• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Ok, I hope the people are helping you as best they can

the reason I asked was my wife works in mental health. She runs half the early intervention team for the county and I always like to ask for peoples views and thoughts on how they are treated to share with her (good and bad)

I recall (re your your wife) as you’ve mentioned it previously on here.

It’s a tough job. The advice given is to speak out if you’re struggling but unless you’re asking easily answerable questions the generic advice offered can be counterproductive. Life can be a monster whether one has diagnosed mental health conditions or not. I’ve had some discussions with crisis lines and reaching out made me feel worse (I sincerely hope i’ve not argued with your missus as I can be an arsehole at times, imagine that!).

However, I’m given a once a month appointment with someone who will listen and also cares, so it’s more than most are offered so to complain about it seems rather entitled.

I recall (re your your wife) as you’ve mentioned it previously on here.

It’s a tough job. The advice given is to speak out if you’re struggling but unless you’re asking easily answerable questions the generic advice offered can be counterproductive. Life can be a monster whether one has diagnosed mental health conditions or not. I’ve had some discussions with crisis lines and reaching out made me feel worse (I sincerely hope i’ve not argued with your missus as I can be an arsehole at times, imagine that!).

However, I’m given a once a month appointment with someone who will listen and also cares, so it’s more than most are offered so to complain about it seems rather entitled.
You just need to take whatever help you can get and make it work for you. Plenty have argued with her and she takes it as part of the job. Parents and partner are the bigger issue now as they tend to Google everything and know the answers

I hear of such extremes in the way people are “treated” hence the interest. It’s not an area I know about of course but I hear snippets from the wife and I try to give her info to contrast and compare with her experiences

we have been watching this is going to hurt in iPlayer and it’s an exceptionally good depiction of the health service as she sees it, and I’ve seen it as a “customer”

I'll be enjoying that sensation the next two evenings after I squeeze wasabi sauce on the lovely, free sushi meals that are available to the media covering NHL and NBA games in Toronto.

Each tray comes with packets of shredded ginger, soya sauce and wasabi. I combine them all so I can dunk each piece of a roll in it and am positively purring after downing a couple of trays of tuna and salmon maki.

not today but yesterday, had to stay and work from home as my wife's epilepsy reared it's head in the morning. No full on seizure thankfully but some shakes that meant she had to go back to bed. Never nice but she's ok today thankfully.

Platon is dead. Einstein is dead, and I'm not feeling very well either. Anyway, I'm mostly worried about our 4 month old baby, who has some issues with his lungs. I had symptoms for 2-3 days before I tested positive for covid, and I'm now isolating in the office/spare bedroom.
Any of you had experience with Covid and babies?

Platon is dead. Einstein is dead, and I'm not feeling very well either. Anyway, I'm mostly worried about our 4 month old baby, who has some issues with his lungs. I had symptoms for 2-3 days before I tested positive for covid, and I'm now isolating in the office/spare bedroom.

Only experience I've had is from my son's kindergarden - most young ones there have had it, with no major complications as far as I've heard. Our kids got away much more lightly than us adults, and I believe that's how it normally goes. I understand your worry though. I would probably contact the doctor anyway, even if your kid is well at the time being, just to get some advice (you’ve probably done that already)

Not babies but between me my mrs and our esldest (12) we've had COVID 5 times and our youngest (6) hasn't had it once
Wow! That's remarkable. Will be really interesting to know if they ever manage to figure out why the kids seem to either not get infected at all, and if so, they get very little symptoms. With my logic, finding those answers, could/should be vital in future vaccines.

Hope all is ok with the little one. And congratulations on the arrival of a new baby!

Wow! That's remarkable. Will be really interesting to know if they ever manage to figure out why the kids seem to either not get infected at all, and if so, they get very little symptoms. With my logic, finding those answers, could/should be vital in future vaccines.
It's probably because they've got supercharged immune systems from constantly having colds and snotty noses thru nursery and primary school. The little buggers:D

maybe its like the Andromeda strain, babies don't get it from crying so much and I've not had it because the alcohol level in my blood is so high

It's probably because they've got supercharged immune systems from constantly having colds and snotty noses thru nursery and primary school. The little buggers:D
That does not apply to babies. Logically, they should be the most vulnerable, because they have not been exposed to similar viruses before, and have a less devolved and weaker immune system. Also the older you are, the more you'd have been exposed to viruses of different types, so adults should logically handle it better than young adults, but that's not the case. It's really odd.

My son asked me about Scientology the other day while I was driving somewhere or another. I proceeded to explain that it was complete bollox using terms like 'it's complete bollox son' and other appropriate phrases of that ilk. Now I'm seeing ads for Scientology when I look on this forum.
They are listening.

my 15 month old almost certainly had Covid. We all did and then he had a fever and was coughing and ill for a few days. Calpol consistently and obvs go with your gut.

Few weeks back i dialled 999 for our elder one, didn't get through to anyone. 6th richest country in the world.

Not sure about that, my daughter gets the usual colds etc all the time and some of the bad ones really take it out of her, can make her super tired and doesn't sleep properly if she's coughing a lot.

Back