• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer 2018 transfer thread

I am really concerned that with the exception of Sanchez none of the players we bought over the past 12 months were deemed good enough by Poch to start that semi final. Methinks that says something about the calibre of our recent signings. We are simply not buying good enough players.

It is now time to increase the quality quotient to really threaten our perceived best starting 11 and seriously improve our squad

Methinks that says something about how Poch buildning a team.

Amazing how a fa cup defeat would deflate morale. You would have taken a to four spot all day long and we missed an opportunity for sure. However I firmly believe none of these players mentioned are angling for a move.

I do wonder if we had beaten utd would you have made the post?

I think everyone concerned will see at least next season out with us and reassess their options.
Do you seriously think our top players are happy at the fact we keep coming up short whilst watching Walker win the league in his first season of leaving? These players have a seriously short shelf life and whilst there’s no doubting they enjoy it here they have ambitions and it’s natural for the likes Of Eriksen to be seriously considering his options knowing he could play for practically any team he wanted. You even say yourself you reckon they will see next season out, basically acknowledging the fact players will be considering their options now but you have no idea whether that will be now or in a years time or whatever, it’s just wishful thinking to hope they’ll be happy to stay for at least a season....

I am really concerned that with the exception of Sanchez none of the players we bought over the past 12 months were deemed good enough by Poch to start that semi final. Methinks that says something about the calibre of our recent signings. We are simply not buying good enough players.

It is now time to increase the quality quotient to really threaten our perceived best starting 11 and seriously improve our squad

3 out of 4 new signings flop at every club. That's just the odds you play.

We have signed a lot of poor players under Poch, but I don't think his strike ratio is that bad.

And Aurier and Moura are still earlier enough in their careers that you can't judge yet.

There has been some discussion about some experienced winners as a missing piece of the jigsaw....I put this in another thread but probably best in here.....

If we're looking for experienced winners we're realistically looking at players who are currently, or very recently, playing for our top 4 rivals or Real, Barca, A.Madrid, Juve, Bayern ... maybe Dortmund PSG...so whose on the list ??

Adrian Rabiot from P$G? Young, solid in the middle. We were linked with him a year or so back I believe. Bale obviously. Koke at Atlético. Lichestein at Juve? Not that easy to thing of realistic targets.

3 out of 4 new signings flop at every club. That's just the odds you play.

3 out of 4? Dude you have plucked that out of thin air.

We have signed a lot of poor players under Poch, but I don't think his strike ratio is that bad.

Maybe so, but I still think it is a concern that Sanchez is the only player deemed good enough to start that semi out of all the players we have signed over the last 2 seasons. If I increase it to 3 years then Trippier gets in. For the record I am not blaming Poch entirely because I think he is hamstrung with regards to the caliber of player he can bring in.

There has been some discussion about some experienced winners as a missing piece of the jigsaw....I put this in another thread but probably best in here.....

If we're looking for experienced winners we're realistically looking at players who are currently, or very recently, playing for our top 4 rivals or Real, Barca, A.Madrid, Juve, Bayern ... maybe Dortmund PSG...so whose on the list ??

Iniesta, robben and ribbery are all out of contract at the end if the season.
We should be all over Iniesta IMO.

Back