1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Spurs & Covid

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by milo, 1 Jan 2021.

1. Nutter-Naylor

Nutter-Naylor Anthony Gardner

2. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Vivian Woodward

need him to stick to his guns here
    We will have a Covid issue I’m sure but we should set expectations now

3. Bedfordspurs

confirming we have had cases

4. Legohamster

Legohamster Steffen Iversen

We are the ones suffering here if it’s postponed - with the PL offering no answers at the moment.

Fulham/WBA would be delighted with games postponed at the moment.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  5. AdamB

AdamB Colin Calderwood

Agreed, though the 'league cup final' postponement isn't really valid. It has moved, but we have a PL game that weekend in its place

6. Yiddo

Yiddo Steve Carr

If brick keeps hitting the fan like this i can see there being a u turn on continuing to let Elite football carry on.

7. Aldo

Aldo Pascal Chimbonda

This is when you want Jose going in to bat for you. I can't imagine Poch would have stuck his head up like this.

Baleforce, SteveAWOL, Robbo and 2 others like this.
  8. GPRD81

GPRD81 Sean Davis

Unfortunately self-interest and ambiguity will be more prominent than logic here and I'm sure we have been/will be just as guilty.

Logically - you'd ask Villa to clarify no later than Saturday lunchtime whether they will have enough players available to fulfil our fixture on Wednesday; if not then plans can put in place for us to play Fulham on Tuesday evening or perhaps even Wednesday afternoon. With no crowds or match going fans to consider (yeah like we're ever a consideration!) this should be possible.

With Villa effectively throwing the FA Cup now the league takes extra priority for them and they will feel their chances of collecting 3 points against us (a challenger for their top 4 aspirations) are diminished as a result of having to play with an under strength team. It therefore suits them to push for the postponement knowing that there's now three precedents in place.

In some ways it must be a good thing for us to have another free mid week - considering we were the only team in the league to play every weekend/midweek bar internationals from September to December. However on the flip side there is very few available dates to play any rescheduled games IF we progress in FA Cup and Europa League and with the draws that we have you'd imagine we'll go at least one more round in both!

Aldo likes this.
  9. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Paul Robinson

Couple of points.
    We could quite reasonably demand to know because it could impact how we approach Sundays game.

Although I take your point it would give us a midweek of, in reality we can create an 8 day break for most of the first team by not sending them to Marine.

thfcsteff, Baleforce and Bedfordspurs like this.
  10. AdamB

AdamB Colin Calderwood

Given Villa are 1-1 with a very strong Liverpool team (Salad, Mane, Henderson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum ec) after 53 mins so far, it'll be hard for them to argue that they cant field a competitive team next Wed against us

11. Bedfordspurs

It won’t be hard
    Theh will just point to city, Fulham and Newcastle

DaveT316 likes this.
  12. AdamB

AdamB Colin Calderwood

I spoke/posted too soon. 4-1 after 65 mins

13. Legohamster

Legohamster Steffen Iversen

Six Nations officials will hold urgent talks with the French government on Monday after the championship was plunged into doubt following the imposition of a ban on cross-border elite sport with clubs in the United Kingdom.

As revealed by Telegraph Sport on Saturday, the decision by the French sports ministry in response to the spike in Covid-19 infections in the UK has led to the postponement of the final two rounds of the Heineken Champions Cup, which had been due to resume on Friday.

There are now fears that the travel ban could also have serious implications for the Six Nations, which is set to start on Feb 6, as it could prevent France from taking part.

Whilst Rugby, lets hope its cleared up by the return of Europa League

14. AdamB

AdamB Colin Calderwood

Fair point. 18th Feb is our trip to Austria - I'd hope that cases are peaking now and have declined materially by then, though hospitals will still be rammed full. I think the EL will be ok - previously there were exemptions from travel restrictions for professional sport

15. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Andy Thompson

Sensible for US, yes. Not sure Fulham would agree, with only one day rest before they play Chelsea

Last edited: 10 Jan 2021
    AdamB likes this.
  16. Hotshot-Tottenham

Hotshot-Tottenham Dean Austin

Not when you’re basically breathing straight into someone’s nose and mouth, I’d have thought.

Kandi1977 and Bullet like this.
  17. AdamB

AdamB Colin Calderwood

Lengthy article from a Brum paper about our game belw. They had 9 positive tests on Wed 6th so they'd miss the game against us, assuming its not cancelled, given the 10 day isolation period. Therefore if they have a 22 man squad, that means 13 negative-tested first teams players...plus kids. They really shouldn't be allowed to cancel. Teams play games when they have 9 injuries

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ews/aston-villa-tottenham-game-covid-19598598

SteveAWOL and Legohamster like this.
  18. Nutter-Naylor

P.S worst OMT of all time?

MKSpur likes this.
  19. Nutter-Naylor

@scaramanga

Maybe move to Fixtures and ticket news?

Although I do have a 400% record with my solitary OMT. :D

20. Nutter-Naylor