• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Starting XI?

nattenskonge

Drama queen
Formation?
Players?

mine:
————————Lloris———————
Doherty——Toby—Sanchez——Reguilon
—————————Hojbjerg———————
————Ndombele——Lo Celso———
—Bale——————————————Son—
—————————Kane————————

For me not much in it between Doherty and Aurier, though right now I'd go for Aurier.

Similar at centre back, not much in it and probably depends on the opposition. I'd go for Alderweireld and Dier, but really close.

Other than those close calls I'd expect most fans to favour the above, never seen, lineup. Would be massively exciting to see that if it clicks, and I think it could click.

Right Back and the two CBs are the only positions i expect to see any debate atm

Lloris
Doherty Alderweireld Sanchez Reguilon
Ndombele Hojberg Lo Celso
Bale Kane Son

Think Dier is a shoe in if fit. Mourinho seems to love him. Though the man is fickle and can change quickly if Doer doesn’t deliver. But Dier is one of his favs.

Hopefully Aurier and Doherty push each other to higher and higher levels. Amazing from no decent FBs we now seem to have serious quality there. Davies works as a squad player. We even have Tanganga.

Bale maybe eased back in. High impact as a sub, then peak late in the season? Dele, Moura, Lamela, Bergjwin all need deliver to get a look in.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Formation?
Players?

mine:
————————Lloris———————
—————————Hojbjerg———————
—Bale——————————————Son—
—————————Kane————————

Swap Dier for Toby for me.

Formation?
Players?

mine:
————————Lloris———————
—————————Hojbjerg———————
—Bale——————————————Son—
—————————Kane————————

A few thoughts

- First 11, Dier plays, partially because Jose backs him, partially because he's the only CB decent in the air.
- I think the CB pair is Dier & Toby against team that threaten less (Toby's passing comes into play). Dier & Sanchez against pace
- Similar, I don't think Ndombele & Lo Celso together plays against better teams, I think you take one out and add Winks/Sissoko alongside PEH for more cover. Against a team that sits back, play both.
- I'd also say, no clear choice between Aurier and Doherty yet.

The other interesting question is the subs, with 7, who do you have?

If you did, -> Hart, Toby/Sanchez (whichever one is not playing), Sissoko, Davies, Lamela, Bergwijn, Vinicius (you would leave out Dele, Lucas, a RB, Winks, Tanganga). I chose Sissoko as he could cover CM/RB/RW, Davies as RB/CB, Lamela on form and can play a few roles. Some tough choices ...

--------------------Lloris-----------------------
Aurier-----Dier-----------Tanganga------Reguilon
----------------Hojbjerg-------------------------
-------N'Dombele---------LoCelso---------------
----Bale-------------------------------Son--------
--------------------Kane---------------------------

I think currently Aurier is playing better than Doherty. Reguilon pushes Daves out straight away due to what he brings to the team. Cannot wait
to see this midfield Trio, I think it has a bit of everything. Bale on the right and son dovetailing with Kane should be a sweet sight.

Toby or Dier. But I went for Dier as he is going to be here longer and needs to play more. Tanganga I want to see get more game time and honest
dont think he is a drop off to Sanchez so want him to play.

Lloris
Aurier Dier Toby Regulion
Ndombele Hojberg Lo Celso
Bale Kane Son

Hart
Doherty Sanchez Tanganga Davies
Winks/Gedson Sissoko
Alli Lamela Moura
Vinicius

Lloris/Gollini

Tanganga/Royal...Dier/Sanchez...Romero/Rodon...Reguilon/Davies

[two from]Hojbjerg/Skipp/Lo Celso

Ndombele/Gil

Son/Moura...............Bergwijn/Dele

Kane/Scarlett​

Last edited:
I still think 3 at the back would work for us, especially watching Chelsea play it
It would take time to set up though but we have Rodon, Romero and Tanganga who are aggressive and proactive defenders, with the first two comfortable taking the ball into midfield. Dier has played there before and excelled with the Dutch lads. Davies plays there in a 3 for Wales and Sanchez may be a square peg in the system but we could see
Tanganga can play a winky wing back or a solid wing back (like Az does for Chelsea) with royal playing a more attacking role
We have Reggie who played wingback the year we brought him at Sevilla and the role would suit sessegnon too
We would only need one holder in skipp or Hojdjerg so have options there
You would have either lo Celso or Tanguy in the midfield with one of those two above
That then Means you can have 3 attackers in front who focus on attacking (as it seems Nuno wants)
That would be son and Kane plus one other (not lo Celso). Dele may nit suit the role but equally it could be reinvigorating.
Moura, bergwein and potentially Brian all should suit this set up
If we get it right it’s 6 in attack with the waking backs and it’s how wolves played when they countered teams (inverted wing backs were regularly doing damage and hurt us several times)

