• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Wonder whether Tanguy will end up being remembered as fondly as Moussa…

Or will he end up like Bentley…

You see Clive Allen come up off the bench as Bentley's goal bulges the twine. He had given pre-match instructions to Spurs forwards to watch for the goalie coming too far off his line as play moved up field. When you watch this replay, it's clear that Bentley had taken that advice on board and had only one thing on his mind. Great goal, great game, great result that helped get Harry's tenure off to a great start.

Assume that one reason he wanted out was because he felt the club was going nowhere. But if we can continue to build on our excellent start, might that be the extra motivation he needs to start competing hard for his place again? A fit and firing Tanguy could be the difference between being thereabouts and going the whole nine yards.

Would make sense if he was the star man delivering top notch performances week in week out, carrying the team, kind of like Kane - but his performances have been patchy at best. No one wants to sign this guy for anything remotely close to the fee we paid for him.

He should keep his head down, work hard, play well and hope someone wants to buy him out, if he's so desperate to leave. Disgraceful attitude, but then again, who knows what goes on in his personal life. Maybe just too young, fragile and inexperienced to make it abroad.

Problem with not offloading him this window is that I cant imagine its going to be much easier to do so in Jan. If he doesnt have the desire to get fit and get into the team, then he's not going to play much over the next few months

Problem with not offloading him this window is that I cant imagine its going to be much easier to do so in Jan. If he doesnt have the desire to get fit and get into the team, then he's not going to play much over the next few months

I agree. But he's got to understand that it's in his own best interest to actually perform.

He's fit and he will want to play, not worried about that.

The issue is (or seems to be), he's quite fragile mentally, he took being dropped by Mason quite hard (for fudging Winks), then it seemed all his mates were out (Sissoko & Aurier). Players like that will struggle while things are uncertain.

Window closed, he's here, Sissoko is a short uber away, I expect he will settle back down.

This is his year to prove he's part of the long term plan or not.

He's fit and he will want to play, not worried about that.

The issue is (or seems to be), he's quite fragile mentally, he took being dropped by Mason quite hard (for fudging Winks), then it seemed all his mates were out (Sissoko & Aurier). Players like that will struggle while things are uncertain.

Window closed, he's here, Sissoko is a short uber away, I expect he will settle back down.

This is his year to prove he's part of the long term plan or not.
That, but also the required work rate for those midfield roles in the current system.

Probably had his best run last season playing more or less as a #10 with more limited defensive responsibility.

The box to box central midfield roles we play with currently is close to the opposite of that #10 role in terms of defensive responsibility.

Will be a big ask for him to fulfill the defensive parts of a role like that. If he can he will be a star.

That, but also the required work rate for those midfield roles in the current system.

Probably had his best run last season playing more or less as a #10 with more limited defensive responsibility.

The box to box central midfield roles we play with currently is close to the opposite of that #10 role in terms of defensive responsibility.

Will be a big ask for him to fulfill the defensive parts of a role like that. If he can he will be a star.

I can't see Nuno asking him to do more defensively than Jose.

I think in most matches you have Skipp & PEH sit behind him, we are likely to play slightly wonky with FBs (one more defensive, one more attacking), so the defensive work should be minimized.

In games where a team sits back, you can play him +Dele/Lo Celso with only one of PEH/Skipp sitting.

I can't see Nuno asking him to do more defensively than Jose.

I think in most matches you have Skipp & PEH sit behind him, we are likely to play slightly wonky with FBs (one more defensive, one more attacking), so the defensive work should be minimized.

In games where a team sits back, you can play him +Dele/Lo Celso with only one of PEH/Skipp sitting.

That would surely require a change of system with at least one of the attacking players defending deeper and more?

Part of the reason we've been able to play with a narrow front three and leaving several of them fairly high up the pitch when defending is the one vs. one defensive capability of Tanganga and Reguilon. But a big part of it is the immense work rate and outright defensive ability of Alli and Hojbjerg.

If Ndombele can't do that the only way he gets on the pitch against anyone even decent surely is a change of system?

When you consider we now have a balanced and seemingly half good defence, a strong double pivot and two world class forwards, the main factor between a decent push for top 4 and mid-table ignonimity is likely to be the player who pulls the strings and finds the passes in midfield. In other words, we are depending on this crackpot for a successful season....

When you consider we now have a balanced and seemingly half good defence, a strong double pivot and two world class forwards, the main factor between a decent push for top 4 and mid-table ignonimity is likely to be the player who pulls the strings and finds the passes in midfield. In other words, we are depending on this crackpot for a successful season....
Disagree. I hope Ndombele wakes up* but regardless, we probably wouldn't play him in the "top 4" games and we should have enough to win the other matches without him.
He is a brilliant player when awake, but we do have options that Nuno can shape into a useful team.

*He just had a kid right? So I thought perhaps that would be the making of him and he would grow up and realise he needs to take responsibility and work for Spurs. Maybe he is under pressure from his Mrs to move or something, anyone know his private life or am I wrong that he just had a kid?

Disagree. I hope Ndombele wakes up* but regardless, we probably wouldn't play him in the "top 4" games and we should have enough to win the other matches without him.
He is a brilliant player when awake, but we do have options that Nuno can shape into a useful team.

*He just had a kid right? So I thought perhaps that would be the making of him and he would grow up and realise he needs to take responsibility and work for Spurs. Maybe he is under pressure from his Mrs to move or something, anyone know his private life or am I wrong that he just had a kid?

Yes he's just had a kid. We gave him some time off in preseason.

Or maybe the problem is that since earning more in the last 2 years than most would in a lifetime with the prospect of more of the same he’s under absolutely no pressure whatsoever and can’t be arsed to make an effort.

So hope he can.
What I don't get is that he has such talent but just can't be bothered. If he had the application and same mind set of PEH or Kane he would undoubtedly be one of the best midfielders in the world. Unfortunately he is no where near that, but certainly has the ability to.

Back