• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Fans: Worst in the League?

I think the performance on the pitch was an embarrassment. I have always said this its a two way street fans need to help players but players need to give the fans something to shout about. There was not one shot till Dempseys I think in the 75th minute.

Sorry but you can slate fans all you like but they pay a lot of money surely the players HAVE to give something in return.

ps - the fans werent too bad today actually.

We should be and in the past were better. However the more you travel away,the more you see that our home support is not terrible.

I think the performance on the pitch was an embarrassment. I have always said this its a two way street fans need to help players but players need to give the fans something to shout about. There was not one shot till Dempseys I think in the 75th minute.

Sorry but you can slate fans all you like but they pay a lot of money surely the players HAVE to give something in return.

ps - the fans werent too bad today actually.

I was sitting literally right next to the Saints fans, which might have biased my perception. Seemed awful though.

And the players have given something - we're challenging for 4th in the league for the fourth season in a row. Every game I've been to at the Lane this season, the atmosphere had been woeful.

What was especially interesting to me is that the atmosphere picked up after 75-80 minutes or so.

Sure enough the performance, and the goal, soon followed.

DHSF - I know that many fans see it as a two way street. But the atmosphere would be so much better (and the performances, no doubt) if the fans sang regardless of the performance. That's what noisy fans in other countries do. That's what the 1882 group is all about.

Quite apart from anything else, adopting that attitude can make every game an entertaining experience even if the team fails to deliver the desired performance or result.

I was sitting literally right next to the Saints fans, which might have biased my perception. Seemed awful though.

And the players have given something - we're challenging for 4th in the league for the fourth season in a row. Every game I've been to at the Lane this season, the atmosphere had been woeful.

I just think some of the performances are so boring that it impacts on the fans without fans realising.

I am a fan who goes but actually gets bored by the experience now - same songs, same people, same performances But I love watching spurs. I actually as a fan am bored of football but love spurs - doesnt make sense I know.

The fans werent that bad in all honesty, away fans will always seem better as theyre more concentrated and because youre close to them they will be louder no doubt.

I don't know about all Tottenham fans.
Most people I rub shoulders with at the ground seem alright.

But we do have too big a number negative idiots. I cannot describe them any other way, idiots. I do not see the logic in paying £40/£50/£60/£70/£80 just to moan. You can go to confession at my local church and do that for free.

During the Everton game there were a few guys around me loudly "discussing" Spurs games and players and formations between them and not even watching the game. It felt to me that they were more interested in letting others know about their clever opinions than actually watching the game and cheering the side on.

What was especially interesting to me is that the atmosphere picked up after 75-80 minutes or so.

Sure enough the performance, and the goal, soon followed.

DHSF - I know that many fans see it as a two way street. But the atmosphere would be so much better (and the performances, no doubt) if the fans sang regardless of the performance. That's what noisy fans in other countries do. That's what the 1882 group is all about.

Quite apart from anything else, adopting that attitude can make every game an entertaining experience even if the team fails to deliver the desired performance or result.

THIS!!!
Agreed 100%...over the years I've had some amazing moments in the darkness, some awful yet gallows humour days out...

During the Everton game there were a few guys around me loudly "discussing" Spurs games and players and formations between them and not even watching the game. It felt to me that they were more interested in letting others know about their clever opinions than actually watching the game and cheering the side on.

There's a lot of that...

:lol: This debate again.

It wont happen, but I'd love to see something radical like a 10-20,000 clear out and just let a whole new audience in.
Only for 3-5 games, just to see/hear the difference. Then let all the disjoinrted moody's back in, haha.

Last edited:
Our away fans are amazing, our home fans are now prawn sandwich fans.

Fans on the forums ? I'd say only liverpool are worse, and not by much.

You could here our fans quite clearly on the tv, something you don't get with a lot of clubs. On forums, Pool/spam fans win for being idiots.

Globally, it's the clubs that the fans only whistle or boo (no songs) that drive me crazy.

Threads like this might make me vote that we have the biggest drama queens however.

No way, remember just a couple weeks ago vs. City a goal down? we have amazing support.

The players have to do something or other to get the fans going. I remember/can't a euro game a few years ago when an Italian team were getting whooped and they brought on a sub who started kicking every player in sight.
The crowd started baying and they went on to win. Or maybe they didn't. I think the player got sent off.

You could here our fans quite clearly on the tv, something you don't get with a lot of clubs. On forums, Pool/spam fans win for being idiots.

Globally, it's the clubs that the fans only whistle or boo (no songs) that drive me crazy.

Threads like this might make me vote that we have the biggest drama queens however.

Perhaps I got the wrong impression then because I was right next to the Saints fans. But are you sure it wasn't the Saints fans you could hear?! ('Oh When the Saints', 'Come on You Reds', 'Bale, Bale, Bale' etc)

I actually as a fan am bored of football but love spurs - doesnt make sense I know.

i know what you mean, I love watching Spurs but dont watch half as much other football as I used to, think its overkill these days with far too much on

There's a sense of entitlement around Tottenham these days. Fans turn up expecting to win and the only noise they make is the groaning and booing when it doesn't go out way.

I honestly think the nerves of our situation don't help. Yesterday it felt like everyone was just biting the fingernails and just getting stressed with the importance of the occasion.
I'm sure for the Southampton fans.. a day out, relative safety knowing they should be staying up, plus it was 0 0 and they were playing alright meant they could relax and enjoy the occasion a bit more. It's kind've how we were a few years ago, however now we are up there competing and expecting to beat everyone at home there's always that nervous energy around until we really get on top or go ahead.

Back