1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

The Right Back Thread

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Jordinho, 8 Jan 2020.

1. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

Alex Ferguson clearly had a thing for converting wingers into FBs. But @milo I'm not advocated Moura becomes a right-back (though he could). My point was, if we're to play a lopsided team with Davies staying back and Aurier free to get forward, I'd prefer someone who can hurt the opposition in that role. Moura could easily carry that off. He'd need to settle in the position. But he'd be fine, and more potent going forward.

2. Gazza

Gazza Michael Carrick

Harry kane could do a job in midfield for us much like Rudd Gullit did ...

While we are at it how about then playing alderweireld up front like the ginger pele ... both good in the air ...

I'm liking this thread, very logical and rational .... the world has no viable RBs out there to purchase so it makes sense to convert players for different positions... Mourinho knows a thing or two about defending, perfect Vertonghen replacement

Moby likes this.
  3. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Jimmy Neighbour

I read somewhere we were looking At Lille's right back Zeki Celik, probably just an other pile of crap, but I played with a Turkish team years ago and most of their players were skilful and aggressive just a bit flakey.

4. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Les Howe

If I wanted a solid, reliable 7,5/10 type right back, I'd go for the Norwegian at Olympiacos, Omar Elabdallaoui. He's a leader too, and captain of the team. He's pretty good going forward too. Would probably cost 15-20m.

Mosquito_Coasting likes this.
  5. AdamB

AdamB Erik Thorstvedt

I'm all for signing for players with leadership abilities. Might mean we dont buckle under pressure

6. billyiddo

billyiddo Garth Crooks Staff Member

Was it page 4 of The Right Back Thread?

ricky2tricky4city likes this.
  7. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Jimmy Neighbour

I may well have been, but my brain went into shutdown when I was reading Moura playing at full back, personally I would put him in goal.

8. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Rafael Van Der Vaart

Is Samedo for sale.?

He looks pretty good for Barca so far tonight.

9. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

They pretty much all are at Barcelona.

10. AdamB

AdamB Erik Thorstvedt

Is he another Aurier? Playing Rb in a team which doesnt need to defend in 90% of its games

11. AdamB

AdamB Erik Thorstvedt

Personally, I'd sell Aurier and KWP, and sign Castagne and then go with him and FOyth next season

However, given Foyth seems likely to go, either we need to bring in a CB and then use Tanganga as RB cover, or sign a second RB

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  12. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

Im convinced we will go with Spence at Middlesbrough.

13. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Rafael Van Der Vaart

No I saw him take a successful throw in and run back after someone.

14. Cochise

Cochise Steve Carr

I don't know if Foyth's stock has fallen that far. Aurier will be as you say, maybe we get someone to offer a bit more, but I don't think Foyth is so bad that he is only worth £10m.

15. harr1984

harr1984 Steffen Iversen

We signed Foyth for £8m. You can hardly say he’s got any better, and with Covid prices aren’t going to be at a premium. £10m is a fair price, that would be a profit on a guy who doesn’t feature regularly and when he does he has proven to be error prone....

16. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Micky Hazard

Not been linked with anyone has he?

17. Bedfordspurs

Foyth has become Argentina’s right back under us which in theory is progress
    Aurier hasn’t actually shown or delivered anything better
    Sounds daft as one has played and the other hasn’t but I’d expect a profit on Foyth and a moderate loss on Aurier

18. harr1984

harr1984 Steffen Iversen

People keep banging on about him playing RB for Argentina, what relevance is that for any club looking to buy him? Club football is completely different, and especially Premier League football which is faster than any other. I’m well aware you don’t like Aurier but he is far more proven, yes he’s made errors but has as many assists to his name. Facts are Foyth for all his potential, he has been here a good amount of time now and has made several errors already in his limited game time. He has two years left on his contract. If we get £10m that is profit on a guy who hasn’t progressed for us, and a decent chuck of money towards an area we need strengthening - what he is doing for Argentina is irrelevant.....

19. billyiddo

billyiddo Garth Crooks Staff Member

There are plenty of people in charge of the purse strings at PL clubs who over pay for players, the idea of a young international right back being sold in the 10-15m price bracket isn't really that outlandish.

Also buying a player from South America and buying a player from a Premier League club are different exchanges where the first deals value is not really much of a reference point/consideration

Bedfordspurs and milo like this.
  20. Bedfordspurs

It really isn’t
    First choice for a top country side commands a premium. Clubs look at that as they know things can happen at club level to the contrary. He is also young enough to get better
    Auriers level of proven is actually still very low. What prospective buyers will see is a player with arguably no more progression left in him and one who doesn’t really defend very well. Add in his off the field issues hence why his value will be less than we paid
    I’m not saying we will get more for Foyth Vs Aurier but we paid what £23m for Aurier so anything less is a loss, all be it after a number of years service