I still think 3 at the back would work for us, especially watching Chelsea play it
It would take time to set up though but we have Rodon, Romero and Tanganga who are aggressive and proactive defenders, with the first two comfortable taking the ball into midfield. Dier has played there before and excelled with the Dutch lads. Davies plays there in a 3 for Wales and Sanchez may be a square peg in the system but we could see
Tanganga can play a winky wing back or a solid wing back (like Az does for Chelsea) with royal playing a more attacking role
We have Reggie who played wingback the year we brought him at Sevilla and the role would suit sessegnon too
We would only need one holder in skipp or Hojdjerg so have options there
You would have either lo Celso or Tanguy in the midfield with one of those two above
That then Means you can have 3 attackers in front who focus on attacking (as it seems Nuno wants)
That would be son and Kane plus one other (not lo Celso). Dele may nit suit the role but equally it could be reinvigorating.
Moura, bergwein and potentially Brian all should suit this set up
If we get it right it’s 6 in attack with the waking backs and it’s how wolves played when they countered teams (inverted wing backs were regularly doing damage and hurt us several times)

This is exactly my analysis too. Someone mentioned Romero played in a back three at Atalanta, but as the more advanced of the three. This would enable us to play only one of Skipp or Holberg and get another attacker on the field.

I would go:

.........................Lloris..........................

...............Sanchez.....Dier........................
...................Romero..............................

Royal/ Tanganga....Skipp/ PEH..............Reggie/ Sess

......................N'Dombele/LoCelso.....................

......Lucas/ Gil..........................Dele/ Bergwyn/Son

.........................Kane................................

This is exactly my analysis too. Someone mentioned Romero played in a back three at Atalanta, but as the more advanced of the three. This would enable us to play only one of Skipp or Holberg and get another attacker on the field.

I would go:

.........................Lloris..........................

...............Sanchez.....Dier........................
...................Romero..............................

Royal/ Tanganga....Skipp/ PEH..............Reggie/ Sess

......................N'Dombele/LoCelso.....................

......Lucas/ Gil..........................Dele/ Bergwyn/Son

.........................Kane................................

Wouldn't be opposed to a back three, but I also don't quite see why that would be an improvement on the current system.

Last three games we've only started one of Skipp and Hojbjerg anyway. Allowing Alli to become that extra attacker in phases where we attack over a bit of time.

A 3-4-3 like the one you outline won't allow Ndombele/Lo Celso to go forward as much as Alli does in the current system, not that they would be capable of that anyway.

Still a front three, but no CM with the freedom to roam forward. Would leave more of the attacking responsibility on the wing backs. For Reguilon and Sessegnon that would be fine, for Emerson and Tanganga not so much imo.

Rather than give us another attacker I think it would give us fewer good attacking channels.

Wouldn't be opposed to a back three, but I also don't quite see why that would be an improvement on the current system.

Last three games we've only started one of Skipp and Hojbjerg anyway. Allowing Alli to become that extra attacker in phases where we attack over a bit of time.

A 3-4-3 like the one you outline won't allow Ndombele/Lo Celso to go forward as much as Alli does in the current system, not that they would be capable of that anyway.

Still a front three, but no CM with the freedom to roam forward. Would leave more of the attacking responsibility on the wing backs. For Reguilon and Sessegnon that would be fine, for Emerson and Tanganga not so much imo.

Rather than give us another attacker I think it would give us fewer good attacking channels.
Dele is possibly the possibly the problem though. I personally don’t think he works in attacking 3 because IMO we need at least one player in there plays son with real pace and dribbling
Dele though could play in midfield
and Currently due to injuries were playing with 2 forwards and lo Celso who really doesn’t suit that system, hence why we currently have issues

Dele is possibly the possibly the problem though. I personally don’t think he works in attacking 3 because IMO we need at least one player in there plays son with real pace and dribbling
Dele though could play in midfield
and Currently due to injuries were playing with 2 forwards and lo Celso who really doesn’t suit that system, hence why we currently have issues

Just to be clear I'm saying we should stick with the current system.

I think Dele could be excellent in his current role in the 4-3-3. In midfield in a 3-4-3 I don't think he would be as good at all.

Lo Celso is playing where he is because of injuries, I'm almost certain. Lucas and Moura being injured, with Son rested or Gil not yet ready to start a particular game, there will be issues no matter what the system is i think. I'm quite happy to see Nuno stick with his system during injury problems instead of chopping and changing.

Just to be clear I'm saying we should stick with the current system.

I think Dele could be excellent in his current role in the 4-3-3. In midfield in a 3-4-3 I don't think he would be as good at all.

Lo Celso is playing where he is because of injuries, I'm almost certain. Lucas and Moura being injured, with Son rested or Gil not yet ready to start a particular game, there will be issues no matter what the system is i think. I'm quite happy to see Nuno stick with his system during injury problems instead of chopping and changing.
I agree he should stick with the system he wants
But I wonder if he played the 4-3-3 because of who he had available when the season and pre season
He liked 3-4-3 previously at wolves (we played it once here in Europe already)
And also 4-2-3-1 at Valencia

Lloris/Gollini

Tanganga/Royal...Dier/Sanchez...Romero/Rodon...Reguilon/Davies

[two from]Hojbjerg/Skipp/Lo Celso

Ndombele/Gil

Son/Moura...............Bergwijn/Dele

Kane/Scarlett​

I dont think that role works for Dele - he's a no 10, rather than a wide forward. Therefore if this role is along those lines where he's playing off the CF then I think it works for him, but if he's meant to be closer to the 2 CMs, I think its a problem.

I also think Gil's pace and dribbling is best used further forward that in the role which you have allocated him to

Back