1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

*** The Official Boxing/UFC/MMA thread ***

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by Midfield Maestro, 17 Jan 2012.

1. Parklaner81

Parklaner81 Steve Hodge

It'll be interesting to see how they match Joshua going forward. I've said for a long time, Hearn wants no part of putting him in with Whyte. I can't imagine going back to America is much higher on his to-do list. I reckon they might go for a 3rd Ruiz fight - it has the story to do good business, while in reality being a pretty safe assignment for Joshua. In London (or Cardiff), of course...

All of which means it probably won't be very interesting afterall.

2. Jordinho

Jordinho Tony Marchi Staff Member

Safety first seemed very much the case tonight.

3. Parklaner81

Parklaner81 Steve Hodge

Yep, and I'm sure it'll stay that way. The only irony of course is that going the Ruiz (Miller) route in the first place seemed like the safety first option...

4. Sandman

Sandman Clint Dempsey

I think you are all underestimating Joshua. Its Wylder that has run from the fights they have tried to arrange. Joshua has the power to go with him and it seems he has now added an extra dimension to his boxing style, showing that he can stick and move and be light on his feet.

he did what he had to do tonight. He took away the one thing Ruiz had, and that is the ability to go close in and out punch a guy with hand speed. Ruiz was taught a lesson tonight and other boxers will use that against him. if he loses weight his ability to take a punch will diminish and he does not have the range or speed to out box someone.

You dont need to have that street fighter spirit. Lewis showed that you can be an amazing champion by out thinking and out boxing someone.

5. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Frederic Kanoute

Think Joshua is in a difficult place. He knows (as I'm sure Hearn did) that he is glassy and when caught his game falls apart. Bizzarely recovery from taking a punch can take 2or 3 whole rounds for Joshua.

That issue is in his own head now and he's dead scared of anything that may hurt him, and that limits him as a boxer. That was no 'masterclass' last night it was shear discipline in sticking to the road that takes you to victory. He can't skilkfully box anywhere near the level of Ortiz or Fury. So where does that leave him?

Wylder ....he'd have to do what he did last night. If you're scared of getting hit, you're gonna be petrified of Wylder. AJ would not get up like Fury did. Could he succeed, yes, as Wylder is an even worse boxer. (Terrible in fact) ....but has the bomb.

Fury....would school him at boxing. AJ would have to hunt him and revert to KO mode. Risky, as Fury will pick him apart and as we have seen can take a punch.

AJ has always had the power but the smiling thru it, when in a war, is not an option now he knows himself he can easily get banged out.

If you're dodgy at taking a punch you'd better be a great boxer and/or a warrior (like Benn), if not, your pretty much Bruno MK2.

6. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Christian Ziege

7. Parklaner81

Parklaner81 Steve Hodge

8. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Erik Thorstvedt

And Bruno mk2 with the lack of real quality around would be probably AJ

9. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

McGregor looks in good shape
    Anybody know what time tomorrow morning it will start, 4ish maybe as its in Vegas

10. superspurs

superspurs Teemu Tainio

Main card will start at 3am, main event probably 04:45 - 5am depending on the other 4 bouts.

11. NickTB

NickTB Steve Hodge

Well, that escalated quickly!

12. markysimmo

Brook tonight, always liked watching him fight, always wanted him to knock Khan's head off

Good card too !!

upload_2020-2-8_19-5-41.png

13. superspurs

superspurs Teemu Tainio

Wilder vs. Fury II is approaching fast, fighters are on the talk gonad*s press tours currently.

Wilder by KO or Fury UD? they seem to be the two options if you ask me...

14. markysimmo

Fury has said he has to knock Wilder out as he wont' get a points decision in the US

15. superspurs

superspurs Teemu Tainio

Probably true, that was the reason behind the trainer change apparently.

16. Parklaner81

Parklaner81 Steve Hodge

I think that's a huge ask to be honest. Fury is not noted as a concussive puncher, and Wilder seems reasonably durable - not the obvious ingredients for a Fury knock out.

Fury has kept proving me wrong so far (I picked both Klitschko and Wilder to beat him) and I hope he does it again, but I'm going with Wilder. I'm not sure everything is spot-on with Fury this time, what with the cut and the late-stage change of trainer. I don't know whether he's being serious or not about going for the knock out, but I'd imagine the odds are it would only hasten his downfall if he is.

Wilder by KO for me.

scaramanga likes this.
  17. ricky2tricky4city

Fury (AND HIS FATHER, VERY LOUDLY) keep saying its KO time BUT seriously whats the point?

Some of the pundits saying Wilder will up his game and you see a different level from him, seriously?

Wilder has limited skills, probably as he cant really be bothered to learn any when you have a sledgehammer of a right hand thats served you everytime.

And that leads back to Fury's plan, why open up and leave yourself open to a deadly hitter, when your alternative plan of boxing his ears off looks easy to execute 1.Because he is a great boxer and 2.Wilder is a brick boxer.

He'll get the decision if its obvious. If he didn't get floored at the end of the last bout hed have won? (although he should have won even with the knock down)

18. Parklaner81

Parklaner81 Steve Hodge

Yeah I'd agree that the talk of not being able to get a decision is bogus. Fury went out to Germany of all places with the express aim of winning a decision, so he doesn't seem the sort to be put off by such concerns.

I actually think Wilder was slightly overawed by the occasion last time though. He'll have gained confidence from the two wins he's had since (one of which was blasting out another highly skilled, if overconfident boxer). Can the same be said of Fury? I'm not so sure.

I can easily enough see it going either way, but I just lean to Wilder.

Last edited: 12 Feb 2020
  19. ricky2tricky4city

As in him clouting Fury and him not getting up this time?

20. Parklaner81

Parklaner81 Steve Hodge

Yeah I think Wilder by KO/stoppage is the most likely outcome. I hope I'm wrong though. & if Fury does win by KO, I'll never back against him again :D