• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Centre Forward thread

The comment you replied to stating that our turnover has been similar to Everton’s was this one:

“sorry should have clarified. Don't have a WANT to spend. we've spent closer to Everton since the inception of the PL than any of the big 5.”

I was therefore showing that actually our spending has been significantly less than theirs (as well as a bunch of other lower turnover clubs).

Re: us instead spending on the stadium…. There was me thinking that we has £850 million of interest bearing loans?

think that was me that said that, based on PL transfers and wages: https://www.givemesport.com/1696930-watch-total-spending-by-premier-league-clubs-19932020

We had that same DoF in the much easier summer transfer window and chose to invest in other areas of the squad, not trying to be contradictory but I wonder if Conte sees it as more of an issue than Nuno did.

It’s quite bewildering that we’re still at this stage of knowing that inevitable injuries / form issues with Kane and Son render us ineffective as an attacking unit, however it’s painted.

I’ll be more hopeful of getting a forward in if we can sell Bergwijn. If we don’t make any moves and do see Stevie B deployed as a 9 in important games out of necessity it’s going to be a rough ride (through no fault of his own).

I think with nuno and the uncertainty over covid, we were in a rebuild phase. Lower the age of the squad and bring in promising youngsters. We had to borrow another £250m to cover ourselves. There was little expectation and we wanted to bring some of the youth through. John, devine, scarlett.

It didn't go great. Nuno went. We bring in conte. Suddenly 4th is wide open. We'd have made some assurances to conte (maybe not for this window though). Expectations of what is possible are raised. Seems we may have ridden the wave of covid.

The question is, where do we go from here? Possibly why levy was meeting with lewis.

Hope we go for it. But levy and lewis are risk averse. We'll see.

We had that same DoF in the much easier summer transfer window and chose to invest in other areas of the squad, not trying to be contradictory but I wonder if Conte sees it as more of an issue than Nuno did.

It’s quite bewildering that we’re still at this stage of knowing that inevitable injuries / form issues with Kane and Son render us ineffective as an attacking unit, however it’s painted.

I’ll be more hopeful of getting a forward in if we can sell Bergwijn. If we don’t make any moves and do see Stevie B deployed as a 9 in important games out of necessity it’s going to be a rough ride (through no fault of his own).

Conte seeing it as more of an issue than Nuno makes sense. We want to play a different style different system, we have different needs.

But also that our needs in the summer were different because some issues were sorted out in the summer. With Aurier desperate to leave we only had Doherty and Tanganga at right back before signing Emerson. Similarly Romero coming in.

Conte seeing it as more of an issue than Nuno makes sense. We want to play a different style different system, we have different needs.

But also that our needs in the summer were different because some issues were sorted out in the summer. With Aurier desperate to leave we only had Doherty and Tanganga at right back before signing Emerson. Similarly Romero coming in.

I don’t disagree with your reasoning of why we made those signings, but like with Gill and Sarr, in effect choices were made to not sign a proper forward having not kept hold of Vinicius and to not replace Erik + Bale in terms of providing 1st team ready players.

It isn’t easy by any stretch and we’ve seen the club try a number of approaches that haven’t quite panned out, it’s a shame to just do nothing and then be surprised we’re not able to be competitive on more than one front or turn the tide in a game.

Yup, ridiculous but not surprised in the slightest - the PL left themselves open, and no one has faith in them to do the right thing.

Feel for all those travelling from afar for this game.

But look forward to playing them when they have a ‘full strength’ team and giving them their annual beating at the Lane, making them look like even bigger mugs….

His agent has recently been in London (so 1/3 chance its us):
And the Italian press are naming us (and Villa): https://www.calciomercato.com/news/...perclasico-il-milan-alla-finestra-puo-e-75866

So basically, not strongly. But then most of our summer signings came out of the blue.

Presumably not Emirates Marketing Project if they are really going to be after Haaland, which would leave Man Utd and this seems to be a dangerous looking signing if they were to make it.

I think with nuno and the uncertainty over covid, we were in a rebuild phase. Lower the age of the squad and bring in promising youngsters. We had to borrow another £250m to cover ourselves. There was little expectation and we wanted to bring some of the youth through. John, devine, scarlett.

It didn't go great. Nuno went. We bring in conte. Suddenly 4th is wide open. We'd have made some assurances to conte (maybe not for this window though). Expectations of what is possible are raised. Seems we may have ridden the wave of covid.

The question is, where do we go from here? Possibly why levy was meeting with lewis.

Hope we go for it. But levy and lewis are risk averse. We'll see.
Where do we go from here?.... Probably nowhere. We don't have the money to invest in transfers for top players and the chairman doesn't allow the wages to go above about 50% of turnover so we don't have the wage-budget to invest in getting in top transfers via bosman deals either. We now have a third club in Saudi Sportswashing Machine who's owners seem prepared to take the Emirates Marketing Project and Chelsea approach, we have two clubs who are naturally bigger than us in Man Utd and Liverpool (arguably three really including Arsenal who's owner has recently decided to pump his own money in) and we also have Aston Villa with very rich owners who appear to be prepared to do the thing that our owners have never wanted to do and really back their manager.

Fingers crossed Levy's meeting with Lewis was to discuss them selling up, or at the very least releasing some of the huge profit they have made on their initial (and only) investment into THFC via diluting their equity for a cash injection into the club. Though I would imagine the fly in the ointment for either option is some sort of ridiculous valuation they have of the club.

Back