• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR Vs NORWICH CITY OMT THREAD****

Just back home from the game, absolutely gutted to witness such an abject performance by us. No heart, no passion, got what we deserved which was nothing.

Very sad to see Ledley play so badly, ever since the City game he has looked like a pale shadow of his former self and maybe it's time for him to quite playing.

Saha was totally anonymous again, what happened to the player who helped tear Saudi Sportswashing Machine apart?

Really missed Parker and Gallas' leadership qualities today.

Anyone noticed Kaboul kicking out at a Norwich player after a corner today?

I think it was in the 34th minute or so

If Ivanovic gets a 3 match ban for his actions against Wigan, Younes should too

Anyone noticed Kaboul kicking out at a Norwich player after a corner today?

I think it was in the 34th minute or so

If Ivanovic gets a 3 match ban for his actions against Wigan, Younes should too

Honestly my river was so bad Friedel could have spent corners punching players in the face and i still wouldn't have seen it.

Just back home from the game, absolutely gutted to witness such an abject performance by us. No heart, no passion, got what we deserved which was nothing.

Very sad to see Ledley play so badly, ever since the City game he has looked like a pale shadow of his former self and maybe it's time for him to quite playing.

Saha was totally anonymous again, what happened to the player who helped tear Saudi Sportswashing Machine apart?

Really missed Parker and Gallas' leadership qualities today.

Would agree with you, i have seen two of the worst performances all season over the last two games. I can not understand why so many good players can look so poor, there was nothing to even point to us getting a result and the lack of effort was patetic. I felt like crying to see King look completly out of his depth against a player like Holt ( who in all honesty is no more then a decent player) and he made King look like a novice, please Ledley do us and yourself a favour and retire.

I know there are many who worship Redknapp on here but he is being found out big time, his tactical naivety is showing more every game and he has not got a clue what to do next, his comments about 4-4-2 not working in todays game beggers belief seeing as he keeps going back to it.

Just could not believe that Ade and VDV were fit, but didnt start.

Not sure what Redknapp is doing, for sure....but f#ck me, the players are not exactly coating themselves in glory either. Sad times.

Deleting OMTs left right and center.

This is the second scandal involving you....didnt you force someone to start an OMT once....then took credit for the win?!!

I carry out the OMT Gods requests. Mods have a directline. You are a nobody. Run your mouth at your peril. They know everything.

Today is WAY more important. Its how football is. 3rd/4th is the new 2nd so to speak. Finishing 3rd not only would it be a massive achievement but would also go a long long way to getting the players we need to go for the title etc. It will also go a long way to keeping the players we have.

Finishing 3rd gives double the TV money from the Champion's League that 4th gives, it gives 775kish extra prize money from the Premier League placings and means you don't have a potentially tricky extra round before the Champion's League.

To the people that said we needed Gallas, he is short. His passing, work on the ground and stuff is great, but he's short. Norwich had the most headed goals in the league a couple of months ago when I last checked, their goals usually come from crosses or set pieces. They are a crossing side with good wing play. Harry started King and Kaboul because of this. He couldn't know King would have such a bad day. Norwich have big strikers and don't usually pass teams to death.

To the people that cheered 4-4-2, we were forced to go long for much of the game and that played into Norwich's hands. They have been used to that for ages and can defend against it, especially when we had Saha and Defoe up top.

People complaining about the formation and we should have stuck to our old one. Last match people were complaining about the formation and should go back to 442...

It's not the formation. It's the confidence, the belief. It's been drained and it should be harrys job to instil it.

The confidence and belief are indeed Harry's job. He's a motivator, not a master tactician. But the fact Harry is happy to play a 7-2-1 against a park the bus team and a 3-4-3 against a team that won't give us the ball to attack them all match is not a sign that formations don't matter at all, it's a sign that he turns up to a match unsure how it will play out until half time, by which time it is usually too late. (See Arsenal matches for this mindless optimism.) Team selection matters and Harry seems to only know extremes. He could have played the Sunderland formation with Kranj and Livermore instead of Sandro and Parker and the entire team dynamic changes (I'm not saying he should have). In a match against a team trying to outplay us, trying to press, trying to win in an open match, Harry put out Livermore and Modric with Defoe and Saha ahead of them, that's extremely light on the defensive side, but against Sunderland he was insanely heavy on defensive play. The away match was against a team parking the bus, we had insane possession. The home game was against a side really going for it, we had meh possession. It's not as simple as playing one way in home games and one way in away games. Know the team you play against, know their tactics, know our own team.

