• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Next 10 Years - Poll

The Next Ten Years - Your Choice

• Trophies

Votes: 47 67.1%
  • ECL Qualification

Votes: 23 32.9%

• Total voters
I want the premier league title and believe we can win it. But to win it, I feel we first have to break into the top four in successive seasons.

We need to finish above the Gooners. Hand out a few more beatings to the other big boys like we did to the Chavs on New Years day.

I know this club and I know how it's mind works. It needs to be smart, it needs belief and when the belief is there, Tottenham Hotspur FC can be an unstoppable force despite all the advantages our opponents have over us.

Ten successive years in the CL, is that whats on offer in this poll ? We'd win the Champions League if we had ten successive cracks at it , I'm sure of it!

And both have enjoyed a sustained period of CL qualification playing some of the best teams in Europe - sorry to all the romantics dreaming of FA cup glory ala 1981 etc. but football has changed (not necessarily for the better imo) and so must we! Surely the past 20 years has shown you all what I mean by this! We stood still under a very stubborn Alan Sugar at a time when we needed to take a risk ("to do is to dare!!"remember) and we've been playing catch up ever since (badly too btw!).
Even in ye olden days there was a strong correlation between finishing in the upper echelons of the league and winning major silverware... who knows how different things might be for Spurs right now if it weren't for that dodgy lasagne or Chavski hadn't fluked that CL title or we'd picked up just 2 more points during AVB' first season...

3463yop.jpg

20 years ago, maybe even 10 years ago I would have opted of trophies but if you want your team to to be successful in this day and age, its all about qualifying for the CL, you could win 5 League cups in a row but that won't move this club forward , we're only going to eat at the top table and attract the modric and bale's of the next generation if we are playing in the premier european club competition

Trophies, but... We're much more likely to win trophies regularly with a CL squad/budget. It's not about open top bus celebrations for 4th place, it's using the extra income to more forward and achieve silverware.
The ultimate prize is lifting the European Cup, no point being in it if you aren't out to win it (unlike that lot down the road, 17 failed attempts and counting).
One thing I don't want to see next season is a repeat of our approach this season to the FA Cup. Our lineup/approach/execution was an embarrassment and a repeat would be unacceptable.
I don't see us finishing higher than 5th until we're getting the extra income from the new stadium, unless we get a EL free run at the league, as Liverpool showed last season.
Priority for me is League and FA Cup. Not that bothered about EL or League Cup use those to blood the youngsters, take them seriously if you find yourselves in the Semis.

Trophies, but... We're much more likely to win trophies regularly with a CL squad/budget. It's not about open top bus celebrations for 4th place, it's using the extra income to more forward and achieve silverware.
The ultimate prize is lifting the European Cup, no point being in it if you aren't out to win it (unlike that lot down the road, 17 failed attempts and counting).
One thing I don't want to see next season is a repeat of our approach this season to the FA Cup. Our lineup/approach/execution was an embarrassment and a repeat would be unacceptable.
I don't see us finishing higher than 5th until we're getting the extra income from the new stadium, unless we get a EL free run at the league, as Liverpool showed last season.
Priority for me is League and FA Cup. Not that bothered about EL or League Cup use those to blood the youngsters, take them seriously if you find yourselves in the Semis.

The problem with that is that the FA Cup is a competition that gets under way in the second half of the season. The reason we took the approach that we did this year is because we got to the latter stages of other cup competitions which is when you are saying we should take them seriously.

Back