1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Steven Bergwijn

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Daisuk, 29 Jan 2020.

1. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Cecil Poynton

He could be a devastating RWB for us.

2. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Jimmy Cantrell

Of course he was a bit rusty. What do you expect? His last start was 2 months ago! He played well today. Will get better with more games.

3. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Luka Modric

4. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Mauricio Taricco

"...totally involved in what I want...".

Conte's methods are powerful and direct:

[​IMG]

5. parklane1

parklane1 Steve Sedgley

Good to see him playing with confidence once again, lets hope he keeps it up because at his best he is a nightmare to mark for the opposing teams.

6. P.D.

P.D. Vedran Corluka

I've always thought he was talented yet in games he seemed mr average, never truly awful but never exceptional and his finishing which was supposed to be good just disappeared. He has good movement, touch and can pass OK. Think it's worth keeping him to see what Conte can do with him.

7. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Luka Modric

8. Dicko

Dicko Ruel Fox

Wasn't he supposed to be looking to go back to Holland this window? I hope the injury is not too bad and he gets the move he wants.

MKSpur and StephenH like this.
  9. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Dean Austin

Part of me does hope Stevie B gets a move to somewhere like Ajax where he’d be playing week in week out in a more favoured position. I could be wrong but it doesn’t seem that he will get many chances, or really fits in to the first XI system. Could be proved totally wrong if he sticks around and flourishes but it doesn’t seem like the ideal set up..

Injuries haven’t helped but even when fit there’s usually been Son cutting in from the left ahead of him. Then out on the right it’s hard to argue that Moura doesn’t bring more, in terms of end product + all round game.

In a similar way to Depay, Bergwijn could possibly do with things being a bit more about him to get back to his best. I don’t think being trialed as a Kane replacement role like Conte has mentioned would help him or us for the remainder of the season.

10. Denmark Spur

Denmark Spur Vedran Corluka

11. AdamB

AdamB Tommy Harmer

Shame. Always thought he had potential, but he's never been fit long enough to show either way. At least he tries, unlike some

12. harr1984

harr1984 Jimmy Neighbour

I like him. Also thought he showed some promise as Kanes understudy playing up top against West Ham. If true and he does leave, would almost certainly mean a striker was coming as Conte had him earmarked as Kanes understudy so that would at least be a positive….

13. AdamB

AdamB Tommy Harmer

Agreed. Doesnt feel like we need to shift him though to bring another in as we only have 5 forwards at the moment. Perhaps we're planning to go more 3-5-2

14. parklane1

parklane1 Steve Sedgley

Same here, he has had really bad luck with injurys which has meant he has not been able to get a good run in the side. Pity because he can play.

15. billyiddo

billyiddo George Hunt Staff Member

Doesn't look like he has the quality to be a starter for a club at the level we want to be and isn't fit enough or effective enough when filling in to be a reliable cover player. Probably still has a half decent rep so makes sense to get what we can for him and go again

MKSpur, Robspur12 and Bishop like this.
  16. AjaxDeSuperYids

AjaxDeSuperYids Terry Fenwick

Depends who the striker is.

If its someone towards the top of paratici’s and conte’s list then great but if as I expect they are forced onto page 4 of their list by our owner, then I’d rather stick a pineapple up my ass.

17. DaveT316

DaveT316 Anthony Gardner

Ajax has €18m bid turned down. Sounds like a question of When, not If, he’s sold.

Hopefully we can get something closer to €30m, given he’s one of our few assets with a proper resale value. I’d love him to do well, he’s just never fit for long enough.

Last edited: 10 Jan 2022
  18. parklane1

parklane1 Steve Sedgley

It is a problem for him ( and us) i am sure if he could stay fit and get a run of games he would do well here.

DaveT316 likes this.
  19. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Nayim

We reportedly paid £26-7m. We'd want close to that back you'd think. He is a player who can do more. But we need cash, so as long as the bid is over £21m I think we'll take it and put it towards a striker.

DaveT316 likes this.
  20. Jordinho

Jordinho Taffy O'Callaghan Staff Member