I totally agree with you about confidence and belief being important. If tactics were everything then AVB would have taken our league by storm, but Harry seems to always overcompensate for previous mistakes in totally different matches. (For example, Defoe should have played more than 8 minutes against Sunderland, so today he started with Saha.)

To the people mentioning the Norwich game at Old Trafford, that's exactly why some people wanted a solid setup with a good strong team. We should win our home games, especially those against 2nd half teams (which they were when we kicked off). If Harry had seen a DVD or it, maybe he'd have prepared for a team that try to win in an open attacking style. I know he knows about the way they score, but why does he always assume we'll control the midfield regardless of our team? If we'd have set up 4-4-1-1 we'd have been able to outnumber their midfield and we'd have had a tactical advantage. It is so disappointing to see BAE look for about 5 seconds for someone to pass to before having to play it long because our CMs weren't free. You can tell when he's looking for people to pass short. As for our defending, we got into a slugging match with Norwich, their defending looked suicidal for the first 5 minutes because they were trying to attack so much, our defending turned out to be really bad and later in the match, passing quickly to avoid pressing ended up being the only way we created chances.

We should be able to control a game more than Man United, even at Old Trafford. That's what we do. Man United score more goals and stuff, but possession and passing are our things. So with preparation (especially at Man United had no way of knowing that was coming), we could have done so much better.

The formation isn't at fault. It's the team selection he fudged up on. He went squad rotation mad and left us unbalanced. Livermore should not have started. Ade or VDV needed to have started alongside Saha OR Defoe.

The team selection is the reason the formation failed hard. With a 4-4-2 without Livermore and with Ade or VDV starting (it has to be Ade, VDV doesn't play in a 4-4-2 except on the wing, which would have been madness), he'd have started alongside Defoe instead of Saha (best case scenario, Saha was bad today and Defoe scored (from a Livermore assist though), that's still not great. With Sandro instead of Livermore we'd be a bit more solid, but we wouldn't have had a tactical advantage.

If we allow squad rotation and switch up the formation, we could play a 4-3-3 with a Livermore, Modric, Kranj triangle in midfield for extreme rotation (think Emirates Marketing Project triangle, Modric and Livermore deep with Kranj at a point a little bit ahead of that) then Lennon and Bale as wingers with Ade in the middle (Just like Modric, I won't rotate Ade without a good reason)... Because Norwich use wingers it means our wingers would have to track back (although because of the deep 2 being in a triangle we would have our deepest, most defensive CMs in a position to help our full backs out too.) Kranj at the point of the triangle helps Modric and Livermore get the ball forwards and Livermore is more than capable of passing the ball in an attempt to imitate Hudds, so going forward we'd be fine. Norwich are weak attacking through the middle, so Kranj wouldn't have to do much defending either.

Now that's an extreme example, but even simply playing our best 11 in a 4-4-1-1 with a like for like Sandro for Parker change would have given us a tactical advantage. That's not even hard. What Harry did was rotate and fudge with our formation, he ended up playing the same formation as Norwich. Norwich got their pressing right, their tactics right and we ended up having to play long balls and not being able to defend for brick. Harry did what he always does, he just expects us to be better without giving our players a helping hand tactically. By the time it got to the 44th minute and Kaboul went off, he couldn't change everything to what he should have started with.

Harry is worth 15 mil if he goes to England, don't sack him now, we can't get a manager in for 6 games and even if we could, it's not worth 15 mil to sack Harry with so little left.

People are still saying stuff about Parker. He was injured today. He wasn't useful against Sunderland because we had Sandro and Sunderland had no intention of attacking, with 80% possession, we didn't have to win the ball back or charge shots down. We played a 4-5-1 with 2 DMs and a deep playmaker against a team parking the bus. We could have played 1 CB and Parker or Sandro and we'd still have had enough defensively to restrict them to a couple of set pieces. Today we played 4-4-2 against a team that made us have 25% less possession than the Sunderland game, they attacked, we had no Sandro, we had 1 less man in midfield, we had 2 strikers up front instead of 1 and the entire match was different. Norwich didn't try to defend like Sunderland, we had tons of chances.

