• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***** Tottenham v Liverpool *****

Gosh the media campaign on the fouls is irritating. I felt there were calls that Spurs didn't get. There are calls in previous games that Spurs didn't get. To become this long whining campaign etc is something else.

Might be that I haven't exposed myself to those stories as much as you. I find it rather enjoyable though. Let them whinge. We were the better team.

A couple of points I haven't seen mentioned

1) Robertson had a cut above his eye, presumably sustained when he stooped to head in his goal and Royale kicked his head... hence Robertson absolutely smashing him and getting a deserved red for that deliberate retaliation
2) Most managers will fear the mighty wingbacks Trent and Robertson, but Conte clearly realised that leaves the centre backs alone versus Kane and Son, with a debutant helping to shield them, so he gambled we would be able to get in behind if we allowed Pool to push forwards. This worked perfectly, chapeau Conte.

Re the cut above his eye and the goal, he was almost on his knees to head that and royal pulled out of going for the ball because his head was there.
Is/was that not dangerous play from Robertson?
Im sure it used to be.
The more i see that goal the more i find wrong with it!

Re the cut above his eye and the goal, he was almost on his knees to head that and royal pulled out of going for the ball because his head was there.
Is/was that not dangerous play from Robertson?
Im sure it used to be.
The more i see that goal the more i find wrong with it!
I haven't checked the wording on the rule now, but before, kneeling down to head whilst another player tries to kick the ball, would be a foul and indirect free-kick against the player who tries to head a low ball, as he is the one instigating the danger.

Does not appear to be that way anymore, at least it's not refeerried that way, and also, indirect FK seems to be completely gone, apart from offside. Weird.

I would have no problem with Kane getting sent off for the tackle, i think it would have been harsh but o would have understood it.
But to say it was worse Robertson is a fudging joke, kane was a misjudgement, Robertson was assault, a nasty malicious tackle intended to do damage.

https://www.football.london/tottenh...-iCNoNn5v9t2T49WWYD_JH259bzWo5geHaZEXtvovmEkg

Extreme punishment for Liverpool players suggested following fiery Tottenham clash on Sunday

Tottenham were involved in a tempestuous affair with Liverpool at the weekend and Marco Tardelli has taken a negative view of the Reds.

Juventus legend Marco Tardelli has claimed Liverpool players should have been handed a ‘10-match ban’ for the fouls they committed against Tottenham at the weekend.

Spurs ended up securing a 2-2 draw against the Reds in what was a controversial affair in north London.

Both sides produced a number of crunching challenges throughout the clash. Harry Kane at first drew plenty of criticism for his tackle on Andrew Robertson but escaped with just a yellow card.

The Liverpool defender was then given his marching orders after the break for a horrendous challenge on Emerson Royal - but only after VAR had intervened.

Whilst assessing Inter Milan’s chances against the Reds, with the two having been matched up against each other in the Champions League last-16, Tardelli has torn into Jurgen Klopp’s men for their approach in north London.

Speaking to Gazzetta dello Sport on Monday, the Italian said: “The fouls that Liverpool players did against Tottenham yesterday, they’d have received a 10-match ban in Italy…

“Besides, Liverpool are almost arrogant in the way they play, all too aware of how strong they are and the protection that they enjoy.”

Following the game, Tottenham boss Antonio Conte remained tight-lipped on his opinion of the various incidents.

Speaking during his post-match press conference, the Italian said: “I think it’s not right to comment on refereeing decisions after the game.

Back