1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

UFO’s - Do You Believe ?

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by markysimmo, 11 Aug 2019.

1. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

I know, real tin foil hat stuff

LutonSpurs likes this.
  2. markysimmo

3. markysimmo

4. Seedy Ron

Seedy Ron Michael Carrick

I'm glad the aliens use degrees, metres and seconds too, will make things easier when they take over.

JerusalemMan, Mikey10, DTA and 3 others like this.
  5. markysimmo

Trump is alledgedly going to spill the beans on secrets before he goes

6. Rorschach

Rorschach Vic Buckingham

7. DTA

DTA Didier Zokora

Yeah im not sure they would tell him s hit

8. DTA

DTA Didier Zokora

Also when would facts stop trump spurting out s hit.

9. Mikey10

Mikey10 Gerry Armstrong

Possibly my favourite ever post on this site.

I can’t wait. I mean, what grounds will we have to doubt anything he says? :D

10. Rorschach

Rorschach Vic Buckingham

That's a fair point.

11. markysimmo

12. markysimmo

13. Scoopage

Scoopage Stephen Kelly

14. markysimmo

15. Scoopage

Scoopage Stephen Kelly

Definitely makes you wonder. I didn't realise how seriously they took it in the 40's/50's and the ridicule only started in the 60's

16. markysimmo

The aerial school incident is the one for me !!!

17. Raziel

Raziel Paul Robinson

So, not sure how I missed this thread, but here are my late ass thoughts

- The question is not is there other life in the universe, it is mathematically impossible that we are the only planet with life, we are made of the most common material in the universe and sheer scale of the universe would lead to life existing elsewhere (an equation was built to prove it)

Therefore the questions are - is there "intelligent" life in the universe and would they be capable of the type of space travel to get here?

The intelligent life one is the one I think gets the least attention and could be the most relevant

- Using our planet as an example, we have less than 10M alive species, with extinct species potentially amounting to 5B species
    - Out of that 5B, to our knowledge intelligence as we understand it has evolved once?
    - This is really interesting because other traits have evolved independently, multiple times e.g. eyes almost always evolve, fangs, poison, exoskeletons even entire species forms have evolved more than once (crabs, sabertooths), the rarity of intelligence impacts the potential for space travel capable other species.

The next issue is just survivability of intelligence life based on the timeframe required to evolve (it's taken us 4.5B years to get here)

- Mass extinction events make pre space age intelligent species very vulnerable
    - The other issue is intelligence has some links to violence as a trait, we as a species managed to make it through the nuclear age so far, but could so easily have gone wrong, potential for science giving a species the ability to destroy themselves before the cultural maturity to deal with it is pretty high.
    - Machines/AI, general purpose AI (which would also be a natural development with a science based society) is a threat than we still haven't figured out how to address.

If somehow this rare attribute species managed to survive the above brickshow, how feasible is it any of these are anywhere close to our solar system?

- They may simply be on the other side of the universe

The last issue is simply the intelligence gap to a species capable of space travel

- It could be they are only 500/1000 years ahead of us on the evolution timeline (if you think of the progress we have made in last 100 years you see the exponential nature of it), anything more than that would be completely beyond our comprehension.

We might no longer be interesting, it would be something akin to talking a multi-day cross country drive and stopping to talk to a random group of cows ..

18. markysimmo

I'm starting to think more the phenomenon could be multi dimensional rather than inter planetary

19. johnola

johnola Terry Fenwick

Another question in respect of life on earth is how often has it started from scratch in conditions known to be accommodating?

20. Raziel

Raziel Paul Robinson

Possible, but probably create the same gap issue re how such a species (capable of inter-dimensional or cross millions of light years type travel) would view us, likely just no more interesting than ants.

markysimmo likes this.