1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Window Thread

Discussion in 'Transfer Archives' started by LemonadeMoney, 9 Sep 2018.

1. mjc23

mjc23 Goran Bunjevcevic

Yes Ramsey and Rice would be great signings. Especially on frees/tribunals. Plus West Ham fans would cry too.

2. the dza

the dza Christian Ziege

I think Ramsey wants mega money, so I don't think we would try for him. Very decent player though, if he stays fit.

Rice from West Ham would be very us, I think.

3. monkeybarry

monkeybarry Pat van den Hauwe

Vidal at Barca is exactly the profile we need I think.
    Experienced.
    Hardcore.
    Winner.
    Little bit of a taco.
    Might move for regular football?

glasgowspur likes this.
  4. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

Issac Success from Watford as Llorente's replacement, and John McGinn from Villa as an extra CM, are the two options who have caught my eye this season so far

5. AdamB

AdamB Steffen Freund

Very similar profile of player, but when we played Inter I was thinking how much Nainngolan would bring to Spurs. Not that we would have paid the fee which Inter paid for someone of his age though...

I also seem to keep reading positive reviews of Ndombele now...maybe he was getting similar reviews last season and its just that I notice them now on the back of us being linked with him throughout the summer

6. Legohamster

Legohamster Nick Barmby

Ndombele absolutely destroyed city

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  7. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Johnny Morrison

I think the fuss about our lack of signings was exaggerated. One of the biggest problems is that our reserves were a number of reserves were coming back from injury, or didn’t have many minutes in the bank, when called upon.

Winks, Son, and Wanyama are good players, good back up players for the first team. Yet each of the three were not match ready through returning from Internationals, or injury. Then when they were called upon they’d not had many minutes of football so were called upon earlier than we would have liked.

Not many teams could have the squad to deal with a handful of injuries to key players, and a number of players out of condition.

If we are to sign players, they have to be first team players who actively improve the squad.

8. mudshark

mudshark Mitchell Thomas

LOL, the rate wе're going, by the time February rolls around, Ryan Nelsen and Louis Saha will be like the good old days.

Last edited: 6 Oct 2018
  9. glasgowspur

glasgowspur John Lacy

The Watford lad yes, quick and powerful with decent touch.
    Not seen mcginn

10. AdamB

AdamB Steffen Freund

Not sure how to read that...'first team players' meaning 'one of our first choice 11'? Or someone who can rotate in/out of the team? And clearly anyone we should sign should improve the squad (ie improve our best 22-25 players) otherwise I'm not sure why we'd sign them!!

I dont think we need multiple signings, but 1-2 would make a huge difference - sell Sissoko and sign someone who can play in the Dembele or Eriksen role, sell GKN and sign a wide forward who can also play through the middle. I guess we might never know why we didnt sign anyone in the summer, but our inability to sell players over the summer (Janssen, Llorente, Sissoko, GKN etc) as well as sign them suggests that we're not prepared to pay asking prices for signings, and asking too much for outgoings.

11. milo

milo Fanny Walden Staff Member

Or the players were not willing to move to the clubs that showed an interest.

12. StephenH

StephenH Colin Calderwood

The effect is identical.

I believe this summer has seen a seismic shift in transfers.
    There are now too many average players available the market.
    Its why I don't see clubs taking Jannsen, we will have to pay him off likewise Llorente and GKN and Sissoko £10m + wage subsidy that's why I believe we will let him run his contract down to 2021:eek:.
    Our poor purchases are so bad they are nullifying the uplift from good and the effect was seen in the last non-transfer window.

Last edited: 7 Oct 2018
  13. milo

There is a real difference in terms of how our club is being run. AdamB is saying that we are pricing ourselves out of the market. If the reality is that Danny Rose wouldn't join Everton because he thinks he should be playing for Manchester United, that is a very different situation, even if the outcome is the same.

14. StephenH

Rose, Toby, Dembele have every right to prefer one club of another that’s part of football
    We have made some very poor purchases and we are now seeing the effect.
    We have waited how long for Lamela to reach a descent standard!
    We are nullifying the Dele buys with too many duds. It would be fine but our transfer budget has zero room for any mistakes. Pochettino deserves a medal!

Last edited: 7 Oct 2018
  15. glasgowspur

glasgowspur John Lacy

I seem to recall Janssen being a poch buy.
    Was he scouted by poch because of his attitude?

16. StephenH

The only Poch buy was Gazzaniga as far as I can recall
    Janssen was scouted by our in house scouting team with thier guide dogs in tow!

17. milo

Of course they do, no one is saying otherwise.

18. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Erik Thorstvedt

And Nainngolan was chasing shadows in our game after 20 minutes so not sure how he would deal with the pace of the premier league

Ndombele looks a real player though and a great profile for us age and development

19. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Erik Thorstvedt

You only need to look at the players that actually transferred to other clubs to see the prices being paid for players who have actually done nothing to date

Robaldo was the only player to move in the top 10 transfers who had won a top 3 league IIRC

20. metalgear

metalgear Christian Ziege

Amy thoughts about the size of the transfer budget? Are we able to take losses on the driftwood, and put everything into a significant purchase? Or are we truly hamstrung by the stadium delays?

Sent from my SM-T819Y using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app