• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** The Official 'How do you stop Emirates Marketing Project?!?!' OMT ***

Went round a mates to watch the game, laptop crashed after Aguero scored and kept crashing everytime I went to put it back on so missed it after that, quite glad tbh.

Never again shall such a bad OMT be attempted. The OMT gods struck us with vengeance, anger and unforgiving wrath.

Dawson onside by a mile and a half...

BfLL_57IQAAobjq.jpg

I disagree. Lennon is a consistently excellent player and his work rate is phenomenal.

I agree that he was poor last night but I thought our whole right side was quiet. I'd be really interested in seeing the game again and paying a bit more attention to why this was (I am a bit guilty of ball watching which means I saw very little of our right last night).

Has Lennon really improved that much over the years? He still doesn't get more than about 4 goals a season and he never seems to be able to play more than 8 or 9 games in a row without getting injured. He doesn't just miss one game either, when he's injured he makes sure he misses 4 weeks or more.

Lennon is a level below the top row. He still has blistering pace and can get in some great positions, but as with his miss vs UTD he isn't clinical enough. He always has one great game followed by a good one and then is average for a while. I agree that his defensive work is great, but I'd also be inclined to say his offensive game is still weak

Yup, Lennon is a talented player who invariably puts in an honest shift but (like Defoe, Dawson, Dembele) is not consistent enough to be considered world class. Whilst City can afford the likes of Navas, Aguero, Kompany and Yaya who are simply superior footballers.

SeasonStarts (sub)GoalsAssistsShots (on Target)
2005/0621 (6)2314 (7)
2006/0722 (4)3821 (14)
2007/0825 (5)2524 (16)
2008/0926 (9)5446 (21)
2009/1020 (2)3925 (13)
2010/1125 (9)3226 (7)
2011/1219 (4)3518 (5)
2012/1333 (1)3729 (8)
2013/1413 (1)1111 (5)

This is the most disappointing and embarassing defeat of the season. Never thought we would get humiliated by the same team twice in one season. It is like watching the Spurs of about 10 or so years ago when we used to get hammered by big teams all the time. After losing 6-0 at ManCity, thought the team will be fired up to get revenge for that. Instead we couldn't lift our game and went down tamely again. The fact Rose got red carded is not a good reason to get humiliated again. In fact, we could have still lost badly even with Rose as we were very poor.

It is annoying to see Sherwood calling ManCity "the best team in the world" now. If so, he should have given them enough respect by concentrating more on defense than attack. We should have started with a defensive midfielder like Capoue and not started the inexperienced Bentaleb. Credit to Capoue for scoring his first goal for us. But don't think we looked like scoring apart from that. Adebayor was very poor and didn't contribute much to us.

The main reason for this humiliating defeat was we lost the midfield battle. Our midfield were too attack minded and there was no one who could win the ball for us. Bentaleb should not have played as he lacks experience to play against big teams. Dembele and Capoue would have done better in centre midfield. Instead Capoue came in for Dembele. Not sure why Sigurdsson started despite being poor in recent matches.

I think this match proves how poor our defence is now. We badly lack an experienced defender like Vertonghen. Dawson and Chiriches made too many mistakes as always. Credit to Lloris for making many crucial saves but thought he could have done better for their first goal. Lloris came out too far which enabled Aguero to beat him easily from that angle. Was really annoyed with our defending for their third goal as all the players were ball-watching instead of trying to tackle.

This was the first real test in the league for Sherwood and he has lost badly. It is clear he needs more experience to become a good manager and coach.

Just wondering, when Capoue scored our only goal, a Emirates Marketing Project player tried to stop it by his hand, even if it still went in. Shouldn't the Emirates Marketing Project player get a yellow or even a red card for handling ? I have seen players getting red carded for handling the ball in the middle of the field. So why didn't the Emirates Marketing Project player got carded ? I think it would have been better for us if the ref had awarded us the penalty instead of the goal and the Emirates Marketing Project player got red carded.

Just wondering, when Capoue scored our only goal, a Emirates Marketing Project player tried to stop it by his hand, even if it still went in. Shouldn't the Emirates Marketing Project player get a yellow or even a red card for handling ? I have seen players getting red carded for handling the ball in the middle of the field. So why didn't the Emirates Marketing Project player got carded ? I think it would have been better for us if the ref had awarded us the penalty instead of the goal and the Emirates Marketing Project player got red carded.

I agree, if you commit a bad foul and the ref plays advantage you still get booked when the ball is dead, it shouldn't matter whether the ball went in or not, he intentionally handled on the line, should have been a red card

This is the most disappointing and embarassing defeat of the season. Never thought we would get humiliated by the same team twice in one season. It is like watching the Spurs of about 10 or so years ago when we used to get hammered by big teams all the time. After losing 6-0 at ManCity, thought the team will be fired up to get revenge for that. Instead we couldn't lift our game and went down tamely again. The fact Rose got red carded is not a good reason to get humiliated again. In fact, we could have still lost badly even with Rose as we were very poor.

It is annoying to see Sherwood calling ManCity "the best team in the world" now. If so, he should have given them enough respect by concentrating more on defense than attack. We should have started with a defensive midfielder like Capoue and not started the inexperienced Bentaleb. Credit to Capoue for scoring his first goal for us. But don't think we looked like scoring apart from that. Adebayor was very poor and didn't contribute much to us.

The main reason for this humiliating defeat was we lost the midfield battle. Our midfield were too attack minded and there was no one who could win the ball for us. Bentaleb should not have played as he lacks experience to play against big teams. Dembele and Capoue would have done better in centre midfield. Instead Capoue came in for Dembele. Not sure why Sigurdsson started despite being poor in recent matches.

I think this match proves how poor our defence is now. We badly lack an experienced defender like Vertonghen. Dawson and Chiriches made too many mistakes as always. Credit to Lloris for making many crucial saves but thought he could have done better for their first goal. Lloris came out too far which enabled Aguero to beat him easily from that angle. Was really annoyed with our defending for their third goal as all the players were ball-watching instead of trying to tackle.

This was the first real test in the league for Sherwood and he has lost badly. It is clear he needs more experience to become a good manager and coach.

You consider losing 1-5 to the best team in the league (when Sandro, Vertonghen, Townsend and Paulinho were all unable to play due to injuries plus we had a player unjustly sent off) more embarrassing than losing 0-3 to the third worst team in the league :-s

BBC Sport - Tottenham 0-3 West Ham
...West Ham earned a vital win against Tottenham to climb out of the Premier League's bottom three...

...West Ham's first away win in nine Premier League games was their first at White Hart Lane since 1999...

You consider losing 1-5 to the best team in the league (when Sandro, Vertonghen, Townsend and Paulinho were all unable to play due to injuries plus we had a player unjustly sent off) more embarrassing than losing 0-3 to the third worst team in the league :-s

BBC Sport - Tottenham 0-3 West Ham

The West Ham and Liverpool defeat came somewhat unexpected as we didn't know what they would bring. But were were fully aware of what Emirates Marketing Project would do after getting humiliated 6-0 earlier in the season. But we still went down tamely and got hammered again which is what disappoint me. You would rarely see a big team getting humiliated by another big team twice in the same season. The reason is they would always respond to their first defeat but we didn't at all. Now, you have to question the mental strength of this current team when playing against the big teams.

Back