1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by Midfield Maestro, 17 Jan 2012.

1. superspurs

superspurs Clint Dempsey

Will be a nice bit of needle for that one too, I like it.

Don't particularly like Whyte but he's been waiting for his title match for a long time now, should be half decent.

AJ (or Hearn, probably more accurate) want the Fury fight for one reason and one reason only, if it's for the Undisputed title it's potentially the biggest HW fight ever. Imagine how much the Saudi's will offer for that...

2. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

It was $100m each !!!

3. DTA

DTA Mido

Joshua Vs Fury still has value now, not the 100m each value but still will be their biggest ever pay day.

If Joshua loses the rematch (quite likely) or Fury loses to Whyte (less likely, but don’t underestimate whyte especially if he gets through a very tough fighter in his next fight)

then the demand for the Joshua V Fury fight will all but disappear.

belts are great and everything, but fury and Joshua will likely make close to 40- 50m each if they fought each other next, they probably make half of that at most if they fought Whyte and Uszec (spelling)

So barring that in mind, what’s the likelihood of Joshua deactivating his rematch clause and Fury dumping his belt.

Last edited: 11 Oct 2021
  4. DTA

DTA Mido

I don’t like Wilder I never have, thought he was massively overrated and would come unstuck against good opposition which he was protected from for almost all his career.

I think he was a dingdong for the excuses for the last fight and classless after this one.

… but he fought much harder than I thought he would in this one, and is actually much tougher than I gave him credit for.

5. markysimmo

Zero chance I feel, more so from Fury as he will want to prove he is the absolute best by holding all the belts

6. DTA

DTA Mido

It’s a lot of money to turn down though bruv. Legacy is great, but so is £25,000,000+ extra

And arguably an easy fight for fury than Usyk or Whyte would be.

7. markysimmo

Everybody loves the cash I agree but how many boxers have had the chance to be undisputed heavyweight champion of the worrrrrrrrrrrllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

8. DTA

DTA Mido

very true. He could have both though. The winner of any Joshua Fury fight would get a crack at Whyte or Usyk next. The money would be better for all concerned that way round as well.

9. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Mel Hopkins

Agreed
    And fury just doesn’t stay down although the count was slow IMO

10. Dicko

Dicko Clint Dempsey

What happens if Whyte lose to Wallin? There's no way Fury would be motivated to fight him again is there?

11. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Frederic Kanoute

Gets to choose his opponent I believe, Whyte is number 1 ranked, Wallin isn't

12. Dicko

Dicko Clint Dempsey

Won't Wallin jump to no.1 if he gets past Whyte though?

13. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Christian Ziege

Fury has made it quite clear he doesn't care about the money 'adding more zeroes' to his bank account does nothing for him. He's set for life financially already. What he is not set for life for is happiness and he is very aware of that. Challenges that keep him engaged and his legacy are the important things to him.

I don't think he was particularly up for this fight. Wilder was already in the past from his POV. Legally he had to do it, the WBC belt means a lot to him.

markysimmo likes this.
  14. Grays_1890

Na I dont think it works like that, might be wrong

15. Dicko

Dicko Clint Dempsey

I agree he probably thought he was done with Wilder already but he still seemed up for it, Especially after Wilder was being such a dingdong in the build up. I just think he wasn't too well prepared due to all the personal stuff with his new baby being in intensive care etc and him having to train in a park next to the hospital etc. Didn't seem in ideal shape but to be honest he still had more than enough to get the job done

ricky2tricky4city likes this.
  16. Dicko

Dicko Clint Dempsey

Just realised that even if Whyte loses to Wallin he has a rematch clause anyway. Fingers crossed Whyte wins, Fury deals with him and stays active waiting for Usyk/Joshua

Grays_1890 likes this.
  17. Grays_1890

Seems Whyte didn't wanna risk the L regardless...

18. Dicko

Dicko Clint Dempsey

Yeah, I reckon someone got in his ear and told him Wallin couldn't do anything if they cancelled it.

Grays_1890 likes this.
  19. Grays_1890

Apparently so, Def gets his shot so they swerve this and straight into 3-5m quid

20. markysimmo