• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

Fair enough and I have no problem with those that think of the Arse all the time, but to me is just as daft as those who winge about us having red on our shirts.

Its not about thinking about Le Scum all the time. Football is about rivalry at its core. To beat other teams is the whole nature of the sport. To beat your local rivals even more so. Its not the be all and end all of everything. Its not more important than league position etc but its still important. Otherwise how can you take any joy out of beating anyone if its not for bragging rights.

Maybe.

I remember it though. It went to the last game of the season. They lost at Norwich or we beat Norwich. To pip them to 3rd. Lineker was in the team and was the leagues top scorer.

Oh you mean 1990...yeah we beat Soton (huh!) 2-1 at home whilst they drew 2-2 away at Norwich.
That season we did finish 3rd and it was the last season we won at Stamford Bridge. In fact before AVB it was also that last time we won at Old Trafford:eek:

After that we finished above the Goons in 1992-93 (when they won both domestic cups, and beat us in the FA Cup semi final with their donkey scoring in the last 10 mins - man that hurt!) and we also finished above them in 1994-95 when we started the season with Ossie's famous five before ending that season with Gerry The Badger Francis...not since then have we finished above that lot and we BLOODY WELL NEED TO NOW GODAMMIT!

COYS

Its not about thinking about Le Scum all the time. Football is about rivalry at its core. To beat other teams is the whole nature of the sport. To beat your local rivals even more so. Its not the be all and end all of everything. Its not more important than league position etc but its still important. Otherwise how can you take any joy out of beating anyone if its not for bragging rights.

Also if we want to aim to win the league we NEED to finsh above them at some point; Now would be great so we can get that monkey off our backs and set ourselves up to dream and aim BIG in future...

I can agree with a lot of that, however there is a difference between wanting to be better then your rivals and obsessing over them like some do.

I can agree with a lot of that, however there is a difference between wanting to be better then your rivals and obsessing over them like some do.
I Agree with that also. I Always think about us first. What is best for Tottenham. I dont like Red on our shirt, but that is an asthetic thing to me. Not because its their colour. But because it looks crap on a blue and white shirt.

Weird that AVB's points total for 5th in 2013 is likely going to be more than we'll need for 2nd this season.
AVB' record-points-haul would've also been enough for 2nd spot in 2011 (when champions ManU finished with the same points total as Leicester have now) or 3rd spot in 2007 & 2012... It's a funny old game!

Back