• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Show me your creative stuff!

I picked up an Ipad Pro a couple of years ago, but only recently got into the excellent art app Procreate. Been "painting" a lot on it while stoned recently, which is just so so nice.

Here are some of them:

eDMjcgT.jpg

y23gBAh.jpg

HWkznot.jpg

Z3QM51x.jpg

ZJVwQoK.jpg

RQEKeeE.jpg

Man, this thread is old. Last reply in 2012! :p

I picked up an Ipad Pro a couple of years ago, but only recently got into the excellent art app Procreate. Been "painting" a lot on it while stoned recently, which is just so so nice.

Here are some of them:

eDMjcgT.jpg

y23gBAh.jpg

HWkznot.jpg

Z3QM51x.jpg

ZJVwQoK.jpg

RQEKeeE.jpg

Man, this thread is old. Last reply in 2012! :p
I like them . Make them NFTs quick

I spend many working days behind a Nikon camera trying to freeze action at sports events.

So, when I play with my cameras I like to go the other way and use longer shutter speeds to let motion or light blur. Sometimes, I'll mix in some high speed flash to freeze the subject within the motion blur.

1370709823.jpg

6579283_orig.jpg

2986678_orig.jpg

9813898_orig.jpg

cn-tower-fireworks-5_orig.jpg

1612632_orig.jpg

6016904_orig.jpg

8680015_orig.jpg

5139329_orig.jpg

9301829_orig.jpg

I spend many working days behind a Nikon camera trying to freeze action at sports events.

So, when I play with my cameras I like to go the other way and use longer shutter speeds to let motion or light blur. Sometimes, I'll mix in some high speed flash to freeze the subject within the motion blur.

1370709823.jpg

6579283_orig.jpg

2986678_orig.jpg

9813898_orig.jpg

1612632_orig.jpg

6016904_orig.jpg

8680015_orig.jpg

5139329_orig.jpg

9301829_orig.jpg
Very nice. I like the headshot and the tree in particular. The water almost looks painted in that one.

1370709823.jpg

6579283_orig.jpg

2986678_orig.jpg

9813898_orig.jpg

1612632_orig.jpg

6016904_orig.jpg

8680015_orig.jpg

5139329_orig.jpg

9301829_orig.jpg

Love these, great work.

Very nice. I like the headshot and the tree in particular. The water almost looks painted in that one.

Thanks for the nice comments.

The headshot was taken during pre-game warmups for a junior level - aged 16-20 - hockey club that I've been team photographer for 14 years. A number of its graduates play in the NHL.

Up in the catwalks about 70 feet above the ice, I have eight 2400 watt-second power packs coupled to quad-tube flash heads. By spreading the power over four tubes, the flash duration is reduced to about 1/2500 sec. Fast enough, as I like to say, to freeze the snot in a sneeze. The entire ice surface - 200 x 85 feet - is like a giant studio for me where all exposures are made at 64iso, creating superb quality images. But I can only take one shot every two seconds.

As the goalie was passing by me, seated on the team bench, I used a 70-200mm zoom lens. The shutter speed was probably about 1/15 sec. and I was both zooming out and panning across at the same time. The slow shutter speed and zooming of the focal length created the squiggly lines. The flash, on a camera set to trigger flash at the end of the exposure, froze the goalie's face. I've tried to duplicate this several times with little success.

As for the tree, that was the third attempt to photograph this cedar tree and its roots. The setting is an Olympic-calibre white water course for kayakers. The spring run off from melting snow swells the river so that it overflows the banks where the tree sits, exposing the intricate root structure. It's an exposure of about six seconds, on a tripod, during which I popped an off-camera flash unit three or four times to give the root structure some shadow and definition that was missing from previous early morning shoots where the flat light didn't give that definition.

Here's another shot from near the same location. No flash, just a beam of morning sun lighting up the water:

1928953_orig.jpg

Last edited:

1370709823.jpg

6579283_orig.jpg

2986678_orig.jpg

9813898_orig.jpg

1612632_orig.jpg

6016904_orig.jpg

8680015_orig.jpg

5139329_orig.jpg

9301829_orig.jpg

Wow, these are great! love the river shot!

DTA - nice! Do you shoot the footage as well as direct/edit it? Looks very professional. :)

Wow, these are great! love the river shot!

DTA - nice! Do you shoot the footage as well as direct/edit it? Looks very professional. :)

Really depends on the budget. Do shoot on some of the lower budget stuff, but I prefer to work with a crew if budget allows.

The Covid-19 video footage was all from a video library that I have a subscription with.

And the BLM one was a mixture of a piece to camera and cutaways we shot in our studio and some library footage and animation.

Back