• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Vladimir Putin, President of Russia

Rightly so we mock Trump, but lets face it Putin is even worse and even more dangerous, the guy is going to start world war 3.

Putin won't give a monkeys about WW3 (slight exaggeration ;)) But he would be catatonic if the World Cup was all but cancelled!

Kick him in the ego it's cheaper than smart weapons!

Russia is certainly get more and more aggressive. Think you need to stand up to these people before it goes to far. You have to wonder what Putin's end goal is or maybe he does not know himself.

The big question is do we have to go "too far" to stop him?

Good question, Trump's tactic with North Korea I do not think would work with Russia. I would suggest perhaps even more economic sanctions trying to isolate Russia as much as possible. I would suggest not even allowing Russian ships anywhere near the North Sea or English Channel. The Scandinavians are as worried about Putin as the rest of Europe. Getting everyone together and grouping up against Russia is the best bet I would think.

When I was a kid in school they showed us the film called ''The Day After'. Anyone remember that? It scared the brick out of me and had me thinking prepper thoughts for years afterwards. It really affected me and I guess I was at an impressionable age (It's not all bad though as it also also about the same time I saw Spurs play for the first time and decided I would support them till I die - which I thought at the time was shortly after in a ball of flame).

I have a young family now and honestly I have started thinking prepper thoughts again. How mad is that? What percentage chance that one of the unhinged fudges in power will decide his ego is bruised enough to take a step that sets us down that path.

I mean who will make the wine?? WHO??? I better buy a book about that.

When I was a kid in school they showed us the film called ''The Day After'. Anyone remember that? It scared the brick out of me and had me thinking prepper thoughts for years afterwards. It really affected me and I guess I was at an impressionable age (It's not all bad though as it also also about the same time I saw Spurs play for the first time and decided I would support them till I die - which I thought at the time was shortly after in a ball of flame).

I have a young family now and honestly I have started thinking prepper thoughts again. How mad is that? What percentage chance that one of the unhinged fudges in power will decide his ego is bruised enough to take a step that sets us down that path.

I mean who will make the wine?? WHO??? I better buy a book about that.

Just tidied up the garage and sorted out the racking

Gonna bulk buy water and tinned food

We’re doomed... we’re doomed I tell thee

But seriously it’s a right fudged up world right now

Putin has been getting worse and worse. Then having Trump on the other side.

Tell you I bet Japan and South Korea are getting a bit nervous. If America bails out over there then China and Russia will be ruling the world.

Still good to hear the EU being world leaders on this like they always say they are.

Putin has been getting worse and worse. Then having Trump on the other side.

Tell you I bet Japan and South Korea are getting a bit nervous. If America bails out over there then China and Russia will be ruling the world.

Still good to hear the EU being world leaders on this like they always say they are.

They are doing the reverse of bailing out, they have aggressively moved East with their military. Really, the whole North Korea thing is more about them (yanks) having missiles aimed at China. The most aggressive country in the world is the USA and it's not even close.

They are doing the reverse of bailing out, they have aggressively moved East with their military. Really, the whole North Korea thing is more about them (yanks) having missiles aimed at China. The most aggressive country in the world is the USA and it's not even close.

And your thoughts on your pal Putin?

And your thoughts on your pal Putin?

I find it funny the way everyone sees Russia as Putin. There are other people in Russia you know? There is a whole elite of people that run Russia. From our media, you'd think that Putin sits at a desk with a list of Spies and himself gives the order to exterminate them. Or that Russia's involvement in Syria is some flippant tyrannical whim. Why do we think Russia and Putin are that different to the West?

I find it funny the way everyone sees Russia as Putin. There are other people in Russia you know? There is a whole elite of people that run Russia. From our media, you'd think that Putin sits at a desk with a list of Spies and himself gives the order to exterminate them. Or that Russia's involvement in Syria is some flippant tyrannical whim. Why do we think Russia and Putin are that different to the West?

Quite right, but what are your views on Putin. We all know Trump is evil and stupid. So what are your views on your pal Putin?

Quite right, but what are your views on Putin. We all know Trump is evil and stupid. So what are your views on your pal Putin?