Parker is not Xavi, At Sunderland, we needed to break them down, not tackle. Today, we needed someone to balance the 4-4-2 and protect the defence. It always depends who and what you're playing against. In most matches, I'd take Parker as the only pure destroyer, but naming the same 11 regardless of whether you're against Stoke or Barca is careless. Parker for example is short, so against Stoke you might want to consider Sandro, if only for some extra height if you don't have height elsewhere. Stoke have the lowest possession in the league and attack via set pieces and long balls. If you're playing Barca and want to press, Parker is your guy, he's like a terrier. He will chase until he has a heart attack. Against most teams at home, Parker would play, we're all ok with that. With Hudds injured, the only real competition is Sandro and he didn't play today.

However, if we played Livermore, Parker, Sandro, Modric, Hudds and any other deep CMs we had around, we wouldn't have a balanced team if we played with 4 at the back. In that kind of situation, people might not appreciate Parker's excellent defensive qualities because our attack would be nonexistant. If we were losing a game with a few minutes to go, Parker would be a candidate for being switched for a more attacking player because that's not his game.

Every single type of player in the world is extremely useful sometimes and less useful at other times. No one said anything negative about Parker's defensive abilities after the Sunderland game, he didn't have a whole lot to do on that score anyway. (Although he did cover for Sandro when Sandro nearly lost it.) People were frustrated with an extremely defensive Spurs team put out to break down a team parking the bus. Instead of saying "Harry, why did you put out this team", some people were frustrated with Parker's inability to pass like Modric or VDV, most people here appreciate everything Parker brings to our team.

Unless I've misunderstood all these Parker posts and you all are trying to say "Parker moves all the time and is always an easy pass, he wants the ball", I fail to see how the Sunderland game was anything like today's game, aside from the fact that we dropped points.

We're level on points with Saudi Sportswashing Machine, if Harry pulls that "you've never had it better", I think I'll be sick. It's not like he broke into the Sky 4 in their prime, the worst Arsenal team under Wenger, the worst Chelsea since before Abramavic (Ranieri's was better than this) and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are not epic teams. Emirates Marketing Project weren't there before and Man United are Man United, but Fat Sam's Bolton, MON's Villa and the Everton of a few years ago would all have finished higher than us this year. When Lasanagate happened, we were competiting with an Arsenal team that had Henry and co, Harry has put together a good squad with a good brand of football, but since the Arsenal match the results haven't reflected that at all. A Saudi Sportswashing Machine team in its second season (I think) is on level points with us. There is no way "you've never had it this good" can even begin to explain any of this.

Thank you for the BBC link. He's had people telling him to play 4-4-2? He's been reading GG?

Harry is worth 15 mil if he goes to England, don't sack him now, we can't get a manager in for 6 games and even if we could, it's not worth 15 mil to sack Harry with so little left.

Thank you for the BBC link. He's had people telling him to play 4-4-2? He's been reading GG?

Very much agree with most of what I could read of that. The second sentence is a stackable offence in my book. Because it says:

1) I am brick tactically I have to rely on others advice.
2) I can't act on what is obvious, in front of my eyes.
3) He doesn't have his own clear vision

But at least he's honest, where others would lie.

Most worryingly though, why didn't he change the formation so we had more in midfield? During the first half would have been good. Then at half time he made a change, but only to swap attackers. Yes Ade can come deep and collect the ball, but it didn't work at all.

We started the game so poorly, no urgency, just expected to turn up and win. Modric was the most uninterested i've seen him, Bale only interested when he had the ball. Terrible disjointed performance and lacking any shape.

Harsh! He's improved a lot over the season and is showing a lot of promise and has put in some very good performances.

Anyone who are saying that players like Walker, Ekotto, Bale or Modric who all played 90 minutes against Sunderland and another 90 today are lazy just because some of them ran out of steam today are asking a lot.

Both full backs push up (under orders) the CB`s play wide to cover them then one CM (normally Parker) drops in to cover the middle, Livermore or Modric did not do that today, Nelsen gonad*ed Walker twice for not tracking back, tiredness may of been a problem, if so why did`nt Gobnap tell Ekotto and Walker to stay deeper as we were playing two genuine wide men, it was a total fudge up, its not losing that annoys me its the total lack of balance, Redknap just seems clueless, the players have saved his hide so many times in the past.

Back