• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Football Literature thread

Pleats side was one of the best i have watched as a Spurs supporter, such a shame they run out of steam at the end of the season.
86-87 was my first season of going on my own. I wasn't allowed to go, but i just did.

I was a bit spoilt really (not that you knew it at the time)......a lovely side to watch, clive allen scoring everytime he touched the ball.........and of course the shelf still in all its glory.

I thought pleats 4-5-1 was quite ground breaking at the time, hoddle was an early exponent of 352 and Ossie was just ahead of his time...
Pleat's 451 was pre Premier League, otherwise it would probably have been covered in the book. Ossie's 352 is mentioned, but not covered widely, as there were other, more important trends going on at the time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back