1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by Midfield Maestro, 17 Jan 2012.

1. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

1 judge gave it to Taylor by 3 rounds !!!

Yiddo likes this.
  2. Yiddo

Yiddo Johnny Morrison

That was the worst thing, as soon as they said it was a split decision i knew the lad was going to get screwed over.

3. P.D.

P.D. Vedran Corluka

Just been reading about it, boxing does itself no favours with this type of thing. Continually happens in big fights.

4. Bullet

Bullet Steffen Freund

They should use VAR to assess the punches as the rounds go on, and award the victor about 5 minutes after the fight, rather than get it completely wrong.

5. markysimmo

Whyte getting paid $8m and doesn't go to the 1st presser today
    What a dosser

6. Dicko

Dicko Jonathan Woodgate

Fury said Whytes last fight was 250k or something. Getting 32x his best pay day for this one

7. markysimmo

His reason for not turning up today
    He didn't like the private jet they got for him
    Prick

8. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Chris Armstrong

Wow! Using the same insult that Fury likes to use!!!! So original and you’re evidently not being played at all.

If Dillian is not getting paid specially for attending the press conference then why should bother attending? Whyte’s got a fight to prepare for, so if he gets paid the same either way than he should rightly continue preparing for the fight as he sees fit. GHod forbid the tedium of the actual fight gets in the way of the cliched posturing for the camera.

I do like Fury and have read his autobiography with vested interest as a sufferer of similar mental health conditions. His record is indisputable. But Tyson looked lost by himself at the presser no matter how he dressed it up, if anything it makes for a more interesting fight no matter how Warren may describe it up (I guess his supposed ire is part of the hype machine so is a win either way for him).

Yiddo and DTA like this.
  9. markysimmo

UFC London on now
    Looking forward to watching Paddy the Baddie, he is a helmet but makes me laugh a lot, he has huge character

10. Yiddo

Yiddo Johnny Morrison

He is doing it all on purpose because he is not getting paid for the promotion side of things. Without him the fight doesn’t happen and the money is not there to be made. Why promote the fight for the other side to make all of the money? Good move from him in all honesty.

Gazza Dazzla, DTA and paxtonwolf like this.
  11. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Rafael Van Der Vaart

This is funny....Whytes lawyer appears to not grasp some aspects of er .............well, law.

12. spurspinter1

This conversation sums up so much of what’s wrong with boxing, sounds like an argument between teenagers being adjudicated by toddlers.

Them having it out in public like this starts make me doubt whether the fight will actually happen. Maybe it’s a very meta publicity stunt, not like it’s news that lawyers and promoters can be clams.

ricky2tricky4city likes this.
  13. markysimmo

Warrington fight was decent last night

ricky2tricky4city likes this.
  14. markysimmo

upload_2022-4-6_9-28-0.png

P.D. likes this.
  15. markysimmo

Ricky Hatton will return to the ring at the age of 43 for an exhibition bout with Marco Antonio Barrera.

Britain's former two-weight world champion will take on Mexico's Barrera, 48, over eight rounds on 2 July in Manchester.

Hatton retired in 2012, while Barrera, who was beaten by Amir Khan in 2009, last fought in 2011.

"I can confirm my return to the ring," said Hatton. "It's not how you fall, it's how you rise..."

Hatton was knocked out by Ukraine's Vyacheslav Senchenko in his final fight before retirement.

He first said he had retired in 2009 after a knockout defeat by Manny Pacquiao.

Hatton ended his career with 45 wins and three losses.

16. markysimmo

I watched the Fury presser yesterday, was very respectful between the two excellent fighters
    and then Fury's bell-end of a Dad and Whyte's brother tried to kick off with each other, was ridiculous as you had the 2 fighters trying to calm things down

Bedfordspurs and spurspinter1 like this.
  17. spurspinter1

Not all that often we agree on things but with you 100%, even Tyson seemed embarrassed by his Dad.

I’m not a boxing expert by any stretch so don’t know all the up and comers, but for a fight of this magnitude the undercard looks rather disappointing.

Should be a fantastic fight though, can’t wait!

18. markysimmo

All of his mates really
    Tommy Fury I do think has a good future in boxing though the others are his hangers on who box

19. Dicko

Dicko Jonathan Woodgate

Seems like they spent all the money trying to win the rights to the main event and have nothing left for a good undercard.

20. spurspinter1

It’ll be interesting to see if Fury does go southpaw to negate Whyte’s left hook.

Sounds like an awesome atmosphere, would fudging love to be there..I wonder if Joshua is sat somewhere watching this thinking it should’ve been him.