• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, what happened today?

Awful day today. My lovely cat died today.
I let her out as normal, after she ate this morning, and drove the kid to kindergarten. I was going to do some errands, but for some unknown reason, I drove home, where I found my cat lying in front of the steps, crying in pain.
I knew right away that this was it. I thought she had been hit by a car, because she only moved her head and front paws. I could see in the snow that she had dragged herself on her front paws to get back home. Her back end was paralysed.
Took her straight to the vet, and as she didn't appear to have any marks or scratches, they said she probably suffered from an acute blood clog, and there was nothing to do about it. It was better to stop her from suffering. Glad I took the route home, so she didn't have to be in pain for long, and it was good to be able to be with the furry little friend when she went to sleep.
Those paws leave a hell of a mark in your heart after nearly 10 years.
Miss you little Penny. Rest in peace little friend!View attachment 10488

Heartbreaking mate.
So, so sorry. I know well how it is...you did the right thing. Sounds like you did her proud all the way. My deepest sympathies.

The neighbours are getting a new driveway and they got a few cowboys to do it. They have a truck full of the old cobblelock bricks they removed tilted up at one end with a guy working beneath it. If they fall he'll be crushed. And he's digging out the only thing that stopping the avalanche of bricks which is a bit of hardcore at the front. Madness.

The neighbours are getting a new driveway and they got a few cowboys to do it. They have a truck full of the old cobblelock bricks they removed tilted up at one end with a guy working beneath it. If they fall he'll be crushed. And he's digging out the only thing that stopping the avalanche of bricks which is a bit of hardcore at the front. Madness.
Is he dead yet?

I released a record the other day. I'm actually quite stoked on it. It's not perfect by any stretch, but I quite like it. Best enjoyed while under the influence of a little spliff I'd say.

I released a record the other day. I'm actually quite stoked on it. It's not perfect by any stretch, but I quite like it. Best enjoyed while under the influence of a little spliff I'd say.

Well done mate. I'd say you had fun making that.

Sitting this morning watching my eldest (almost 12) making Tik Tok after Tik Tok video's
It's just utter brick and not being harsh here but in 99% of them she looks like a spastic

Snap i have a 12 almost 13-year-old boy who does just this or just watches brick on it and then tries to tell me about said brick!

What a next generation we're going to have in this world, if it's not bad enough with the woke snowflakers you have all this gonad*s added into it
Scariest thing is the need to multi task but achieve nothing
I frequently see nieces and nephews (my kids are 7 and 4) watching tv, on their laptop and on their iPhone at the same time...
I ask what their doing and it’s “duh”
I can multi task really well but that’s after years of practice but these kids don’t know what’s gonna hit them

Scariest thing is the need to multi task but achieve nothing
I frequently see nieces and nephews (my kids are 7 and 4) watching tv, on their laptop and on their iPhone at the same time...
I ask what their doing and it’s “duh”
I can multi task really well but that’s after years of practice but these kids don’t know what’s gonna hit them

That's not multitasking, that's just a complete lack of attention span.

So many of today's kids are in for some rude awakenings. They get everything handed to them by their parents, they've never had to earn anything. They get chauffeured everywhere. They have no idea how to deal with boredom or using their imagination, they just get a screen shoved in their face to keep them quiet. Don't even get me started on the crap they're watching. Back in the day we'd just get kicked out and told to go play.

Made a fcuk load of money so got blindingly drunk.

Getting tinkled of with companies as shirts dont fit me properly anymore. I'm not a body builder but I do have to build muscle for health reasons. So I'm drunk and looking at shirts.

Really I'm xxl now because of my shoulders, but then the shirt by my stomach is all flappy. I know the are far worse things going on in the world but it is annoying me.

I've got to put a CV together to apply-re-apply for my job
I haven't done one for 20 odd years, anybody got a template or a link to a decent free site I can use please
Thanks

I've got to put a CV together to apply-re-apply for my job
I haven't done one for 20 odd years, anybody got a template or a link to a decent free site I can use please
Thanks

There is SO much out there and it's easy to drown in all the different advice, templates etc.
When I was re-doing mine 18 months or so back, I found the info on the Reed site quite useful and helpful

https://www.reed.co.uk/career-advice/cvs/cv-help-and-tips-cvs/
https://www.reed.co.uk/career-advice/cvs/cv-templates/

Like you, that was the first time I needed to do a CV in nearly 20 years. And things have really changed in terms of the expected format and the way your info needs to be presented. Now you are expected to give a personal statement, and list actual achievements as well as the requirements of the role. And you're advised to bake in all the key phrases from the job description to get through the automated sift (though this might not apply in your case).

There is SO much out there and it's easy to drown in all the different advice, templates etc.
When I was re-doing mine 18 months or so back, I found the info on the Reed site quite useful and helpful

https://www.reed.co.uk/career-advice/cvs/cv-help-and-tips-cvs/
https://www.reed.co.uk/career-advice/cvs/cv-templates/

Like you, that was the first time I needed to do a CV in nearly 20 years. And things have really changed in terms of the expected format and the way your info needs to be presented. Now you are expected to give a personal statement, and list actual achievements as well as the requirements of the role. And you're advised to bake in all the key phrases from the job description to get through the automated sift (though this might not apply in your case).
Thanks for this

Anyone in London/SE region, if you just heard a massive thud and felt like the house was shaking, i think we just got hit by a Sonic Boom.

Back