• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Indeed.
On reflection, I can understand the ref showing the red - emotions and circumstances can easily cloud decision making.
But VAR can help with that full vision and time.
The problem I have with the decision is that Atkinson had shown him a yellow based on his observation of the tackle but without knowledge of the severity of the injury. To then change it is not part of any rule I know. Otherwise every time a challenge leads to serious injury, it should be a red. Plainly, that is not the case and would be illogical.

Aurier is really just in the way though. There was intent from Sonny.

Agreed on Eriksen. There was one 50:50 ball second half where he just eased off running to avoid going in. It was shocking. He's always been a bit of a fanny but when he's not doing what he's good at, it becomes much more irritating.

not sure how your getting intent form that tackle other than an intent to stop him

Jesus, I didn’t realise the injury was that bad.

So bad in fact, it’s grafted Neymar’s injured foot from ages ago, onto Andre Gomes’ leg today.

Wow! Incredible stuff.

I was quoting the tweet because of the close up if Aurier's challenge. It was clearly a bad injury and obvious on the pitch, you wouldn't have seen the reaction we did otherwise.

I was quoting the tweet because of the close up if Aurier's challenge. It was clearly a bad injury and obvious on the pitch, you wouldn't have seen the reaction we did otherwise.
It’s still funny that Neymars leg got grafted onto Gomes, shorts and all.

not sure how your getting intent form that tackle other than an intent to stop him

The fact he'd been elbowed by Gomes minutes before, he speeds up when he notices who has the ball and he has absolutely no chance of getting the ball from the position he tackled from. He didn't mean to injure Gomes but he absolutely intended to foul him.

Studs caught in the turf?

I missed the challenge during the game because my son was being a bugger. The replay afterwards was cut and didn't show much.

He was knocked off balance by Son’s lunge, takes another stride where he plants his right foot (which is where he seems to catch his studs), then his weight is going forward, over his knee but his foot can’t move.

Then a split second later he clashes with Aurier which certainly doesn’t improve matters, but he’s already done (or at least doing) the damage.

Hard to tell in truth. Son has some culpability (although no intent to harm), then some rank bad luck for the lad.

The problem I have with the decision is that Atkinson had shown him a yellow based on his observation of the tackle but without knowledge of the severity of the injury. To then change it is not part of any rule I know. Otherwise every time a challenge leads to serious injury, it should be a red. Plainly, that is not the case and would be illogical.
I 100% agree with all of that.
And that is exactly why I have concluded that emotions took over - which although wrong, happens.
Refs are human too and trauma tends to accentuate the decision.
We don't want the game ref's by robots - but this is a time where a robot would be useful....the robot didn't get used properly.
The ref got it wrong. But I won't blame him for that.

Back