• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The GG Excuse Summary...

Well, Man Utd don't win the league every year. ;)

My question wasn't about a full season, but about individual games (and to some extent a small sample of games). "Football matches", not seasons. Is your answer the same for individual games?

Although, if the answer is "yes" there is of course no reason to think that luck and coincidence won't also affect league positions at the end of a season to some extent. The better the team the more football matches you win is of course true, but that doesn't mean that there's no luck involved in individual matches or in the outcome at the end of the season.

I suppose equating all (outside) explanations with excuses is fine if that's what you want, I don't see it that way though.

By default im going to have to apply what i think to individual games as well: in theory you could say that we had a bad run of luck lasting 38 individual games, and i'm a firm believer that your final league position is an accurate reflection of the teams abilities.

Last edited:
Injuries, the main excuse our fans seem to use every year. There is some justification, but mainly not. Lennon being out has cost us big time this season, and also last season it was a catastrophe. But the fault isn't because he was out, but because we haven't got a replacement for him to keep the team shape and balance. So it really is still the fault of the club.

Injuries, the main excuse our fans seem to use every year. There is some justification, but mainly not. Lennon being out has cost us big time this season, and also last season it was a catastrophe. But the fault isn't because he was out, but because we haven't got a replacement for him to keep the team shape and balance. So it really is still the fault of the club.

100% this

One man's excuses are another man's reasons. Some of the stuff people come up with to put blame on everyone and everything is just mind blowing.

I don't think football managers know a great deal more than the moderately clued up football fan.

Excuses?

We don't need no stinking excuses.............

112730859_Blazing20Saddles20No20Stinking20Badges20scene_8x6_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

Back