1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

So, what happened today?

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by Diamond Lights, 29 Oct 2020.

1. Notmegov

Notmegov Teemu Tainio

I have done a number of jobs that I hated with a passion, I witnessed my parents working their arses off in jobs they hated this formed an idea of a future I would like. I was lucky that a passion I have turned into a job. and I mean a huge amount of luck.

2. parklane1

parklane1 Tommy Harmer

I have been lucky to have worked for myself most of my days ( retired now) and also went through a few jobs i hated before making that decision. Still do a bit now and again but mostly because i love doing it rather then the money.

Mosquito_Coasting and AuroRaman like this.
  3. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Young-Pyo Lee

Find something that you love to do and you'll never work a day in your life.

Yeah, sounds so cliche but so true.

Plug me and photography into that equation. Wake up every day excited to take or make (there's a difference) images that I haven't created yet. And I'm no kid, just nicely into my '60s and still bouncing. My inspirations in this business worked well into their 80s.

4. Rorschach

Rorschach Vic Buckingham

Sounds great.

My neighbour has a similar to-die-for job which has me well jealous. His job is to walk nature trails and report if they are in good condition or not.

greatwhitenorf, P.D. and Baleforce like this.
  5. Rorschach

Rorschach Vic Buckingham

I have a digital SLR staring at me from the shelf for the last couple of years. It's an oldish one but takes great pics even on fully automatic. I was determined to learn how to use it properly during lockdown but it is still staring, taunting me. Any tips how to get started?

Last edited: 30 Mar 2021
  6. Diamond Lights

Diamond Lights Gus Poyet

just got turned down for the two internal roles i had high hopes for. Become quite clear it's a "who you know" kinda process now...

Have often thought about changing jobs / careers and doing something i WANT to do, or would actually enjoy. Am 36 so plenty of time, unfortunately i don't think i'll find anything that will pay nearly as well as what i earn now. My parents struggled a lot growing up, we never took holidays etc, so feel like i will be a slave to the system but at least the kids wont have to necessarily.

7. Baleforce

Baleforce Paul Miller

It's easy to get "trapped" by your own competence and experience, I've never particularly liked my job, but it pays well and I'm good at it. If I shifted to something I'd enjoy it would have a negative impact on my family's quality of life.

The flip side of that is that I am aware how lazy and resistant to duty I am, I'm likely to resent anything I do if it's where the money comes from.

MKSpur likes this.
  8. AuroRaman

AuroRaman Dean Austin

@greatwhitenorf will obviously have more experienced advice but I found just getting your hands on the camera and playing with it is the best way. YouTube also has some fantastic free tutorials to get you started and then when you have more experience, into more detailed styles of shooting. Udemay also do some good courses but for me, it’s the hands-on approach that is always the winner.

greatwhitenorf and Rorschach like this.
  9. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

I was the same and thought I'd struggle to earn what I do now but there are loads of jobs out there paying the same if not more !!

10. Bullet

Bullet Jack Jull

Lie back, take off your trousers and your pants and try to take a picture of your pee-pee hole really close up and post it on one of the threads on Randomination pretending it is about some other topic e.g. New black hole discovered or Cave exploration in Indonesia and we'll try to spot the fake story.

Robbo and Kandi1977 like this.
  11. Rorschach

Rorschach Vic Buckingham

If that is a come-on then I'm flattered I suppose, but if not, well ...weird.

12. markysimmo

Don't give @Danishfurniturelover ideas !!!

13. markysimmo

Star Wars what the fudge it’s Sci-Fi
    Non Binary gungans or whatever they are

3C8FB98A-C420-43D5-89FD-5F42C9059F9B.png

14. P.D.

P.D. Simon Davies

What do you do? You'd be surprised if you look around what else might be available that share similar skills. I'd love to do something I really enjoy but took a temo job for 6 months after uni and been in the same area ever since.

15. a spur from swansea

a spur from swansea Ronnie Rosenthal

I be taking voluntary redundancy end of the month, didn't dislike my job, but felt everyone else was moving on and i was standing still, pay was absolute brick, and my pay off compared to some people on here is a big laugh lol but paid the bills etc but the pluses,only a 10 minute stroll across a park, beautiful scenery etc, being 55 could be last shot in doing something else. One idea was if i bought a season ticket next year, move up to London for a couple of years just for the fun off it, enjoy a bit culture, don't mind a bit of hussle and bustle and what city living be like . But with covid and jobs not sure what that will mean, was going to travel ,Australia for the Ashes but they've banned visitors till Jan 2021 at the moment.

We'll see....

16. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Colin Calderwood

Decided to tidy my wardrobe today and found some change in the pocket of the jacket I wore last time I was at the pub.
    1e8e8391f2a2bc230b00d6efb3fd92a8.jpg

17. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Ralph Coates

Fair play
    Brave call and IMO a good one

18. markysimmo

Really lazy day today, watched loads of programmes on Discovery +
    Had a nice steak dinner with a nice glass of red

Now listening to some music, this guy is very good if you like Disco House

Kandi1977 likes this.
  19. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

Worked a shift at work, one of the girls from the office told me she would not have the vaccine as no one really knows what's in it, she gets filler in her lips and cheeks though.

Got a real soft spot for some of them but some others are fcuking idiots.

greatwhitenorf likes this.
  20. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Colin Calderwood

Nice!
    I'll be a little cheeky and promote myself. I've got some in a similar genre on my mixcloud
    https://www.mixcloud.com/DJ_Kandi/

P.D. and markysimmo like this.