• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight for Europa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the title - keep it. But based on what we saw today, and yesterday, the gap is still there.

Think it’s clear who the best two sides are. I’ll be happy with 3rd and a trophy. Hell, I’d even take 4th and a trophy at the expense of finishing a place lower in the league

I think it’s clear who the best side is.. they will win the league by double figures

The rest isn’t clear... no one seems to be able to factor in fatigue in their expectations of pool which I find odd

I think it’s clear who the best side is.. they will win the league by double figures

The rest isn’t clear... no one seems to be able to factor in fatigue in their expectations of pool which I find odd

Emirates Marketing Project’s squad is just ridiculous. Bernardo Silva, Gundogan and Aguero were on the bench today. Silva and Gundogan would walk into our side.

Liverpool have had a bad transfer window and haven’t added depth to their squad. That could be their Achilles heel. They are going to have to rely on not getting injuries. I still think both them and Emirates Marketing Project have better starting elevens than us.

Emirates Marketing Project’s squad is just ridiculous. Bernardo Silva, Gundogan and Aguero were on the bench today. Silva and Gundogan would walk into our side.

Liverpool have had a bad transfer window and haven’t added depth to their squad. That could be their Achilles heel. They are going to have to rely on not getting injuries. I still think both them and Emirates Marketing Project have better starting elevens than us.

Leagues aren’t won by the first 11

And I really think Pools looked better last season having so many fresh players (1 of their players actually played in the latter stages)

City to win the league by 10 points or more
I think we will pip pool to second
Don’t really care behind us

Leagues aren’t won by the first 11

And I really think Pools looked better last season having so many fresh players (1 of their players actually played in the latter stages)

City to win the league by 10 points or more
I think we will pip pool to second
Don’t really care behind us

Liverpool are a better side than us. Both sides can score goals but their defence is superior to ours. Fatigue will be the only thing that stops them finishing above us.

Liverpool are a better side than us. Both sides can score goals but their defence is superior to ours. Fatigue will be the only thing that stops them finishing above us.

But our midfield is better than there’s Is nothing in the attacks
And their squad is thin... scarily so when people actually look at it
Last year they suffered no fatigue or injuries
Doubt that will happen again after the ANC

Agree on the midfield. Their defence is considerably better than ours. I don’t think their squad is any worse than ours. No one had worse injuries than us last season but they had injuries to their centre halves which is the only reason why Lovren played as often as he did as he’s not their first or second choice CB

Agree on the midfield. Their defence is considerably better than ours. I don’t think their squad is any worse than ours. No one had worse injuries than us last season but they had injuries to their centre halves which is the only reason why Lovren played as often as he did as he’s not their first or second choice CB

Don’t remember them losing a key player once to be honest
This season they will have them missing regularly IMO
But that is me predicting the future....

And on the squad thing the have 4 CMs for 3 positions
They have no full back cover that I know of, unless they pay a CB out of position or Milner at LB
The have 5 players for the attacking 3 roles plus llalana if he is ever fit
The rest are all kids

Think it’s clear who the best two sides are. I’ll be happy with 3rd and a trophy. Hell, I’d even take 4th and a trophy at the expense of finishing a place lower in the league

If you are saying that in August, you are talking about last season. I'm not saying that they won't finish 1 and 2 but there is a long way to go yet and a lot can change.

Their midfield really isn't that relevant though, they don't use it much.
Origi looks like he has finally become a good player, so that will help them alot.
The Alison injury will be interesting - as good as that defence is, they now have to play with a completely new keeper that they have barely even trained with.

Their midfield really isn't that relevant though, they don't use it much.
Origi looks like he has finally become a good player, so that will help them alot.
The Alison injury will be interesting - as good as that defence is, they now have to play with a completely new keeper that they have barely even trained with.

Agree about the midfield thing
It’s why they didn’t win the league. You need someone in there who can create or at least beat a man
And that defence last season was fresh and had played no WC games pretty much (TAA had played part of the 3rd place play off)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back