semi final in 2001. We were destined to win the Cup that year due to that magic of the year that ends in "01". Since then we have suffered many humiliating exits from the FA Cup.

So which of those defeats you feel were the worst FA Cup defeat during the Levy era ?

I was undecided between the humiliating 3-4 defeat to 10-man ManCity despite leading 3-0 at half time and the demoralising semi final defeat to Portsmouth in 2010. But looking back, that semi final defeat to Portsmouth was the most unacceptable result for me. Was affected by that defeat for many months. Losing to a shyte team in the semi final was simply unforgivable !

5-1 Chelsea semi final, easy.

Not sure how the chairman can be held resonsible for individual matches but whatever keeps you happy...

Are any of them worse than losing to Port Vale when the FA Cup still meant something?

Was torn between City, Pompey and the one I picked which was the fool'em 4-0 away loss when we were playing pretty well and they weren't. That one stayed with me...not Levy's fault mind.

its the one you mentioned in the post but didn't offer as an option, Graham had us playing very effectively in the FA Cup when ENIC took over, he also knew a few things about the scum, i was all for getting rid of him and bringing in Hoddle but it should not have been done until our cup run was over IMO

its the one you mentioned in the post but didn't offer as an option, Graham had us playing very effectively in the FA Cup when ENIC took over, he also knew a few things about the scum, i was all for getting rid of him and bringing in Hoddle but it should not have been done until our cup run was over IMO

There is never a bad time to sack George Graham.

You know Levy jinxed our FA Cup forever

What utter utter utter utter utter utter garbage. Can we either ditch this thread or have

Our worst League Cup defeat under Levy
Our worst Europa League defeat under Levy
Our worst Premier League defeat under Levy
Our worst FA Cup defeat under Sugar
Our worst League Cup defeat under Sugar
Our worst Cup Winners Cup defeat under Sugar
Our worst UEFA Cup defeat under Sugar
Our worst League defeat under Sugar
Our worst Premier League defeat under Sugar
Our worst FA Cup defeat under Scholar......
all the way back to
.....Our worst Football Combination South League defeat under Buckle?

I've had enough of the chairman bashing as I think it is pointless, tedious, misguided.
But if we're going to do it, can we stick to the threads already existing.

Definitely the Pompey loss in the semi, they were awful that season and to lose to them at the final hurdle was absolutely gutting. Lesson for the match tomorrow, nothing is guaranteed when playing lesser competition.

Didn't Kevin Prince Boateng score the goals as well? made it even worse

Didn't include the 2001 defeat to Arsenal as it was an expected result as soon as GG got sacked.

Not sure how people can still defend Levy. He may have strengthen us financially, but we are badly unstable and lacking success on the field. With only 1 League Cup, 1 CL campaign and 9 head coach/managers in 14 years since Levy took over as chairman, you can hardly call it a success. And until we win back the FA Cup, Levy will have to accept the blame for sacking GG before that semi final in 2001.

Didn't include the 2001 defeat to Ar5ena1 as it was an expected result as soon as GG got sacked.

Not sure how people can still defend Levy. He may have strengthen us financially, but we are badly unstable and lacking success on the field. With only 1 League Cup, 1 CL campaign and 9 head coach/managers in 14 years since Levy took over as chairman, you can hardly call it a success. And until we win back the FA Cup, Levy will have to accept the blame for sacking GG before that semi final in 2001.

personally i'm not really bothered about the FA Cup, its CL qualification I care about

personally i'm not really bothered about the FA Cup, its CL qualification I care about

I don't understand this logic at all. So basically you are saying you don't want us to win anything? Because we certainly aren't going to win the PL or the Champions League

I don't understand this logic at all. So basically you are saying you don't want us to win anything? Because we certainly aren't going to win the PL or the Champions League

But you could argue that consistently qualifying for the Champions League will see us have alot more success potentially in the long run then an FA Cup win would.

Back