• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Upgrading the Team

I think

De Ligt
Kovacic
Sessengon(sp)
And an up and coming forward would be a great window for me IMO.

That would be an amazing window ..

My only comment would be I really don't think we should go for another pure striker (unless they come from our academy/youth), they simply won't get game time. Spurs with Kane is going to need to find another Son type player, an attacking midfielder who scores, can play with Kane and in a pinch can play up front. Martial is probably the one being touted that fits that mold. Now those 4 would be a ridiculously good window.

Martial...Shiquri....Rondom...nothing changed then...shopping at Debenhams,why are we linked to these players..combined fees to about £55 mill,why weren't we linked to Fred £45 mill,type of player we've been looking for ages,early days yet but have we been linked to anyone that puts pressure on our current first team players.

Only two months to go till deadline....

Martial...Shiquri....Rondom...nothing changed then...shopping at Debenhams,why are we linked to these players..combined fees to about £55 mill,why weren't we linked to Fred £45 mill,type of player we've been looking for ages,early days yet but have we been linked to anyone that puts pressure on our current first team players.

giphy.gif

For fudges sake man, don't believe everything you read.

It's early days, but we had a great average attendence at Wembley and a CL campaign that kept the money coming, and we've done brilliantly to qualify and bring CL football to the new shiny stadium, both will draw even more money into the coffers.

There will be a bit of a shake out finance wise, but once the project is completed and interest rates holding low, Levy can re-finance for the long term and the success of the various revenue streams we have lined up will start to be analysed making the team facing financial budgets more confidently predicted. It's fair to say that the belt (compared to the old WHL) can be loosened a notch or two from the get go.

I think the main focus will be on keeping the top level players at the club happy, and that comes via new contracts and a bump in pay. £17M a year gives us £327,000 extra to pay out in wages a week. That still would put us £50m approx a year behind Liverpool/Arsenal.....but slowly slowly:)

Funds for Poch will be there. Upfront and from sales

Sissoko £25m
Llorente £10m
Jansen £10m
Nkodou £8m
Toby £50m
Edwards £5m

I'd like Rose and Toby to stay, just as senior players, saving the hassle of replacing them and knowing already that they are very good. I'm thinking Toby will go though. I think Rose will stay.

Dembele i would like to stay. If he can be available for 25-30 games that's good enough for me, especially if we are only gonna get £10m. I think the decision is his to stay or go.

Now depending on who Poch wants and/or considers vital positions that need strengthening, he may, due to overall budgets, consider that others are dispensable at little detriment to the strength of the squad but brings cah in to spend.

For example. KWP can be back-up to Tripps /Aurier so one could be sold. Also depending who comes in Lamela could be sold. Im a fan of Lamela BUT i think he needs to decide what type of player he is. His hounding and pressing is exceptional but im not sure he was ever that type of player at Roma....he let his technical ability and skills help his team and contributed numerous goals. That doesn't appear his approach anymore, i think that player is in there but the seasons pass and we're constantly hoping he takes off.

Potentials....

Aurier/Trips £20m
Lamela £30m
Rose £45m
Dembele £15m

So £108m + £110m potentials........looking at it like that its easy to see that we haven't got to dig deep. FWIW i think we can net spend £50M+ (if we have to) based on my mind reading of Levy and his spreadsheets.

Shopping list.....so far
De Ligt £50m
Martial £45m

Last edited:

upload_2018-6-6_16-28-39.jpeg

Im really starting to think I need to watch more football again.

Was a time when I had a pretty decent working knowledge of all the main leagues and the players there in.

These days if the player isnt already in the UK Ive pretty much never heard of them.

Other football was ok when Spurs was brick … watch other teams play now and you will get a new appreciation for how much of a machine Spurs is.

I've come to the realization I'm not a footy fan, just a Spurs fan.

Other football was ok when Spurs was brick … watch other teams play now and you will get a new appreciation for how much of a machine Spurs is.

I used to have the Sky sports subscription, and with the mrs working evenings found myself just watching whatever game was on at the time.

Had a fairly decent knowledge outside the premiership on the Bundesliga, La Liga, Ligue Un, Serie A the Championship and even League One.

Never watched Scottish football though, who would?

Wouldnt say I was obsessed or anything, but certainly had a fairly deep knowledge on all the teams, form, players etc purely due to habitually watching games.

These days I dont even watch all the Spurs games, and thats pretty much all the football I take in. Bar Championship highlights. And I am SOOOOOO out of touch! :eek:

Honestly though I dont much care. Cant say I miss it. As you say, Spurs fan rather than Football fan.

If you just concentrate on Spurs you lose perspective as to the level we Spurs are at in the scheme of European football.
I’m a football fan who supports Spurs, I don’t watch Man U. games unless it’s to watch them lose.
Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal are similar, but I like to see how certain players are improving or not in all teams.
I watch a few Championships games if the are on $ky.

I'll watch whatever turns up on BT Sport, cos I've got that at the moment.

Except the Aussie league. Standards.

It's the same with transfers - you could almost forget they were just HR processes when we were brick. Now its just - get that gonad*s over with, lets get on with the football.

So Liverpool are close to securing Fekir, along with Keita being secured last summer and Fabinho.

Utd seem to have got a couple with Fred and the Portuguese full back

City seem to have Joginho and Mahrez

Arse has signed Lichsteiner

I'm generally not too impatient, particularly as I only think we need say a couple additions (CF, AM) this summer (depending on what happens to TA and Danny-boy)...but the world cup creates a period in which it becomes hard to do deals, and the window closes in just after 2 months. Would be nice if we secure someone, anyone, in the next week or two - I say 'anyone' because I trust Poch's judgement and its clear that he wants players signed this summer, so would be good to get them in

So Liverpool are close to securing Fekir, along with Keita being secured last summer and Fabinho.

Utd seem to have got a couple with Fred and the Portuguese full back

City seem to have Joginho and Mahrez

Arse has signed Lichsteiner

I'm generally not too impatient, particularly as I only think we need say a couple additions (CF, AM) this summer (depending on what happens to TA and Danny-boy)...but the world cup creates a period in which it becomes hard to do deals, and the window closes in just after 2 months. Would be nice if we secure someone, anyone, in the next week or two - I say 'anyone' because I trust Poch's judgement and its clear that he wants players signed this summer, so would be good to get them in

Alternatively:

Liverpool have Fekir to go with Keito and Fabinho. Definite improvement admittedly.

Utd have a card machine waiting to happen and a 19 year old from the portuguese league.

City haven't actually signed anyone yet, have they?

Lichensteiner is 94.

Chelsea have been as quiet as us.

Last edited:
Back