• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sleep paralysis

Mulletperm

Milija Aleksic
Anyone else experienced it?

Absolutely bloody terrifying, and I've had it twice now. Second one a few nights ago.

Had gone to bed a bit early, and the missus was in the lounge. I was laying on the bed and looking at the bedroom door, which had a light coming through the hallway.

Suddenly felt as though something was pulling the duvet down tight across my body. I was stuck tight and couldn't move at all. I tried shouting out to the wife and could only manage a croak, with no breath in my body.

I then heard whispering next to my head, and it felt like the sheet I was laying on was being pulled toward the edge of the bed with these whispers getting louder. I then suddenly woke with a start, pouring sweat.

Seriously one of the scariest things I've ever experienced.

That's not very nice, I was trying to understand more of what you were trying to explain. Its obviously important enough to you that you started a thread on it, but I'm no longer interested.

That's not very nice, I was trying to understand more of what you were trying to explain. Its obviously important enough to you that you started a thread on it, but I'm no longer interested.

He needs a good nights rest :)

What about Lucid Dreams? You are present enough to be able to control your dream...

Absolutely bloody terrifying, and I've had it twice now. Second one a few nights ago.

Had gone to bed a bit early, and the missus was in the lounge. I was laying on the bed and looking at the bedroom door, which had a light coming through the hallway.

Suddenly felt as though something was pulling the duvet down tight across my body. I was stuck tight and couldn't move at all. I tried shouting out to the wife and could only manage a croak, with no breath in my body.

I then heard whispering next to my head, and it felt like the sheet I was laying on was being pulled toward the edge of the bed with these whispers getting louder. I then suddenly woke with a start, pouring sweat.

Suffered from something like this once following an osteopathic treatment in which my neck was ”cracked” particularly vigorously. Went for a nap in bed when I got home and woke up unable to move any part of my body apart from my eyes, felt like an eternity that I was stuck there but was probably only a matter of minutes and thankfully has never happened again.

Ties in with my fear of locked in syndrome and motor neuron disease.

Sounds horrible, I am likely to end up in a wheelchair one day but I hope I always have a degree of mobility.

Time to lay off the waccy baccy mate.;)

Used to get these quite regular when I was a teenager, even now I can’t lay on my front in bed without the sensation and dread returning.

If it’s any help I used to concentrate on moving my hand (I can actually feel what it was like while I type this) and I would try and throw it across the bed, when it moved that would wake me up.

Had it a few times over the years - seemed to come at times when i was over tired or having an irregular sleeping pattern, first time it happened i was mid-teens and it was quite a shock/scary experience.

Got it a few times when i was travelling actually, thinking about it - what was weird at that time is i could feel myself nodding off (one particular time on a coach somewhere) and knew i was going to 'wake' moments later in a state of paralysis - strange

Found the best thing to do was to try and relax and 'go back to sleep'

Always used to get it when i was sleeping when i shouldn't have been (worked in security). Not had it for a long time but the first time was pretty freaky.

Back