• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

I'd be bold enough to say that 8 more points (75) should be enough now for top 4; in reality it will probably be good for 3rd too but I think we should be striving for at least 10 pts from the 4 games remaining. The Goal difference is also massive - realistically only Woolwich can better our +29.

Winning the next two though will take a lot of pressure of the final two by which point our adversaries may well have dropped more points. However, I dont see a scenario whereby top 4 is guaranteed before we play Bournemouth.

Therefore tomorrow night is huge as it sets the tone. It will be a lot tougher than it's being made out - there's no reason Brighton cant do to us what Burnley did to Chelsea tonight and load the box defensively. I'd take a 1-0 now!

I’ll be honest, I’d have been happier now had united/Chelsea/Arsenal won and the dippers had dropped points, but here we are, giving City a massive three points didn’t hurt us.

You’re a strange person.

If It was Arsenal aka our actual rivals then I’d sort of understand.

I genuinely worry for you if Liverpool win the league.

Another bonus for us. Had we won and Liverpool lost, it would've been a perfect weekend, but when we lost as expected, this is almost as good as it gets.

Big night tonight. Only three points is good enough.

I can see Chelsea getting 7pts from remaining 3 games. = 74pts
I'm giving Arsenal the benefit of the doubt and reckon they can get 8 more points (2W 2D). = 74pts
United will probably manage 7 more points. = 71pts

So to be safely there we need 7 more points from 4 games.

Looking at a pessimistic, yet not totally unreasonable outcome of last 4 games:

Brighton - 3pts
West Ham - 1pt (they always raise their game and we'll have CL and fitness issues arising)
B'mth - 1pt
Everton - 1pt (they've improved of late and whilst our record against them is good, a draw is quite feasible here).
= 73pts

Ok, we don't do draws etc etc. And yes, I'm erring on side of pessimistic caution. But we only need to improve on just one of these draws to earn 75pts and ensure top 4.

Hell, we can even lose one so long as we turn one of those other draws into a win to give us 74pts and presumably get through on goal difference. Though this really would make for a very very nervy last day of the season against Everton!

Strangely yesterday we didn’t miss sissoko
And we are not playing teams of city’s calibre now

Its not actually strange at all.

Honestly, with 5 changes and bare bones etc, I thought we performed better than on Wednesday.

Was watching the game and thinking how we really are on a level with the top teams now. No more plucky underdogs.

This team can go toe to toe with the leagues best on equal terms, despite the disparity in wealth etc.

I can see Chelsea getting 7pts from remaining 3 games. = 74pts
I'm giving Arsenal the benefit of the doubt and reckon they can get 8 more points (2W 2D). = 74pts
United will probably manage 7 more points. = 71pts

So to be safely there we need 7 more points from 4 games.

Looking at a pessimistic, yet not totally unreasonable outcome of last 4 games:

Brighton - 3pts
West Ham - 1pt (they always raise their game and we'll have CL and fitness issues arising)
B'mth - 1pt
Everton - 1pt (they've improved of late and whilst our record against them is good, a draw is quite feasible here).
= 73pts

Ok, we don't do draws etc etc. And yes, I'm erring on side of pessimistic caution. But we only need to improve on just one of these draws to earn 75pts and ensure top 4.

Hell, we can even lose one so long as we turn one of those other draws into a win to give us 74pts and presumably get through on goal difference. Though this really would make for a very very nervy last day of the season against Everton!
Everton lost at Fulham....just saying.

Its not actually strange at all.

Honestly, with 5 changes and bare bones etc, I thought we performed better than on Wednesday.

Was watching the game and thinking how we really are on a level with the top teams now. No more plucky underdogs.

This team can go toe to toe with the leagues best on equal terms, despite the disparity in wealth etc.
I've said before.....plug and play...all the players know the system...all know the effort required. Some replacements are not as good individually BUT they can still carry out the basic instructions to allow the tactics/system to work.

When was the last time someone gave us a good hiding? (Saudi Sportswashing Machine?)....never happens anymore. Why. Because it's not acceptable.

I've said before.....plug and play...all the players know the system...all know the effort required. Some replacements are not as good individually BUT they can still carry out the basic instructions to allow the tactics/system to work.

When was the last time someone gave us a good hiding? (Saudi Sportswashing Machine?)....never happens anymore. Why. Because it's not acceptable.

Its not that so much (though you are right), it was more the feeling of equilibrium.

These games in seasons past, we have been punching up - Saturday? certainly didnt seem that way.

I honestly think this season will prove to be a turning point in the teams development. Its been a season of hardship and compromise all through, and to be where we are is incredible. But not in a lucky way, its been earned.

Next season, new home, proper pre season, no injuries, squad given a boost - I genuinely think we are ready for a run at the title.

Arsenal - Draw Wolves, Lose Leicester, Beat Brighton, Beat Burnley- 73pts
Chelsea - Lose Utd, Beat Watford, Beat Leicester - 73pts
Man Utd - Lose City, Beat Chelsea, Beat Huddersfield, Beat Cardiff - 73pts

So 2 wins would be enough on GD

It will be done by the weekend IF we can get 2 wins
Ramsey has been holding Arsenal together
Chelsea cant win after Europa League

2 of the chasing pack would have to win all their games to jump above us which wont happen

Arsenal - Draw Wolves, Lose Leicester, Beat Brighton, Beat Burnley- 73pts
Chelsea - Lose Utd, Beat Watford, Beat Leicester - 73pts
Man Utd - Lose City, Beat Chelsea, Beat Huddersfield, Beat Cardiff - 73pts

So 2 wins would be enough on GD

It will be done by the weekend IF we can get 2 wins
Ramsey has been holding Arsenal together
Chelsea cant win after Europa League

2 of the chasing pack would have to win all their games to jump above us which wont happen

I cannot see Arsenal picking up those wins away. The only teams that they have beaten away this season are Cardiff, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Fulham, Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Watford. Only two of those have come since Christmas. In their last away game they played against a ten man Watford for 80 minutes, couldn't score and looked second best for much of that. Wolves and Leicester are decent sides and playing for a Europa League spot. I also think that Everton defeat will take a lot out of them.

I cannot see Arsenal picking up those wins away. The only teams that they have beaten away this season are Cardiff, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Fulham, Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Watford. Only two of those have come since Christmas. In their last away game they played against a ten man Watford for 80 minutes, couldn't score and looked second best for much of that. Wolves and Leicester are decent sides and playing for a Europa League spot. I also think that Everton defeat will take a lot out of them.
Hoping that the good Wolves against top teams turns up on Wednesday night and not the one that has lost to some utter gash recently

Arsenal, Chelsea and ManU have been so shyte this season. If we don't finish above them in 3rd place, we don't deserve to be in Europe next season.

The time has come to show what we are made of.
4 games to determine our season.
- BHA (H)
- WHU(H)
- BOU (A)
- EVE (H)

We have seen that in recent weeks, lower level teams have been getting results against the top 6.
We need to be VERY VERY careful.
Play our best possible teams in each of these games.
We NEED CL next season for the sake of our new stadium.

COYS and Good Bless.

Back