• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs Brentford OMT

This. The one common factor in all the mistakes they've supposedly benefited from is having players swarming around the ball ready to capitalize.

Our dopey bunch half-heartedly press, half-heartedly close down, play stupidly loose passes, cannot trap a bag of cement. Then when the opponent makes mistakes (and both Brighton and Brentford have made mistakes), no one is around to capitalize for us.

You make your own luck. They made theirs. We didn't, and aren't.
I don’t think Brighton or Brentford made mistakes
They stuck at their plan and weren’t stretched to make mistakes. That was the issue
You have to force players into error most of the time (unless you playing Chelsea last week) and our system is to do that by using the wing backs

You think I'm bonkers for saying it but, equally, I think you're bonkers as you couldn't see that they were outnumbered 3 on 2 with very few passing lanes open for them.
I don't like 2 in CM for us. Never have and never will. I can just about get behind 3 at the back (but prefer more attackers or midfielders rather than more bloody defenders) but I can't really get behind 3 CBs and 2 FBs leaving us with just 2 CMs. It's just not a good balance with the players we have for WB. Sure if we get a reincarnation of Hakimi or even an Alonso it could work but as it is it's a bit of a struggle.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Are we losing some aggression and intensity from when results were better?

We mainly create chances on the break and when playing through pressure. Against Brighton and Brentford we haven't been able to play through pressure well enough and also not been getting those breaks. Wondering if the latter of those is that we're not at the same level with aggression and intensity.

Back