• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham vs Manchester United OMT

Don't have that same connection with the team at the moment. I'm in much better moods on days we're not playing at the moment.

I agree with you, and the fact that for such a big game, the OMT is only on page 2 just 24 hours before kick-off tells you that lots of others think the same

I have young kids and we generally have tea with them on a Sunday afternoon, and for 430pm kick-offs I haggle with the wife about timing. Tomorrow I wont, and will just watch it later and keep off t'internet in the meantime. Its just not worth ruining family time for.

By the fact that posters are on this site, all GG'ers are probably within the most dedicated 20%-30% say of Spurs fans. The fact that a lot of us are feeling apathetic about the team at the moment tells you a lot about what Mourinho is doing to the image of the club externally and for non-dedicated fans

I agree with you, and the fact that for such a big game, the OMT is only on page 2 just 24 hours before kick-off tells you that lots of others think the same

I have young kids and we generally have tea with them on a Sunday afternoon, and for 430pm kick-offs I haggle with the wife about timing. Tomorrow I wont, and will just watch it later and keep off t'internet in the meantime. Its just not worth ruining family time for.

By the fact that posters are on this site, all GG'ers are probably within the most dedicated 20%-30% say of Spurs fans. The fact that a lot of us are feeling apathetic about the team at the moment tells you a lot about what Mourinho is doing to the image of the club externally and for non-dedicated fans
I posted it in the Saudi Sportswashing Machine thread at the time and it is odd that there is so much apathy when it wasn’t that along ago being in contention for 4th and a league cup final under a relatively new manager would have been cause for optimism.

I think maybe we are also getting bored of watching the games on tv, even in the bad old days I’d still be up for matches when attending or even if I was meeting up with mates to watch down the pub, even if my positivity was drained within the opening 10 minutes of the game.

There’s something missing in the way we are playing at the moment, it feels like there is no spark.

I’d say it also shows as much about apathy of everything in the current world
It’s an odd place still

There’s something missing in the way we are playing at the moment, it feels like there is no spark.

Yes, I dont think its the results - its the nature of performances. To your point, the league position isn't dreadful and we're in a cup final.

Problem is that there is zero identity to the team at the moment - no style, no engrained system, nothing that we do well that you can be proud of. "The way we are playing" as you say. Probably more importantly, there's also absolutely no way you could say that we're on an upward trajectory at the moment - we're gripping on with our finger tips to where we are in the league. Just creates apathy....

My mood ahead of this is that I think it's more likely that we'll get a 1-6 in return than us winning it.

We are out of the running for top 4 if we don’t win this.
I don't quite agree, but it would definitely start to look very unlikely. As well as the points, I sense that the players need a boost. Something to give them a little belief. It's 6 teams fighting for two places, as much as I hope that West Ham and Everton will run out of luck.

Sometimes you have to admit you made a mistake on a player and cut your losses. Or you never know, someone may be stupid enough to spend £40m and take him from us, we did so someone else might.

PS, only statlover1 can mention his age as he likes to in every post about Sanchez :D

Milo has already said that he is not saying what HE would do, he is suggesting what Levy will do.

I posted it in the Saudi Sportswashing Machine thread at the time and it is odd that there is so much apathy when it wasn’t that along ago being in contention for 4th and a league cup final under a relatively new manager would have been cause for optimism.

I think maybe we are also getting bored of watching the games on tv, even in the bad old days I’d still be up for matches when attending or even if I was meeting up with mates to watch down the pub, even if my positivity was drained within the opening 10 minutes of the game.

Some don't want to admit it (not you I must add - I think you see it), but what is really missing is a vibe, spirit, heart, soul and energy about what we're doing. This squad is absolutely fine, save three or four upgrades at most and some loose-end trimming. The problem is how we are being run on the football pitch.

Some don't want to admit it (not you I must add - I think you see it), but what is really missing is a vibe, spirit, heart, soul and energy about what we're doing. This squad is absolutely fine, save three or four upgrades at most and some loose-end trimming. The problem is how we are being run on the football pitch.

Completely. Add two CBs and some tactics and we'd be top 4 and I think probably 2nd.

CBs are solveable in transfer market however to get some system and way of playing we need a new manager. Managers usually install 'their' way of playing early on. Mourinho has been at Spurs 18 months and we're a shambles. No system, no tactics, no identity. You could get a manager out of non-league football and have that; no need for £15m p.a.

Completely. Add two CBs and some tactics and we'd be top 4 and I think probably 2nd.

CBs are solveable in transfer market however to get some system and way of playing we need a new manager. Managers usually install 'their' way of playing early on. Mourinho has been at Spurs 18 months and we're a shambles. No system, no tactics, no identity. You could get a manager out of non-league football and have that; no need for £15m p.a.

No system? No tactics? No identity?

This is hubris. Typically I would take the time to deconstruct it but this time nah. Continue.

For the record, I disagree with the above. Those three are present in the current Spurs. Have you even watched the junior Spurs play? It would be far more honest to say you don't like the current tactics, the current system, the current identity and the current manager.

Spurs are not a shambles. We are still rebuilding to get a top top team. I have read the usual posts. Lighten up - enjoy the season. We have few games left.

The doom and gloom after awhile gets boring. Even West Brom fans show more backing for the team. One would think Spurs were in 17th to 20th place reading some posts.

Lots of our fans have been saying that for weeks and yet we are still in there fighting.
I’m not sure fighting is the word I’d use. We had a run of results where anything less than a win would have put us out of touch, bookended by a poor derby defeat, choked a Europa league tie, won the next Prem game to stay in touch and when the opportunity to make an inroad against a surprise Chelsea slip up against a low end team without their main striker failed to win. Failure today will leave us 5 points off with 7 to play, with three teams to overtake. Anything more than a one game swing will be too much, but actually winning a game we aren’t favourites for would be a timely boost.

I’m not sure fighting is the word I’d use. We had a run of results where anything less than a win would have put us out of touch, bookended by a poor derby defeat, choked a Europa league tie, won the next Prem game to stay in touch and when the opportunity to make an inroad against a surprise Chelsea slip up against a low end team without their main striker failed to win. Failure today will leave us 5 points off with 7 to play, with three teams to overtake. Anything more than a one game swing will be too much, but actually winning a game we aren’t favourites for would be a timely boost.

Maybe fighting was the wrong word but whichever word we use we are still in the hunt, we have choked on occasions but you know as well as i do we have chocked a lot of important games over the last several years. :(. Its become a habit and every one of us has seen it and got our own opinions on what the reason is.

José Mourinho on the #thfc squad harmony: "I don't understand why you ask, because for a week people were speaking like they know everything.
I don't understand why you ask, unless you have doubts about what your colleagues spent all week speaking about."

José Mourinho on the #thfc squad harmony: "I don't understand why you ask, because for a week people were speaking like they know everything.
I don't understand why you ask, unless you have doubts about what your colleagues spent all week speaking about."

What a prick - caught out lying about Toby and Aurier and is now acting like a baby with the media because it's been pointed out.

Back