I've never met him. What's funny is everyone seems to feel 'pally' with Putin. Love him or loath him he has a certain charisma. I've met some of Putin's cronies and there is no doubt Russia is run by an elite who cream off billions for themselves. Putin is a product of his time in that sense. But what he has done is brought stability to Russia and replaced the mob violence and gangsters with a state mob, which Russian people are used to from communism. The country is largely free though with a central elite able to take out wealth from the country.

As for foreign policy, that is a different story. But in short I don't think Russia has acted half as badly as the western media would have us believe. What's your view?

Russia is certainly get more and more aggressive. Think you need to stand up to these people before it goes to far. You have to wonder what Putin's end goal is or maybe he does not know himself.

Would be interested in what actions Russia has taken recently to make this statement. Not saying its wrong, but interested in what these acts of aggression are.

I've never met him. What's funny is everyone seems to feel 'pally' with Putin. Love him or loath him he has a certain charisma. I've met some of Putin's cronies and there is no doubt Russia is run by an elite who cream off billions for themselves. Putin is a product of his time in that sense. But what he has done is brought stability to Russia and replaced the mob violence and gangsters with a state mob, which Russian people are used to from communism. The country is largely free though with a central elite able to take out wealth from the country.

As for foreign policy, that is a different story. But in short I don't think Russia has acted half as badly as the western media would have us believe. What's your view?

I am close friends with a number of Latvians. What is funny is the ones in the west of the country hate him. But the one in the east of Latvia consider themselves ethnically russian and want Putin to invade. They view Russia as Putin and vice versa.

I can not decide whether Putin is spoiling for a fight because he is a nationalist ashamed of the collapse of the Soviet Union and wishes to restore Russia and its might, which is when the echos of Hitler become a little disturbing.

Or whether he is just a gangster who is pushing as far as he can get.

No one dislikes Trump more then me, I did start the Trump thread saying he was a nut job. But one curious thing the situation in North Korea has shown that standing up to a bully is actually quite a good thing to do.

Read a book recently on geo politics and how land and sea has created a lot of the political issues we have in the world. It is an interesting time to be watching and I would love to see how it all plays out and where the world will be in 30 years time. Do not think we will have the freedoms we have enjoyed in the past unless the West remains dominant. Of course the are a lot of people in the world who have never had freedom so dont know what they are missing.

To be honest, I don't think Trump or Putin are as radical as the media would have us believe. Heard a comparison of Trump and Kennedy and if you solely look at actions - not words - Kennedy was far more radical. Trump is just a tweeting, publicity fluffy bunnies cuddling. He says a lot, but does more or less what most Republicans have done. There are a few nods to things he has promised that are genuinely radical/stupid that he had to do following his promises to all the white trash in America, but really he's all tweet and no trousers - thankfully.

Putin you have to see in context. He arrived into a world of oligarchs and gangsters. There were no rules in Russia when communism ended. From everyone being poor, some managed to grab billions. Putin found himself in that world. At the top of it. He stopped oligarchs running Russia and controlling politics, he reasserted a strong state - in a communist like way that people respected. But he also decided that he himself wanted a piece of the pie that all the oligarchs and others in power were getting - and from having very little himself, Putin probably creamed off billions and billions from oil deals. Once you do that, and all your cronies are at it too, it is very hard to come back. Putin can't leave, he heads up a club of people who have all taken wealth from Russia. If he goes, how are they protected? Putin doesn't control everything in Russia - for example the secrete service that poison traitors - but he keeps a lid on it all.

However, I do have some respect for Russia's foreign policy. I think it is generally misunderstood. I can go into detail, but will just say one thing further now. It is that history will show that the recent divergence between Russia and the West that has caused the UN to claim a new cold war came about when the US (and Europe) tried to pull the former Soviet Republics away from Russia. Like the US, Russia is an empire with its sphere of influence. After being open to the west and happy to work with the US and Europe, it's sphere of influence was under attack on all sides. The US spent billions on Ukraine, moving it away from Russia, at the same time it backed Georgia and helped it shake off Russian control. Was that the beginning of this new cold war? I think so. Russia after that invested in military and electronic secrete services and reasserted its control.

We would never have russia meddle in Ireland, or the US let Russia fund Mexican political parties to shape a future away from the US would it? Yet we only see outrage when Russia retaliates and plays its geopolitical games, that were probably started a good decade ago when right wing americans couldn't break their habits of funding and influencing ex-soviet republics. In that sense the cold war never ceased.

Last edited:
Back