1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Window Thread

Discussion in 'Transfer Archives' started by LemonadeMoney, 9 Sep 2018.

1. StephenH

StephenH Chris Jones

The trouble for some is we are in the “now” not looking at five years ago.
    We are top four side and although missing some good players we did not play well against Cardiff.

2. Seedy Ron

Seedy Ron Dean Richards

... and won.

monkeybarry likes this.
  3. StephenH

StephenH Chris Jones

Absolutely nothing.
    And?

4. parklane1

parklane1 Les Howe

We are in such a mess its no wonder we are a massive TWO points off top place.

monkeybarry and Bedfordspurs like this.
  5. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Steve Sedgley

And we have no money to spend
    And we can’t sell out Wembley vs the mighty Cardiff
    And we have no players fit enough for our next game
    And Poch is taking over from Mou

parklane1 likes this.
  6. parklane1

parklane1 Les Howe

Crisis time.

7. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Steve Sedgley

Up the creek without a paddle

I’ll agree with anyone who wants to say we haven’t played well as we haven’t

We have imo had two great halves vs united and Barca (2nd half’s for the avoidance of doubt). I also think we really controlled the games vs Watford and Brighton but poor defending and errors cost us in one and almost did in the other

But.... most sides would bite our hands off for the points total we have whilst not playing out first 11 once this season

I fully expect the World Cup players to come into their own as the season goes on and he’ll is push for more and more points... looking at pool today they looked leggy and tired for big chunks of the game and their not fielding players who played much World Cup time so it catches up with everyone when you play high intensity, and we really haven’t started yet

8. SpurSF

SpurSF Stephen Clemence

We really need another midfielder to replace Dembele. NDombele was the dream, but he's far surpassed our price range at this point.

I'm still expecting us to get Grealish in January, as Villa will have to pay about 50 million for FFP on March 1. If they don't, they will likely be hit with a transfer embargo, which will hamstring their rich new owners' ability to re-invest next summer and likely keep them in the Championship for at least two more years. I suppose if they looked dead certs to go up, it might be worth taking a transfer embargo if you were promoted. But at this point, that looks unlikely.

9. Benny_Lad

Benny_Lad Neil Sullivan

Credit to the players and Poch for coming through the first part of the season with the points they have.

The next 6 league games should give a clearer indication as to where we are at. Stay in touch after these and I'm confident we will kick on through Dec and the new year.

Away West Ham
    Wembley City
    Away Wolves
    Away Palace
    Home/Wembley Chelsea
    Away Arsenal

StephenH likes this.
  10. parklane1

parklane1 Les Howe

Indeed, considering the injurys we have had and the amount of changes Poch has had to make we are doing ok. Once the injurys clear up we will be fine.

11. DaveT316

DaveT316 Sean Davis

I can’t quite work out how after 14 games, we will have played NINE away!

If we are still close then - within about four points from top - and the injuries have cleared up, we’re in the hunt as you say!

12. milo

milo Mel Hopkins Staff Member

For the last few seasons i've felt that we are doing well if we are in touching distance of the top four at Christmas. If we carry on like we are, we will be bettering that which will put us in a very strong position for the second half of the season.

13. 90291Spur

90291Spur Pedro Mendes

Aaron Ramsey???

14. Rorschach

Rorschach Garth Crooks

He's not here.

15. parklane1

parklane1 Les Howe

I agree.

Considering all the injurys we have had ( too key players like Eriksen, Jan etc), all the players we had going deep into the WC and then to sit TWO points of top place is very good. I see no reason to suggest that once these injured players are back fit ( Winks is already starting to look like the player he was) we will not have a good second half.

16. StephenH

StephenH Chris Jones

Away West Ham
    Wembley City
    Away Wolves
    Away Palace
    Home/Wembley Chelsea
    Away Arsenal

10 pts?

Last edited: 8 Oct 2018
  17. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Christian Ziege

Hmmm...most of these injuries have been in the last week or so....we weren't playing very well generally BEFORE the injuries so i'm not sure if we are seeing what we want to see re our results and the gap at the top atm....let's hope when most of the absentees when they return play a fair bit better than before they were out..

18. parklane1

parklane1 Les Howe

Have you been taking those misery pills again? ;)

19. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Christian Ziege

Nah, just pondering our winning m.e.n.t.a.l.i.t.y., which i'm sure you'll appreciate:D

20. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Dean Richards

You are right we haven’t played well at all so far, but the team was knackered before a ball was kicked this season, most of our starting 11 had about a 2 week summer break because they got to the last weekend of the World Cup.

The squad players who could have filled in for them at the start of the season were injured (winks, Lamela, Wanyama, Foyth, Onomah), Son on international duty as well.

Of course you will say we should have signed someone, but how many should we sign just to give the players an extra week or two off?

milo and parklane1 like this.