• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

So lucky to have had Anderson and Broad in tandem, achieved so much really considering we were crickets whipping boys for the 90s and some of the 00s.

Did anyone watch The Edge on bbc2 on Sunday? Great watch I thought, though difficult to draw clear cut conclusions...

Also made me realise once again what a great team and era that was for English cricket, notwithstanding the toll it clearly took on a few of the participants.

1st Test v Pakistan starts in 30 minutes

England have lost the 1st test in 8 out of the last 10 series, that's terrible

Mind you Pakistan have had no warm up games or anything so could be rusty

Stokes a big injury doubt, hope he plays just for his batting and fielding

1st Test v Pakistan starts in 30 minutes

England have lost the 1st test in 8 out of the last 10 series, that's terrible

Mind you Pakistan have had no warm up games or anything so could be rusty

Stokes a big injury doubt, hope he plays just for his batting and fielding

They have this young rapid bowler

F’ing Manchester tests!!! First job of the ECB is to get hotels built on all southern test grounds so we never have to play another test at Old Trafford and lose countless hours to the pathetic Manchester weather.

I fail the Tebbit test during this fixture. I'm England for everything except this game where my loyalties go the way my father raised me. The love of Pakistan cricket.

That aside, cracking match so far. Buttler has had an awful game but Pakistan have played well.

I fail the Tebbit test during this fixture. I'm England for everything except this game where my loyalties go the way my father raised me. The love of Pakistan cricket.

That aside, cracking match so far. Buttler has had an awful game but Pakistan have played well.

Great bowling display by Pakistan, a great watch!

I can’t believe Butler has only got one century in over forty tests. I know he has his critics, but he can be a special player on his day and should have more to show for it than one century. Woakes has got the same number of centuries in less tests:D.....

I can’t believe Butler has only got one century in over forty tests. I know he has his critics, but he can be a special player on his day and should have more to show for it than one century. Woakes has got the same number of centuries in less tests:D.....

Just a shocking wicket keeper

Just a shocking wicket keeper
He’s been solid enough behind the stumps in the last year or so to be fair, but he had a shocker there! That batting performance may just have saved him, it’s exactly what he’s in the team for. Another game behind the stumps like that though and he’ll be dropped IMO.

I said before the Windies series that I’d have Foakes in there, quality keeper and solid batsmen.

I do really like Butler though, x-factor player.

He’s been solid enough behind the stumps in the last year or so to be fair, but he had a shocker there! That batting performance may just have saved him, it’s exactly what he’s in the team for. Another game behind the stumps like that though and he’ll be dropped IMO.

I said before the Windies series that I’d have Foakes in there, quality keeper and solid batsmen.

I do really like Butler though, x-factor player.

He could be in for his bating but he was right, you drop someone which costs 50 runs then you out pressure on yourself to make that up with bat, he can't do that every game.

That's why I would always have had a Foster or now Foakes

He could be in for his bating but he was right, you drop someone which costs 50 runs then you out pressure on yourself to make that up with bat, he can't do that every game.

That's why I would always have had a Foster or now Foakes
Foster, now there was a wickie!!! Just a shame his batting wasn’t quite up to international standard (prob equivalent ability to a Dom Bess, good, but you want your Wk batting higher really?).

Back