• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

I always worry when a guy isn’t starting regularly for an inferior side to us
I kind don't expect that we will be able to attract someone who is playing regularly at a decent level to come and sit on the bench here.

The player has to either want a massive pay rise or truly believe in themselves and the opportunity to prove themselves in comparison to Kane. Seems like a very difficult and partially unrealistic proposition on the latter angle.

I think no matter what we think the person we sign unless a versatile option (Depay) is going to be decidedly lower tier in quality, I just don't see any other way it will work.

Wasn’t a lot of that due to injury and then him not discussing a new contract though?
Not historically it wasn’t
From what I’ve seen and read he ain’t first choice there and IMO their not as good as us
Hence my issue with signing him
He would go from being a sub there to a sub here

I kind don't expect that we will be able to attract someone who is playing regularly at a decent level to come and sit on the bench here.

The player has to either want a massive pay rise or truly believe in themselves and the opportunity to prove themselves in comparison to Kane. Seems like a very difficult and partially unrealistic proposition on the latter angle.

I think no matter what we think the person we sign unless a versatile option (Depay) is going to be decidedly lower tier in quality, I just don't see any other way it will work.
Buy a developing player like Chelsea did with Batbrick (yeah that hasn’t worked out).

Buy a developing player like Chelsea did with Batbrick (yeah that hasn’t worked out).
I would say the impact Origi has had for Liverpool is probably what we are looking for in the best case scenario.

On the topic I was quite willing to go for Batshuayi when we were linked as a backup option. I think he's a better player than has demonstrated at Chelsea but obviously every transfer is a combination of timing and belief and it hasn't really kicked into gear for him at Chelsea.

I would say the impact Origi has had for Liverpool is probably what we are looking for in the best case scenario.

On the topic I was quite willing to go for Batshuayi when we were linked as a backup option. I think he's a better player than has demonstrated at Chelsea but obviously every transfer is a combination of timing and belief and it hasn't really kicked into gear for him at Chelsea.
Hence why he is signing a new contract for the pay rise and the loan again... players like that amuse me. Got no balls about them and happy to take the pay cheque, forgetting they would get the same elsewhere

Origi IMO was signed to start but they sent him back on loan and trackside he wasn’t as good as they hoped. They then also brought in Firmino who they start. Their system though us skewed as they don’t play a striker

Hence why he is signing a new contract for the pay rise and the loan again... players like that amuse me. Got no balls about them and happy to take the pay cheque, forgetting they would get the same elsewhere

Origi IMO was signed to start but they sent him back on loan and trackside he wasn’t as good as they hoped. They then also bought in Firmino who they start. Their system though us skewed as they don’t play a striker

Also with the shape they do play it's a bit easier to get any bench options some minutes in one of their 3 forward positions. That's partly why I can see the sense in any interest in Depay, he can play CF albeit more of as a false 9 but then can also play as an inside foreward. He's likely too expensive and how profile though.

I think we should go for a youngish option, some will say look at Janssen but I honestly have no problem with that kind of signing, it's speculative and didn't work out but no shame or regrets. Sometimes those signings work (Dele) and sometimes they don't. What I can't accept is nothing being done about the situation again, we 100% need at the very least a body to step in and work as focal point.

Not historically it wasn’t
From what I’ve seen and read he ain’t first choice there and IMO their not as good as us
Hence my issue with signing him
He would go from being a sub there to a sub here
35 league games for Napoli in 18/19.
This season he played 26 games but missed 10 games due to 3 separate injuries.
17/18 season he missed 25 games with a knee injury....

Last edited:
Also with the shape they do play it's a bit easier to get any bench options some minutes in one of their 3 forward positions. That's partly why I can see the sense in any interest in Depay, he can play CF albeit more of as a false 9 but then can also play as an inside foreward. He's likely too expensive and how profile though.

I think we should go for a youngish option, some will say look at Janssen but I honestly have no problem with that kind of signing, it's speculative and didn't work out but no shame or regrets. Sometimes those signings work (Dele) and sometimes they don't. What I can't accept is nothing being done about the situation again, we 400% need at the very least a body to step in and work as focal point.
Depay is toss as a 9 IMO
Good player though but not a 9 by any means
We need versatile players if possible

So injury prone the ... suggest we avoid
I think there will be some concerns with anyone we can realistically sign as a striker.

Milik would be way above my expectations in terms of quality. But of course unproven in the PL and some injury concerns. Also not really a player I can see playing wide.

Difficult decisions. Will be some concerns about anyone we can realistically sign for that role.

So injury prone the ... suggest we avoid
Possibly. I was just countering your point that he wasn’t first choice at Napoli.

I can’t say I have actually watched Milik so don’t really have an opinion on him. The times I have watched Napoli though (against Arsenal and Chelsea in the Euro Vase) I have never really been impressed by any of them. Milik May well have been injured for those games though?

Possibly. I was just countering your point that he wasn’t first choice at Napoli.

I can’t say I have actually watched Milik so don’t really have an opinion on him. The times I have watched Napoli though (against Arsenal and Chelsea in the Euro Vase) I have never really been impressed by any of them. Milik May well have been injured for those games though?
He certainly didn’t play in the big games
I’ve never seen him start form them and I’ve seen them 7/8 games at least in the last 2 seasons
He is very static from what I’ve seen
Maybe he is a Llorente MK 2

I’d go for Woods from Burnley or Deeney
Both batter defenders and are horrible to play against and I think both would be gettable

Reactions: DTA
I’d go for Woods from Burnley or Deeney
Both batter defenders and are horrible to play against and I think both would be gettable

I agree they would add completely different dimension, and could also play with Kane. To be honest I like both as an option.

I agree they would add completely different dimension, and could also play with Kane. To be honest I like both as an option.
Their not what I think a lot of fans would want though but I just look at who could we get who is a horrible bastard to play against and wouldn’t cost us crazy money (wood May TBF)

Their not what I think a lot of fans would want though but I just look at who could we get who is a horrible bastard to play against and wouldn’t cost us crazy money (wood May TBF)

Yeah you are right, but I think that they may be more effective and useful to change things up than many of the targets that we have been linked with.

Back