• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

U23s, Academy and Loanees

This is brilliant for our youngsters. Hopefully the club are seeing what they can do to keep him around as having somebody like that at the club would be a big carrot for a lot of young talent.
Indeed. Forget Mason and Powell, as much as I appreciate them - Toure is the real deal. If a youngster isn't inspired after a session with him, I don't know what will get them motivated.

This is brilliant for our youngsters. Hopefully the club are seeing what they can do to keep him around as having somebody like that at the club would be a big carrot for a lot of young talent.

I was thinking that earlier, what a great idea it is to have ex-pros of that calibre working with the academy on an ad-hoc basis. Maybe it will be another string to our bow, being a desirable environment to attract ex-players at the higher end of their coaching badge programme, from time to time. There is so much experience from which our young players could learn, and levels to which they can aspire.

Great players dont always make good coaches, it's a special skill to coach young players, totally different from working with experienced players.

Great players dont always make good coaches, it's a special skill to coach young players, totally different from working with experienced players.

Indeed. But I'm not suggesting any replacement of our coaching staff, and assuming we would exercise some 'quality' control as to who is involved, it is an added bonus for our young players to be exposed to that level of player in their day-to-day training.

Which are the stars of that team? Dorrington, the CB I've heard of, and Donley the CF who I think I read is injured

Which others?

The under 18s got through to the next round in the youth Cup, beat Ipswich 5-1.

Alfie Devine got another 2 goals.
That's not true mate.
The match report is poorly written and implies Devine got 2 in the opening few lines, but he got 1 and Davies got 2.

It was a tight match, 2-1 for ages, Gunter saved an Ipswich penalty, then we got to 3-1 after 82 minutes and scored twice in injury time.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2021/december/five-alive-in-fa-youth-cup/

Back