1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer speculation

Discussion in 'Transfer Archives' started by Cochise, 13 Apr 2017.

1. jabbathehut

jabbathehut Luke Young

Ajax looked to have a lot of young talent last night.I wouldn't mind if we replaced sissoko and lamela with zaha.There are probably a few wingers we are looking at and Zaha would be at the top end price wise of that list but he would also be less of a risk and not need time to settle in.

2. milo

milo Bert Bliss Staff Member

Stop messing about

3. Raziel

Raziel Pedro Mendes

Zaha might be worth a punt because he's unpredictable, he can be a match winner. Really have no idea why anyone considers Barkley anymore, utter donkey and will just be another of the long list of English "could have beens" or perhaps just always overhyped.

Agree on next Dele/Modric/Berbatov, however that starting number will be higher.

4. AdamB

AdamB Nayim

Rather than spending the £30m-£40m wjich would be needed to get Zaha, I'd rather see if we could get Bernardo Silva. Can play in Dembele'a position and Eriksen's; and watching Dembele this season and how Poch has nursed him through it, I think we need more cover for that role. Plus we don't have any real cover for Eriksen

Pirate55 and Bedfordspurs like this.
  5. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs George Hunt

Silva from Monaco??

Great player but not a centre mid. He is creative and scores but in the prem centre mid he would be like playing Ozil there

Yoof likes this.
  6. Bullet

Bullet Cecil Poynton

You can't utter Zaha and Silva in the same paragraph. One is Yannick Bolasie, one is AWESOME IN CAPITALS

7. Bullet

Bullet Cecil Poynton

Sounds like Anthony Martial or Memphis Depay or ...

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  8. mudshark

mudshark Mitchell Thomas

It wasn't just the raucous laughter at the other end of the phone that did it, it was the way it seemed to die down and go quiet for a second, but then just started up again even louder.

9. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Luka Modric

I take it you haven't seen him, because he's nothing like those.

10. milo

milo Bert Bliss Staff Member

I think that the second tweet in the thread suggests you're right

11. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

Brandt was being talked about a lot earlier in the season, anyone know how ge is getting on?

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  12. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Jimmy McCormick

Interesting. Re the bolded bit, DM saying today that he has signed a pre-contract with Arsenal...thoughts?

13. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

Well i think Poch could work wonders with him, just look at what he has done for Rose. I remember when I was one of the few people on here that rated Rose,way back when he was offered a new contract and he was slaughtered to high heavens on here. I think Barkley has the tools just like Rose back then but simply has not had the right coaching

Last edited: 14 Apr 2017
    Danishfurniturelover likes this.
  14. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

Are you still totally against us signing Zaha? I remember you said he dribbles too much. Personally I think he would be an excellent signing

15. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs George Hunt

hot and cold from what I've seen

I'd like him though and thunk this is exactly the shining we should make

16. Cochise

Cochise Steve Carr

Strong Barkley links this evening. I'm personally a bit apathetic towards the signing; it could be good and it could be a waste of money.

17. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

Barkley is the leading English player with assists (8) and (73) chances created, Poch could really do something with this guy. He is still just 23 years old, still young enough for Poch to mould him, heck just look at what he has done to Dembele

18. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Paul Robinson

I don't get this look what Poch has done for Dembele? He did well for Fulham, and presumably did well for the team before them. Just because previous Spurs managers didn't know how to get the best from him, doesn't mean Poch has sprinkled magic dust in his cornflakes.

19. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

In the same vein I do not think the Everton managers have got the best out of him.

20. Pirate55

Pirate55 The Last Man Standing 17/18

If Barclay is gettable for a reasonable sum, I would like us to sign him. Why? He is young, English and Premiership tested. His stats are good re assists and chances created. He delivers a wicked free-kick and corner. He can see and pick a pass. There are not many players of this ilk and he will offer genuine competition to Eriksen.This season he appears to have added workrate to his game. Yes, I can certainly see why Poch might be interested. Lots of raw material to work with and a zillion times more what we need than Sissoko.

mjc23 likes this.