• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tim Sherwood Testimonial OMT Spurs v Aston Villa 11th April

The only way our old mate Tim won't be taking credit for something this weekend is if both teams somehow manage to lose the match.

So i am going for a Match Abandoned result due to Timmy throwing his gillet in the air, gets caught by the gust of our fans chanting "Tim, Tim, give us a wave....on your way back out" and wraps itself round the refs neck, who tumbles into Benteke, headbutting his gamey knee and giving Levy another out for next seasons striker recruitment.

---------------------Lloris-------------------------
Chiriches-----Dier-----------Vertonghen----Rose
-------------------Stambouli----------------------
------------Bentaleb------Eriksen-----------------
Lamela----------------------------------Townsend
---------------------Kane--------------------------

Mason needs a rest and I'm convinced we need a strong defensive presence in alongside Bentaleb atm.
I think we got some joy from Lamela and Eriksen combining in the middle vs Burnley and I'm convinced that we could again vs Villa.
Townsend on the left because i) Chadli has been brick recently ii) Andros only scores with his right foot so cutting in from that side should net him a hat trick.

If we do not solidify the midfield, I am convinced Sherwood will exploit our weaknesses at the back.
I think if there is any game where he will really work on some higher-level of tactics, it'll be this one.

Poch beware, because if we lose....

Tottenham-chairman-Daniel-012.jpg

If we do not solidify the midfield, I am convinced Sherwood will exploit our weaknesses at the back.
I think if there is any game where he will really work on some higher-level of tactics, it'll be this one.

Poch beware, because if we lose....

Tottenham-chairman-Daniel-012.jpg

"Sherwood…Higher level of tactics". Words you seldom see in the same sentence.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Paulinho start again. I'm sure Pochettino had his reasons for starting him against Burnley, and he's shown a propensity towards giving players at least a handful of games to prove themselves once he does give them a place in the starting line-up. Will be somewhat interesting, I've thought for some time that Paulinho was effectively done for us, but if he keeps getting starts now there might still be room for him even after the summer.

Personally I would start Lamela instead of Paulinho. Bring in Verts assuming he's well again, and consider starting Vlad at right back unless Walker is actually 100% fit and looking very good in training.

We should play guess the Sherwood soundbite before the game. I'll go for one of the following:

1) "Well look at his points tally, he aint done better than me so it just shows you how hard it is for English managers to get top jobs"
2) "Their fans will probably want to send me a thank you card; without Kane's goals they'd probably be lower than us in the table"
3) "I beat him twice last season; you can see the obviously weak spots and i'll be looking to do that again for a nice hat-trick"
And what one of those isn't a valid point?

And what one of those isn't a valid point?

"which"

2 is preposterous, Kane was named in first team squads by Redknapp, back when sherwood was still mowing the grass on the training ground

3 well yes, we do have obvious weak spots, quite a few of them, nothing like the number in that villa side though, or the obvious one juggling gilets on their bench, people in glass houses etc etc

Back