• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Window Thread

It's all very odd, surely he would have had discussions before signing the contract about transfers. Levy may not deliver everything managers want but I don't think even he'd deliberately not sign anyone to save money - he's generally always backed managers with signings fairly consistently.

I genuinely believe the narrative that we had players we thought would improve us, we had a certain budget, we couldnt make that happen - and we didnt want to do another Sissoko* just for the hell of it.

My hope at this point is that teams now have their squads basically set, which may give us something of a free run at a couple of players in Jan.

And, honestly, it really is only a couple of players we are looking for IMO. Barring unexpected sales.

*Not slagging Sissoko. Look at it in context, late window, clearly panic buy, at the time record buy - and with all the best will in the world the transfer has been a dud. Chances are, that £30m spend may have even killed any potential January moves we could have made. I think both Levy and Poch got burned by that and are a little more cautious as a result.

Last edited:
Ramsey hasn't shared his thoughts with me. But I bet he'd love to put one or two over on the goons each season in our shirt. Only 27, still skillful. Plug and play for a PL team.

I said it in the summer (to much ridicule) that we really missed a trick not going in hard for Richarlison.

Big annoyance, he's scored six premiere league goals already. Ah well.

I want new full backs.

Chillwell and the lad at palace on the right would give me the same excitement as Rose and Walker 3 years ago did. Think Poch could mould them well.

Probably looking at 30m each, get rid of rose, tripper and Aurier and you might be able to do it without an extra outlay.

As poor as Davies has been I would keep him around as a backup.

Wolves ended up spending 16m on the keeper who thought he could rip up his contract and walk away from Sporting for free... Pre silly season this summer that was a fair bit of money for a keeper

I said it in the summer (to much ridicule) that we really missed a trick not going in hard for Richarlison.

They play him CF though... we have Kane there

He is certainly doing well though but is scoring in pairs isnt he?

I really like him but who would you want him to replace? He’s ultimately an AM, and I’d say that’s the area we are most well stacked in with good quality and variable options....

They play him CF though... we have Kane there

He is certainly doing well though but is scoring in pairs isnt he?

I really like him but who would you want him to replace? He’s ultimately an AM, and I’d say that’s the area we are most well stacked in with good quality and variable options....

Rotating with Kane, would have been handy to allow Kane some rest and keep him completely motivated. He's still not playing at his best, certainly wasn't at the very start of the season.

Then we could have switched him out to the left when Kane's on the pitch. Great squad option, would have got plenty of minutes I reckon.

Cest la vie.

Rotating with Kane, would have been handy to allow Kane some rest and keep him completely motivated. He's still not playing at his best, certainly wasn't at the very start of the season.

Then we could have switched him out to the left when Kane's on the pitch. Great squad option, would have got plenty of minutes I reckon.

Cest la vie.
Yeah true, I guess really that will be Sons role though? Obviously we couldn’t this season because of Sons commitments, but for 50m fee not sure could be justified? Kind of reminds me of Sigurdson, was gutted when he was sold. But ultimately couldn’t justify keeping him with Eriksen being here and would mean one of Lucas, Son or Lamela being sold. That being said, I’d still take him:D

Didn't I read he'd said he wouldn't come here?

Edit: here

That's hardly the stoutest denial. Plus, Ramsey can hardly acknowledge he'd shift to Spurs while still playing for Arsenal. They're having a good season and the more he gets to be a part of it, the greater his leverage when sorting out the contract with his next club.

Back