• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely yes. Given our current striking options, the fact that people say no is unbelievable.

It's not just a pure comparison with our current options though.

If we're talking about breaking our transfer record and signing another player on wages similar to what Bale is on that potential transfer should also be compared to other players we can sign for similar amounts or cheaper.

It's not "Torres, Defoe or Ade?" It's, "if we can spend that kind of money do we go for Torres, Damiao, Benteke or Villa and so and and so on" Also, could we get someone cheaper, like Villa and have £10m left over to spend on a midfielder for example.

No, not at all.

At times he's been a real donkey, his pace has been declining since the last season at Liverpool and won't get any better. He needs to adapt his game and has struggled. For the price, the wages and the way he'll have to play in our team.. no.

Signs on a permanent deal for Milan, they immediately send him on loan till the end of next season to Atletico

WTF

I'm sure it's beneficial to Milan in some way, there will be some interesting player movements involving the 3 clubs in Jan I expect, might even be related to the Costa deal

Alessio Cerci will go the other way. Milan had an option to buy, and since a player can't go on loan to 2 different clubs in a year, and Atletico can't afford to buy him, Milan used their option and then loan him out again. He hasn't worked for them either, scoring just once.

If the guy doesn't find his scoring touch again back in Spain, he really needs to pack it up ...

**** me, what a fall from grace ...

I'm sure it's beneficial to Milan in some way, there will be some interesting player movements involving the 3 clubs in Jan I expect, might even be related to the Costa deal

Absolutely, they don't have to pay Torres' wages any more. The loan from Chelsea to Milan was just a way of getting the deal done quickly. Milan have obviously realised that he is not going to turn it around and have decided to cut their losses.

Concur - Milan took him on, really bought him but it was done on loan 2 years no recall and Torres' contract is up in two years.

I suppose it suited Chelsea as they could keep him on the books with Amortization, but probably needed to keep paying some money in wages. Milan found out that Torres is shot, wanted rid so got Chelsea to release him (Chelsea stop paying his wages) - probably had to pay the difference in wages to Torres let him go to Athleti. If anything I think it cost Milan a few million - all guess work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back