• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer Tittle-Tattle

Agreed, but that's not really linked.
We could have another £100m in our proverbial war chest, that would surely influence who we can sign?

Also the rather significant difference between having to replace Eriksen and Alderweireld this summer compared to signing someone with the potential to be their replacements in a year. And a lot of follow up questions about the players currently in the squad who may be rated to step up over the next 12 months, but might not be ready to take on a first team role right now.

I was thinking that if there ever was a preferred year to lose our best AM and our best CB, this is the one. We have enough money to replace them and our cache is at the highest it's ever been in recent memory. Had we lost them last year, or two years ago, we'd have struggled much more to replace them.

I am only going on what I see from youtube videos, but Carlos Soler looks like a midfielder we should go for and especially if Eriksen leaves. Looks a lovely and very creative player.

I'm not so sure. The appeal of signing both Ndombele and Lo Celso seems to be that it doesn't then matter what happens with Eriksen and Alder

If both stay, we just have 5 CMs and Ndombele replaces Wanyama, Lo Celso is extra (or Dembele's replacement, although Sissoko is already that)

If Eriksen leaves, we have 4 CMs and Lo Celso replaces Eriksen at AM

If Alder leaves we have 4 CMs and Dier reverts to CB

If Alder and Eriksen leave we have 5 CMs, two of whom are versatile cover at AM and CB

You put your left foot in,
Left foot out...

Manchester United are leading the chase to sign Portugal midfielder Bruno Fernandes from Sporting Lisbon, with Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project also interested in the 24-year-old. (Radio Rossonera, via Sun)

PSG's France midfielder Adrien Rabiot, 24, could stay with the Ligue 1 champions despite being left out of the team for the second half of last season. (ESPN)

Celtic swoop for Bolton ace
Celtic are ready to swoop for Bolton ace Luca Connell, according to The Sun.

The Scottish giants have contacted Bolton’s administrators to discuss a fee for the 18-year-old Irish talent.

Wolves, Norwich and Sheffield United are all monitoring him plus Brighton and Southampton made failed January bids.

Adrien Rabiot breaks silence and admits to transfer talks amid Man Utd links
Man Utd and Arsenal transfer target Adrien Rabiot has delivered a major update on where he could move this summer

Adrien Rabiot has confirmed he is in talks with Juventus as he prepares to finally resolve his future this summer.

The French midfielder refused to renew his Paris Saint-Germain deal last season leading to him being frozen out at the Parc des Princes.

Despite not playing a game in 2019, Rabiot has emerged as a Manchester United target as part of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's summer rebuild.

Recent rumours have also suggested he could be open to a shock u-turn to stay in the French capital, although such a change of heart appears unlikely.

He's now broken his silence on speculation surrounding his future and declared he is already holding talks with Serie A giants Juventus over a move to Italy - but hinted a Manchester United move could still interest him.

Whilst on holiday with his mother, who also acts as his agent, in Italy's Porto Ercole resort, he told Corriere dello Sport and Tuttosport: “It's true, Juventus have looked for me. We are talking to each other.

"I like Italy so much. Being in this place is wonderful, you rest and you will regenerate. A demanding season awaits me.

"We are evaluating, we cannot say anything. I do not know yet.

"Juventus are a great club where every good player would want to go.

"Manchester United? It is the same. I have to decide, I'm on holiday for now "

According to Sportitalia, the Bianconeri has already made an approach for Rabiot.

They are set to name Maurizio Sarri as their new manager after agreeing a compensation fee with Chelsea .

They want to hand him another midfield boost with their second free transfer, following Aaron Ramsey to Turin.

Rabiot was a regular for PSG during their 2017/18 title-winning season before falling out of favour when he failed to commit his future.

He has since angered club bosses by liking an Instagram post by Patrice Evra celebrating Manchester United's win over his side in the Champions League and being spotted partying in the city after the defeat.

Rabiot has also been linked with Barcelona and Arsenal as his situation nears a long-awaited resolution after several months out in the cold.

I thought he sacked his mother off?

And if Juve gave Ramsey £400k a week on a free, I dread to think what they will offer Rabiot - I doubt many could/would compete.

Tottenham prepared to break transfer record TWICE this summer
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is keen on Tanguy Ndombele and Giovani Lo Celso but Spurs will not be held to ransom

Tottenham could break their transfer record twice this summer.

Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino is keen on Giovani Lo Celso and Tanguy Ndombele but they will not be held to ransom by Real Betis and Lyon.

Daniel Levy remains determined to drive a hard bargain despite giving Pochettino funds to strengthen this summer.

Spurs have already had a bid worth up to £53m for Betis midfielder Lo Celso rejected but are set to make an improved offer over the next few days.

And they are also confident a deal can be struck with Lyon for Ndombele after opening talks with the Ligue 1 club for the £71m-rated France midfielder.

Tottenham have no intention of paying the full asking price for Ndombele, 22, who impressed in the Champions League last season.

And they are also unwilling to pay Betis the full £88.9m release clause in Argentina star Lo Celso’s contract.

But there is a realisation that each player will cost more than the £42m club record fee Spurs paid Ajax for Davinson Sanchez in 2017.

It has also emerged that Atletico Madrid launched a rival £49m bid for Lo Celso, who remains Tottenham’s priority.

But the north Londoners remain confident the 23-year-old, who is expected to star at this summer’s Copa America, wants to join them.

Having not made a single signing in the last two transfer windows, Mauricio Pochettino wants the Champions League fianlists to spend big this summer to close the gap on champions Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool , and the club are determined to back him.

Pochettino is targeting midfield as the key area to strengthen due to Christian Eriksen’s bombshell decision to leave.

But with Real Madrid backing away from a deal and Inter Milan yet to make a firm approach, it is still possible Eriksen could perform a U-turn and sign a new contract.

Nevertheless, midfield was a problem area last season for Spurs, who did not replace Mousa Dembele when he moved to China in January.

And with Victor Wanyama also potentially leaving as part of a major squad shake-up, Pochettino wants two new faces in the engine room.

Dont know much about Ceballos so found these interesting:

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/08/03/scout-report-dani-ceballos-real-madrid/

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-difference-between-Dani-Ceballos-and-Mateo-Kovacics-style-of-play

https://en.as.com/en/2017/07/09/football/1499599207_750080.html

The comparisons to Modric are interesting. And the idea of him being press resistant and bringing the ball forward would explain our reported interest in him.

He's garbage, Ceballos, Isco, Asensio are all highly overrated young players who are huge part of Madrid's failure against even brick teams in La Liga (and it's not their first season at this level)

I've seen a fair amount of Madrid (live within 15 mins walk of the stadium), their side is simply awful most days, the quality of football at Spurs (as a team/whole) is significantly higher.

If they were offering Vinicius or Brahim, much younger, more promising and made real impacts everytime I've seen them, it would be different.

Back