• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer rumours - summer 2021 edition

If we're not in Europe next season, an 18 man squad will probably cover >95% of our starting positions next season. In which case, we dont need a huge number of signings and can focus on quality not quantity.

Add a couple new CBs, plus Skipp (PEH deputy) and Sessegnon (back-up LB), to our decent players (Kane, Son, Dele, Lloris, Ndombele, GLC, Hojbjerg, Reguilon) plus a few others like Aurier, Bergwijn, Tanganga and Rodon and you have the core of what is needed. Might need Moura and one of our failings CBs for cover too, but not much more from the current squad.

So sign those CBs and then find another Vinicius-like loan deal and/or a freebie RW back-up and we're more or less ok.

I'm almost talking myself into hoping we finish outside the Europe spots...

If we're not in Europe next season, an 18 man squad will probably cover >95% of our starting positions next season. In which case, we dont need a huge number of signings and can focus on quality not quantity.

Add a couple new CBs, plus Skipp (PEH deputy) and Sessegnon (back-up LB), to our decent players (Kane, Son, Dele, Lloris, Ndombele, GLC, Hojbjerg, Reguilon) plus a few others like Aurier, Bergwijn, Tanganga and Rodon and you have the core of what is needed. Might need Moura and one of our failings CBs for cover too, but not much more from the current squad.

So sign those CBs and then find another Vinicius-like loan deal and/or a freebie RW back-up and we're more or less ok.

Our best chance of winning the top four Cup next year is by not being in Europe next season.

Get rid of Mourinho as well then jobs a goodin

And add a CM player too ideally, ontop of Skipp. Of course, our challenge is going to be shifting the dead weight. How do you sell Sissoko, Davies etc? Who's going to replicate the wages they are on? Lamela is probably worth more as a sub and squad player to us, than what he'd raise in a transfer. What do you do with our cohort of average CBs? Loaning Dier is not the worst idea. Should have happened earlier in his career. He needs to drop a level and play regularly. Sanchez too.

Hard to strengthen when we're carrying a number of players and their wages.

And add a CM player too ideally, ontop of Skipp. Of course, our challenge is going to be shifting the dead weight. How do you sell Sissoko, Davies etc? Who's going to replicate the wages they are on? Lamela is probably worth more as a sub and squad player to us, than what he'd raise in a transfer. What do you do with our cohort of average CBs? Loaning Dier is not the worst idea. Should have happened earlier in his career. He needs to drop a level and play regularly. Sanchez too.

Hard to strengthen when we're carrying a number of players and their wages.

Selling for peanuts would be the way to get them out. Active seller i think they call it.

Selling for peanuts would be the way to get them out. Active seller i think they call it.

Someone has to want them and offer the same or more wages they are on here. Some have Sissoko on 100k a week. Seems implausible to me (must be bonus-dependent), but who would pay half that for Sissoko? Rose has just seen out his contract for similar reasons. Some of these players you would struggle to give away.

Someone has to want them and offer the same or more wages they are on here. Some have Sissoko on 100k a week. Seems implausible to me (must be bonus-dependent), but who would pay half that for Sissoko? Rose has just seen out his contract for similar reasons. Some of these players you would struggle to give away.

It is one reason im against giving son a new contract at 28 with the main part of his game being pace.

Said the same about Toby before he signed his new one, he has done pretty much nothing since. Very few players do anything after 30 years of age with the game being so much about pace these days.

Talking to my nephew tonight around transfers deals and what we could do..

for me we should sell son for £70m plus and go for Dybala... I know he would want CL but hey it’s a convo starter
With the extra money over I’d buy Tarkowski who is out of contract in a year
I’d also get Andersen in for about £30 funded by selling any two of Toby, Dier or Sanchez
I’d also sell Lamela, Foyth, sissoko and either serge or Doherty for about £50m ifwe can get it
That should be enough for someone like Bogle in at RB and potentially Bissouma..

yep 4 players in plus our loans back. And 7/8 out

if Kane goes i'd keep Son.

i'd replace both Dier and Sanchez i think they'd fetch a good sum and good replacements should not be too difficult as lower clubs are suffering more from Covid than us. (Toby.. he can stay if he wants might be good for the last 15 mins if we want to shore up defence with an additional CB)

Lo Celso is too injury prone i'd consider him going too, also we have Skipp ready to replace him. If NDomb can fetch big bucks we still have dele.

Agree with Tarkowski, his partner too.

Winks is a great utility player but not sure he'd want to stay.
I'd bring in Clarke and Sessegnon into the first team too and invest the rest in quality, ready-to-hit-the-ground running players.

I'd like to see us sell Alderweireld, Sissoko, Doherty and Hart; and buy Andersen, Sabitzer and Bogle.

I think the new coach and the return of Skipp, Sessegnon, Foyth and Gazzaniga (and Alli) will do the rest to put us back in 2nd-4th spots.

Back