1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Jordinho, 12 Feb 2013.

1. DubSpur

DubSpur Tim Sherwood

Logistics are mostly the same, get crowds in and out safely and supply food and drink etc. Only difference is the supports the teams require and there's different dressing rooms on opposite sides for the different codes. Both can be made ready at the same time. A bit more crap on the sides of the pitch for NFL as well, isn't a big deal to add/remove. Definitely no prob doing it a day apart.

Either way I wouldn't make my plans based on the days that the NFL games have been announced for and wait for confirmation.

2. milo

milo Jack L. Jones

The logistics are massively different. The High Road has been closed for NFL games with entertainment and stuff going on all around the ground. The club shop is completely changed to sell NFL merch, Just restocking the food and drink within the stadium would be tough and that's before you get to disruption to residents and policing requirements.

3. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Jack L. Jones

They talk about it when you do the skywalk and stadium tour
    They reckon the turnaround to NFL is 4 hours all in
    That included changing the shop as they wheel it all in (the guys words not mine)
    High road area is closed for match days too don’t forget

4. milo

milo Jack L. Jones

Not saying that it can't be done but it is not without serious complications and I think that there is zero chance of it being done next season

5. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Jack L. Jones

I think we will never do it
    No need too and the potential for issues is huge

6. billyiddo

billyiddo Garth Crooks Staff Member

I could see it happening in preseason maybe as an exhibition event to show off the stadium

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  7. ShipOfTheseus

ShipOfTheseus Roman Pavlyuchenko

That’s a nice use of NWHL, didn’t know they did that.

I have been checking Haringey’s results with great excitement in the hope that my Tory nephew loses his deposit.

Robbo, FolkestoneSpur, MKSpur and 3 others like this.
  8. Jordinho

Jordinho John Cameron Staff Member

9. JerusalemMan

JerusalemMan John Lacy

Got to go on a tour and the Skywalk on Wednesday.
    Even though I'd obsessively watched it being built from afar and read so much about it....simply being there was amazing. I wandered around with a dumb smile on my face.
    I was just proud that my club is represented by such a magnificent building. A construction befitting the institution.

Standing above the pitch in front of the badger, sitting in Conte's chair, walking along the touchline, the dressing rooms, the ever-present quality. I loved it all.

Saw Michael Dawson taking some folks on a tour as well.

10. Denmark Spur

Denmark Spur Vedran Corluka

11. FolkestoneSpur

FolkestoneSpur William Gallas

“I’ll give you a crazy stat when we talk to brands about the venue,” Kline begins. “If you take all the content that we host – obviously football, NFL, boxing, concerts, rugby – 78 per cent of the world’s population is interested in an event that will be at that stadium. That’s over five billion people. That’s really compelling

Compelling indeed! Wow!

Gazza Dazzla and mephitis like this.
  12. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Chris Armstrong

To me that reads like "All of the world's population breath oxygen, and through rigorous planning we made absolutely certain that we'd have that very same oxygen in the stadium."

Appreciate the guy only came in one year ago so it's not entirely on him but three years and counting of no stadium sponsor and running. If things go well tomorrow it'd be a good time to get it sorted for next season, of course finding the "right" (least jarring / ethically questionable) deal is important but it'll be interesting to see how long we are willing to wait.

All very well saying they're actively monitoring fan forums and podcasts for opinion but I imagine the popular vote would be to have just carrier on the White Hart Lane name. Whichever slimy sponsor that eventually gets involved probably knows it'll be colloquially known as NWHL whatever happens - Can't see folks saying "Are you going to the match at the Amazon / Big Whopper deluxe stadium next week?"

The pre season package sounds interesting though, assuming it works on a firestick and is reasonable price wise I'll be down for that, especially after a summer of no major international tournaments..

metalgear and FolkestoneSpur like this.
  13. FolkestoneSpur

FolkestoneSpur William Gallas

I get your point on "oxygen" but at the same time most stadia aren't fully multi purpose and that does give Spurs an advantage in securing a very good sponsorship deal.

The "3 years and counting" is maybe a little unfair, nothing was ever going to happen until people knew how the pandemic was going to play out.

100% if we get Champions league football you would think if there really were interested parties they'd be chomping at the bit to be in place for next season.

Yes colloquially it will always be WHL but how many fans would turn down the big money if invested in the squad?

spurspinter1 likes this.
  14. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Les Howe

15. metalgear

metalgear Ian Walker

Rewarding for him I'm sure.
    He should be in Asia where the big money and unicorns are seeking global brand awareness.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk