• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory

Cheers @harr1984, I'm glad you liked it. Which of the older episodes did you listen to?
There’s something about Steff (after the Sheffield Utd game). Am tempted to listen to more of them, but know there will be a fair bit of (justified) negativity in there and hoping that I’m joining as the podcasts start to take a more uplifting tone with results hopefully getting better....

There’s something about Steff (after the Sheffield Utd game). Am tempted to listen to more of them, but know there will be a fair bit of (justified) negativity in there and hoping that I’m joining as the podcasts start to take a more uplifting tone with results hopefully getting better....

I think you'll be surprised. Yes, some criticism, but we do look to avoid it for criticisms sake. I'd be interested in what you think of the Derek Myer episode?

I think you'll be surprised. Yes, some criticism, but we do look to avoid it for criticisms sake. I'd be interested in what you think of the Derek Myer episode?
Sure, I’ll give it a go at the weekend. I’ve always found you to be fair with Mourinho in your posts so I don’t doubt all of these podcasts will have a good element of balance.....

It's A Grand Old Team is a fun episode. Spurs didn't play that weekend, so we talk about our favourite sides.

My other favourites are Brainfarts and Boo-boys and I'm Off To Bunnytown. We never really got too negative, I'm quite proud that we tried to remain balanced and had a laugh.

Sure, I’ll give it a go at the weekend. I’ve always found you to be fair with Mourinho in your posts so I don’t doubt all of these podcasts will have a good element of balance.....

Appreciated, thanks. We're enjoying them and glad you like them too, that's very cool.

Anyway. New pod out tomorrow. Something a little different to what we've done so far. It's a review of February, we're trying to take a more considered view over the month, rather than instant reaction. We're planning on doing one of these every month, so will be into hear what you think.

Be careful, in danger of becoming overwhelming! Hurry up ... have to listen to LWOS as a filler post fulham

Episode 13

This is a little different to a normal episode, a look back at the month of February and taking a more considered view of how it went. The regular pods are an immediate reaction to a game. This is an attempt to be more reflective and look at the bigger picture. This is something that we are planning to do every month, so let’s hope it works!

@thfcsteff, @ricky2tricky4city, @GPRD81 and @milo discuss:

• Tottenham v Chelsea
  • Tottenham v West Brom
  • Everton v Tottenham
  • Emirates Marketing Project v Tottenham
  • Wolfsberger v Tottenham
  • West Ham v Tottenham
  • Tottenham v Wolfsberger
  • Tottenham v Burnley
  • Have we weathered the storm?
  • Player of the month?
  • Which player had the worst month?
  • Who was the most improved player?
  • A look forward to March

We'd really appreciate it if you could find time to leave a positive review on Apple Podcasts or help spread the word on social media.

Apple Podcasts

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-game-is-about-glory/id1549996381

Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/show/2TL6nSBfDK0Dn7laU2Vcqp?si=zwUheITvQnSIyqyzKR0CEg

RSS Feed

https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/5ff4636ed6e3f1135f46f0cb

Stitcher

https://www.stitcher.com/show/the-game-is-about-glory

Just listened to it, really enjoyed it and definitely a good idea as you discuss many points that I’d forgotten about throughout the month:D

Found myself agreeing with most of it, and enjoy Milos tactical observations. One small thing I disagreed with was Vinicius, I think he’s exactly what we’ve needed as a backup striker and don’t really know what more we could ask for from a guy who barely gets any game time - agree regarding the current fee not being realistic. But Milos suggestion about Scarlett, Mourinho commented that he sees him being used as Rashford was, as a wide forward to start with so don’t see him as the backup forward (although I guess you could argue Son would then play centrally).

Anyway, definitely a good format and think I’m enjoying it as much as the forum itself....

Just listened to it, really enjoyed it and definitely a good idea as you discuss many points that I’d forgotten about throughout the month:D

Found myself agreeing with most of it, and enjoy Milos tactical observations. One small thing I disagreed with was Vinicius, I think he’s exactly what we’ve needed as a backup striker and don’t really know what more we could ask for from a guy who barely gets any game time - agree regarding the current fee not being realistic. But Milos suggestion about Scarlett, Mourinho commented that he sees him being used as Rashford was, as a wide forward to start with so don’t see him as the backup forward (although I guess you could argue Son would then play centrally).

Anyway, definitely a good format and think I’m enjoying it as much as the forum itself....

Thanks. I'm glad you're enjoying them, we're having a lot of fun doing them.

I think that Vinicius would be a good permanent signing if we could get him for less than half the agreed fee. I agree he's done well when played in the cups, I'm not sure that he's good enough for the PL but he's certainly better than most of the backup CFs we've had recently.

Thanks guys, good stuff but a HUUUUGE problem for me.

You assume that people remember the games.

I've no clue what you are on about when you start talking about that pass from Hojbjerg to Son 5 weeks ago.

You need to say stuff like "Then we went on to play XXX and the line up was surprising because XXX came in for ZZZ and YYY came in for WWW and the score finished 3-0 with a volley from XXX and a header from XXX before the break and just as things were looking spicy we got the third from a penalty when XXX was fouled by XXXX..."

It is no good assuming we all remember the first half against Accrington on Tuesday 3rd Feb.

Also, please stop saying "... the month of February..."

It is February. Always has been. It will never be the week of February.

Good stuff though, gave it a listen but could barely remember half of what you guys wrote notes on and revised.

but could barely remember half of what you guys wrote notes on and revised.

I think that you over estimate how much preparation we do. @GPRD81 remembers everything and the rest of us are bluffing it and desperately trying not to sound like idiots.

Anyway, Palace pod recorded immediately after the game tonight and should be out tomorrow or Tuesday

I think that you over estimate how much preparation we do. @GPRD81 remembers everything and the rest of us are bluffing it and desperately trying not to sound like idiots.
Hey Milo the Bear, maybe Mods could sticky the official highlights package for each game into a sticky thread with no 'posting' allowed?
So you would have 1 post for January with the highlights packages of all games, then 1 post for February containing the highlights packages of all 8 games or whatever?

Would be handy for going back and remembering what the flip we are all talking about.

This kind of package:

Back