• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Sheriff Tiraspol OMT ***

Exactly, like people are willing him to **** up or resent the praise he gets. Just can't understand the mindset of this. He's no world beater but he's been our best attacker this year do why c@nt him off?

I will accept this comment if you can clearly prove to me exactly how he's been our best attacker this season? I would have Sigurdsson ahead of him at this point.

Quite difficult to prove whose been best, if you purely go on goals then for sure Siggy's been better. Not sure on the assists stats and the assist to the assists, or shots on target that sort of stuff, but just purely looking at the games, I feel something might happen when Townsend gets on the ball, I don't get that so much with the others so far.

Quite difficult to prove whose been best, if you purely go on goals then for sure Siggy's been better. Not sure on the assists stats and the assist to the assists, or shots on target that sort of stuff, but just purely looking at the games, I feel something might happen when Townsend gets on the ball, I don't get that so much with the others so far.

Yes but therein lies the issue. He never makes anything happen, and when he has the chance to make things happen, he's often selfish and wasteful..

As I've admitted already, the lad has potential, but at the moment I think he detracts more than he adds.. Despite the impressive pace, excessive shooting and a couple of good Ingerlund games.

I don't really agree, I think he has ok end product at the moment with plenty of room for improvement though. He could have had a couple of assists against villa as well as his goal, he put in 1 or 2 nice crosses and decent shots v Chelsea, another few v Cardiff, Everton. I could go on.
He's a promising player, will never be a bale but not many will. I think he'd be a nice foil for lamela on the otherside.

Just to clarify my standpoint, I'm not arguing that he's the 2nd coming of bale or anything, just that the stick he gets is completely OTT, calling him **** for example, is simply not true.

He's Been good, and pretty consistent. Has made a number of dangerous crosses that have not been converted and he always commits defenders. The criticism that he gets is a bit much.

Siggurdsson has scored more, but often goes missing. I can't say Townsend goes missing, he is always trying to get involved and make things happen, with varying degrees of success though.

Mostly, I am baffled at the criticism of Townsend in a thread that bears zero relevance to him. He didn't play and wasn't even an option on the bench. This game taught me zero about Townsend.

He's Been good, and pretty consistent. Has made a number of dangerous crosses that have not been converted and he always commits defenders. The criticism that he gets is a bit much.

Siggurdsson has scored more, but often goes missing. I can't say Townsend goes missing, he is always trying to get involved and make things happen, with varying degrees of success though.

Mostly, I am baffled at the criticism of Townsend in a thread that bears zero relevance to him. He didn't play and wasn't even an option on the bench. This game taught me zero about Townsend.

Agree with this. Amazing how a thread on Sheriff has descended into a Lennon/Towsnend debate when neither player was involved.

Btw, at present, Townsend is more effective than Lennon :p

At the game yesterday

BYkh616IYAAKw1c.jpg

I just saw the highlights on ITV4 and the commentator said that the last game against Sheriff, away, was 'serenity itself' or something like that.

Surely they broke through on goal several times and we just about hung on due to some wayward finishing? That's what I remember anyway.

Happy with the win and delighted with Lamela's contribution. It is good to continue our winning run in the Cup matches but disappointed we failed to maintain our clean sheet. Thought we played well and should have won by a bigger margin. But we again couldn't make use of the many chances created. We really need to develop a killer instinct in front of goal.

Really delighted with Lamela's performance. At once Lamela showed us why we spend 30m on him. After being one of our best players against Hull in the League Cup, he has continued that fine performance here. Great to see him playing well and not being affected by the missed penalty against Hull. He scored a much needed goal which will boost his confidence. He also won us the penalty with his drilling skills and tricky run. Apart from that, he showed many moments of brilliance throughout the match which was encouraging to see. Credit to Defoe for becoming our record goal scorer in Europe. It was a well-taken penalty by him. After being a lousy penalty taker in the past, Defoe has now scored 2 good penalties which shows he has been practising penalties.

Nice to see Capoue returning after injury problems. It will give us more options in midfield. But Boom shaka laka more creativity from midfield. For all his work rate and dribbling skills, Dembele just didn't help our attacks much. Paulinho showed much better attacking instinct when he came on but he too should have done better with the chances that came his way. Was very disappointed with Eriksen again. He looked very poor throughout the match and almost gifted Sheriff with 1 or 2 goal scoring chances with lousy passes. Really disappointing Eriksen continues to struggle despite coming with a much bigger reputation than Lamela.

Very disappointed with the defence for conceding the goal. Being at home, we shouldn't have conceded to a team like Sheriff. But I guess when Friedel is in goal, there is more chance for us to concede goals as he is getting slower due to his age. He should have done better with the goal as he was too slow to get to the ball after saving the initial shot. Nice to see Kaboul returning to defence but he looked shaky at times. Still not convinced of Naughton as he again made many mistakes.

We have now qualified to the next round but hope we won't throw away the next 2 remaining matches by fielding youngsters. We have enough depth in our main squad to play strong teams in those 2 matches.

Back