• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Upgrading the Team

I disagree with your first point, training will only take a group so far in fluid situations.

Also I ignored it the first time and put it down to a poor joke, but as you keep bringing it up, I have not said we need a big mouthed bully, I said we need a leader, someone to organise us for developing situations, a calm head to take control and get us through difficult spells of games.
You speak of a feared bully, I ask for a respected leader.

Someone who inspires the team with his words when needed to complement Poch

It’s why I picked up on the comments last night when some Villa people were talking about the impact Terry has had

I personally don’t put the value on winning one horse leagues like the French or Dutch league ... some do clearly

We need a player who when we’re 2-1 down in a semi takes charge and gets the players heads on the game

All the great teams had great leaders

I disagree with your first point, training will only take a group so far in fluid situations.

Also I ignored it the first time and put it down to a poor joke, but as you keep bringing it up, I have not said we need a big mouthed bully, I said we need a leader, someone to organise us for developing situations, a calm head to take control and get us through difficult spells of games.
You speak of a feared bully, I ask for a respected leader.

Good modern leaders look like Kane, Lloris and Verts though. Steely, driven and for their teammates, not the cameras.

Modric is a great player. But personality wise he's known for being basically thick (even for a footballer) and quiet. He's not a dressing-room game changer like Naybet, Davids or vdV were

But Modric could have learned at Madrid the skills necesarry

Good modern leaders look like Kane, Lloris and Verts though. Steely, driven and for their teammates, not the cameras.

One guy who struggles to talk, one who doesn’t talk and one has never been trusted to be our captain despite being here long term...

I can’t imagine one of them changing the mind set of the players mid game by giving them a rocket up the back side

It was our defense that cost us in the cups wasn't it? Not always the backline but probably the team shape and organisation more.

For cup games and later in the season we need to develop an alternative way of playing - sitting back in a compact shape and breaking. When cup sides who are losing against us throw caution to the wind our press is undermined. Our midfield pushes up to press, but they are tiring as its late in the game, and the opposing team pass around the press, and have a free run at the retreating backline. There is so much space for them.

In every cup defeat this season we were in the lead in the final half of the tie, I think? And in all 3 games this above occured I think. We need to add sitting back in a defensive formation to our armoury imo.

Is the ‘lack of winners’, ‘lack of leaders’ today’s lack of fight? We fought Chelsea, and gave up a winning game.

As well as developing the right mentality, we need to defend better than we did in big games. The above outlines what consistently occurred with us, sorry for quoting myself [emoji23]

Developing an ability to close out the game tactically is one key for us to move forward. Much more so than finding leaders imo.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Is the ‘lack of winners’, ‘lack of leaders’ today’s lack of fight? We fought Chelsea, and gave up a winning game.

As well as developing the right mentality, we need to defend better than we did in big games. The above outlines what consistently occurred with us, sorry for quoting myself [emoji23]

Developing an ability to close out the game tactically is one key for us to move forward. Much more so than finding leaders imo.

I think you've hit the problem on the head.
Obviously there's different ways to solve that problem, my feeling is that we could do with an organiser, a player when when games start to turn away from us will be pro active.

Not saying TBR is wrong about Barrow, just that TBR is hardly the go-to source for reliable information.

The sports world is full of websites like TBR. Young, aspiring writers - or just literate hobbyists - chucking out light, bright, pieces of journalistic popcorn, often simply re-wording information published by proper news outlets. Mostly unpaid work.

Much how I like Davies and Trips I think they both could be upgraded, certainly for the first team

We suffered with out the pace of Rose and Walker, both in attack and defence - they were basically our only pace.

What Chelsea game are you referring to?

Christian Pulisic would be a name to bolster the squad. Has been linked with us before (though that may mean nearly nothing) and is now starting to be mentioned again.

Christian Pulisic would be a name to bolster the squad. Has been linked with us before (though that may mean nearly nothing) and is now starting to be mentioned again.
Think he will go for huge money to a richer club than us, marketing reasons alone and he is a very decent player.

Pulisic is a wet dream. I'd love to see him come to us. Very classy hard working quick player. :) I reckon he'll go to someone with more wages to offer than us, but who knows, we're actually good enough to attract these type of players now. Would love to see him in lilywhite. :)

Back