• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

This is news, not rumour or speculation, but Emirates Marketing Project have signed German international midfielder Ilkay Gundogan from Dortmund on a reported 4 year deal for a reported 21m Pounds.

This is news, not rumour or speculation, but Emirates Marketing Project have signed German international midfielder Ilkay Gundogan from Dortmund on a reported 4 year deal for a reported 21m Pounds.

If he stays fit, he will be a great addition to the team. Him and Silva linking up with Aguero :eek:

Linetty is a player that we have had definite interest in previously, we made an offer for him back in January 2015 and again had talks with his representatives last summer.

I remember those rumours; so my questions are:

a) what happened last summer with our chase, why was he not signed?
b) why do you think we are still chasing him (if indeed we are, which i doubt as i think the Bazoer seems like more what is needed atm)?

I remember those rumours; so my questions are:

a) what happened last summer with our chase, why was he not signed?
b) why do you think we are still chasing him (if indeed we are, which i doubt as i think the Bazoer seems like more what is needed atm)?

Linetty is a tidy little passing player isn't he? A Carroll or a Winks. Not exactly what we need.

Was anyone else impressed with the holding midfielder for Portugal last night, Danilo??

Plays for FC Porto, not seen much more but thought he looked a really good player.

Could also see in the short time they where on the pitch why no one has signed William cavhalio and why FCBM went bit for Sanches, he is going to be an absolute worldy

1. Lyall Thomas ‏@SkySportsLyall 17h17 hours ago
    Full story; #Everton make second "massive" move for Ronald Koeman, Dutch journalist tells #SSNHQ: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10302379/everton-go-all-guns-blazing-for-southampton-boss-ronald-koeman… #EFC

2. Lyall Thomas ‏@SkySportsLyall 2m2 minutes ago
    Sky sources: #Everton talking to Koeman. Next step is clubs agreeing compensation thought to be around £3m. #SaintsFC

Really don't understand this. I wonder if it's a protective move, rather than an ambitious one - Koeman jumping ship because he sees the wheels starting to fall off?

Really don't understand this. I wonder if it's a protective move, rather than an ambitious one - Koeman jumping ship because he sees the wheels starting to fall off?

Isnt the new Everton owner ready to spunk cash left right and centre? I have certainly read a few articles suggesting that. Also only ambition will keep Lukaku, Stones, Barkley at the club this summer surely?

Isnt the new Everton owner ready to spunk cash left right and centre? I have certainly read a few articles suggesting that. Also only ambition will keep Lukaku, Stones, Barkley at the club this summer surely?

I agree with you, Everton are and always have been a bigger club then Southampton and with the new owner and a better manager they could become a force over the next few years.

Southamptons infrastructure is light years ahead of Evertons and it'll take a long time for Everton to get themselves sorted in that sense - club can't live off being a big name forever

Southamptons infrastructure is light years ahead of Evertons and it'll take a long time for Everton to get themselves sorted in that sense - club can't live off being a big name forever

They have been looking for a DoF/Sporting Director apparently as well, clearly they are trying to get a new system in place, though i think it will be too little too late to keep their current best players.

All gonna depend on their recruitment this year, if the big players go they have to buy wisely.

Back