• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What was our worst ever signing?

David Pleat...

if scholar had got his first choice things could have been completely different

I'm guessing your talking about SAF?

Worst player? Off the top of my head it has to be Rasiak, truly truly AWFUL to the extent that I actually felt sorry for him, look so out of his depth in the Prem.

Zokora 8 million for a centre mid who couldn't tackle couldn't shoot and most off all found it hard to make ten yard passes.

Rasiak- Dung

A large percentage of 90s signings.

Worst ever tho? Hmm gotta be Bentley of u consider how much he cost.

yeah, maybe if that doesn't go in we don't have the confidence in the second half that Almunia is gonna fudge everything up like he did

Re: Who was our worst ever signing?

Bentley was a joke most of the time but at least he produced the occasional moment of magic.

The worst ones of all are usually strikers because we invest so heavily in them and we so desperately need for them to perform.

Rebrov could play a bit but it was goals we bought him for. We all thought we'd cracked it with his arrival but the pain when he failed to score game after game was excruciating.

Postiga was similar, he was young and full of promise having just had an amazing tournament for Portugal but once again, the goals just would not come.

However our worst ever striker has to be Raziak. His performances were extraordinary for their utter ineptitude.

The two that stand out for sheer wastes of money are Bentley and Bent.

Objectively Richards and Korsten aren't far behind them, but obviously there were sad circumstances there.

Back