• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Taking us where we want to go.

I seriously can’t believe what I’m reading.

When United won the CL in 1999, they had Jesper Blomqvist, Ronny Johnson and Nicky Butt starting the final with David May, Jonathan Greening, Raimond van set Gouw and Wes Brown on the bench.

Arsenal went unbeaten with Jens Lehmann, Ray Parlour, Pascal Cygan, Edu and Jeremie Aliadiere in the squad and playing games.

And we think that Son, Lamela and Dier can’t play in a team that can win the title.

fudge sake lads. I hope some people on here don’t come on complaining about loyalty if our players or manager fudge off.

yes that's true, we shouldnt sell any of the players mentioned. I just feel we need better than Dier, Son and Lemela don't play as many games as Dier and both are great to have in the squad.

Jesus.... Some serious knee jerking going on here!

Let’s make sure we do not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

All of the below are good enough for a title winning squad:

Lloris
Trippier
Sanchez
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Rose
Davies
Dier
Wanyama
Dembele
Winks (if he can get over his injury problems)
Eriksen
Ali
Moura
Lamela
Son
Kane

We only need be signing 3 or 4 players this summer. However all need to be good enough to properly challenge for a first team place as opposed to being seen as pure backup options.

Last edited:
Jesus.... Some serious knee jerking going on here!

Let’s make sure we do not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

All of the below are good enough for a title winning squad:

Lloris
Trippier
Sanchez
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Rose
Davies
Dier
Wanyama
Dembele
Winks (if he can get over his injury problems)
Eriksen
Ali
Moura
Lamela
Son
Kane

We only need be signing 3 or 4 players this summer. However all need to be good enough to properly challenge for a first team place as opposed to being seen as pure backup options.

Super post. Would thank it twice if I could.

So this is the weird expectations thread.

We are not challenging for the title until Guardiola goes and neither is anyone else in the league.

I'm not sure where it is people expect us to go?

We are not challenging for the title until Guardiola goes and neither is anyone else in the league.

You may be right on Guardiola but I wouldn’t bank on it. When Chelsea had bundles more money than anyone else and Jose was managing them first time round, it looked like no one else would ever win the league again. Fergie found a way in Jose’s third season though so you’d never know.

We wouldn’t be angry after a defeat like Saturdays I’d we didn’t think the players were good enough surely, otherwise what’s the point???

And on the subject of Dier don’t forget Mou wanted him over Matic

We could sell Son tomo and get doubled what we paid

And Lamela would get into any Italian side and make us a profit

Our squad weakness maybe comes from losing the pace at full backs and possibly the variety we need

We’re really not that far off and will we fix it this summer.... I doubt it but I’m sure we will improve as a squad over all again

A cup final perhaps - just for once? Or a 5-2 win in a Champs Lge semi?

We wouldn’t be angry after a defeat like Saturdays I’d we didn’t think the players were good enough surely, otherwise what’s the point???

Our squad weakness maybe comes from losing the pace at full backs and possibly the variety we need

We’re really not that far off and will we fix it this summer.... I doubt it but I’m sure we will improve as a squad over all again

Think a lot stems from the full back thing actually, it was such a large part of how we play. We need to try and get the best two full backs in the league playing for us again. I think Tierney at Celtic for left back after a season could be there or there abouts and then a pacey right back either walker-peters or someone who knows how to take a throw in type right back.

Think a lot stems from the full back thing actually, it was such a large part of how we play. We need to try and get the best two full backs in the league playing for us again. I think Tierney at Celtic for left back after a season could be there or there abouts and then a pacey right back either walker-peters or someone who knows how to take a throw in type right back.

I was all for aurier as he looked great in france, but maybe that shows how poor a a league that is and for me he has shown himself to be no better than Walker Peters

And agree on tiernay, if we sell rose he would be a great replacement

What sort of player is Tiernay?

Funny that you question the strength of the French league and then in the same post suggest a player from the Scottish league...

We are over reliant on too few player, Eriksen to solve all manner of attacking conundrums. Dele has been exceptional for young player but we need to remember he’s 22. Kane is unique and troubled for whatever reason.
Dembele is on the wane.
All key players with no direct ‘quality’ replacements. There are more as you know

Mourinho has far greater options - that’s why we lost. (I got called away)

cont.......

We all know there squad is deeper....money!

But our loosing was blamed on lack of "winning mentality" and even " not caring :mad:".....that is wrong (polite version).

I think as "the club" look for a greater all round squad in depth and as well as quality.
We will obviously accumulate some Sissoko's and Aurier's along the way..

Last edited:
What sort of player is Tiernay?

Funny that you question the strength of the French league and then in the same post suggest a player from the Scottish league...

You can good players from Scotland like Wanamya and you can get good players from France. Sadly Mr Aurier is not a good player, he is not even an average one.

Whisper it, but he's actually proving he's still a good coach.

Not really. Sorry to smash the Guardiola myth for you, but he spent a brickload fixing his squad. First and foremost, he threw Bravo in the bin. That guy was a liability and cost City heaps in lost points last season. The new keeper is the best in the league and has saved then lots of points this season. He also up graded both full backs. When he does something with a club like Spurs then i'll listen to the hype, until then he's just another in a long line of lucky guys who mange cash doped clubs exclusively.

Whisper it, but he's actually proving he's still a good coach.

Being able to call on a £300m budget 'to date' clouds the "good coach" issue with Mourinho for me. Dyche is a good coach Pochettino likewise, even Plopp has spent brick loads but sold well.
Mourinho and Pep "don't impress me much" (great tune) because they have one big problem removed from their equation, money!

Not really. Sorry to smash the Guardiola myth for you, but he spent a brickload fixing his squad. First and foremost, he threw Bravo in the bin. That guy was a liability and cost City heaps in lost points last season. The new keeper is the best in the league and has saved then lots of points this season. He also up graded both full backs. When he does something with a club like Spurs then i'll listen to the hype, until then he's just another in a long line of lucky guys who mange cash doped clubs exclusively.
How many of those lucky coaches have got three different teams playing such beautiful football whilst winning things? If it was that easy they would all be doing it. Dress it up any way you want, he is a brilliant coach....

I was talking about Mou.

Back